Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

He was excellent. As others have pointed out he was always trying to get the team forward. He was having a right go at Simpson over a throw in!

Looks encouraging but let's see how he does against sides like Hull who won't allow him the time and space Liverpool did and certainly won't allow us to play the way we did against ManCity and Liverpool.

In the mid to long term he's the sort of player where the appointment of a new manger will be key. Sadly I think there is a good chance he will be off in the summer.

21 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Despite that ive been fairly clear that hes a monster? Maybe the reason you disagree with what I say so much is because you're incapable of reading anything that isn't just praising you for always being right.

Also, he's not yet. We signed Kante under Ranieri remember? I think Ndidi can go further than Kante but currently ngolo is still a level above.

Kante was the man Ranieri didn't want to sign. Ranieri said so himself. Which in hindsight probably didn't help us in any attempt to keep him at the club though it probably wouldn't have made much difference.

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

He was excellent. As others have pointed out he was always trying to get the team forward. He was having a right go at Simpson over a throw in!

Looks encouraging but let's see how he does against sides like Hull who won't allow him the time and space Liverpool did and certainly won't allow us to play the way we did against ManCity and Liverpool.

In the mid to long term he's the sort of player where the appointment of a new manger will be key. Sadly I think there is a good chance he will be off in the summer.

You make it sound like this has been his only good game... He's been head and shoulders above everyone (bat maybe Schmeichel) since he came in.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

You make it sound like this has been his only good game... He's been head and shoulders above everyone (bat maybe Schmeichel) since he came in.

Not intentional. I think he's done ok in other games and looked promising. But the overall standard of the team was so poor that a three legged donkey that tried to run around a bit would have looked good in comparison to the other players. All I'm saying is let's just not build him up too quickly. Let's see if he can reproduce that type of performance aginst Hull and then in the following matches. The next few games will decide our season.

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Kante was the man Ranieri didn't want to sign. Ranieri said so himself. Which in hindsight probably didn't help us in any attempt to keep him at the club though it probably wouldn't have made much difference.

I don't see how that's relevant tbh - yes, he was identified before ranieri was appointed and Walsh had to convince ranieri to sign him, but kante still signed for us under ranieri - he is the best midfielder signed with ranieri at the helm (which was the discussion). The whole Walsh signing vs ranieri signing arguments are ridiculous.

Guest CityFan 06
5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

He hasn't got that amazing first 5 yard burst like NG, but he is surprising them in the tackle in a similar way. :D

Didn't they call him 'the Octopus' at his former club? It's a bit of a shame we didn't have a cm like this at the start of the season, but hey, he's here now. I must mention I do like the look of Mendy, but I'm not sure he has enough physically, to play in a two. It will be interesting to see how all the new arrivals do, if we have turned a corner, and if they can get on the field!

Exactly right, very good post. I particularly like your comments on Mendy, who I also rate and still feel can be effective in a midfield three, or maybe a midfield two as well. A good option for us

Also agree - it will be interesting in regards to the new signings & how they get on from now on in, if they get some game time. Let's not forget they've been playing in a struggling side, and assuming we turn a corner with Shakespeare, I think we may well start to see the best of them. Confidence is a big thing.

The new signings may well not get the game time if the side from Liverpool continues to impress, and that's fine, but nevertheless it will still help them being around a better environment if we're winning matches and form is better. 

12 hours ago, the fox said:

You know i had to watch that mahrez control at 0:15 over and over againlollol

His first touch and the way he caresses the ball is the best I've seen in a Leicester shirt since I started supporting in the late 90's. I could watch his assist for Vardy in the 4-2 win over Man City over and over as well!

Ndidi played with a lot of authority and the signs are very promising indeed. He's less burdened by the history of last season and the frustrations of this one than most of the other starting XI and his attitude has been great since he came here. Mendy, King and Amartey will have to play second fiddle for him and Drinkwater for the rest of these season, with the latest performance cementing his place.

Ndidi has been heavily involved for City since joining from Genk, most recently impressing in the 3-1 victory over Liverpool on Monday. 

Discussing his swift adaptation in Leicester, he added: “I thank God for that. The training sessions are much more intense than I was used in Belgium. But I just try and throw myself. It’s the only way to adapt quickly. There’s no time to lose. 

“I’ve always felt like that. I don’t want to wait. I just try and force my way by working very hard. I try to show my qualities on the pitch, like against Liverpool. I fight, go back in position and try to get things done. 

“You have to use everything to get what you want. Also my legs. So, I just try to win balls, try to make the team better. I’m very happy at Leicester. Just as always. It’s a warm club. We are all like a big family.”

11 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Exactly right, very good post. I particularly like your comments on Mendy, who I also rate and still feel can be effective in a midfield three, or maybe a midfield two as well. A good option for us

Also agree - it will be interesting in regards to the new signings & how they get on from now on in, if they get some game time. Let's not forget they've been playing in a struggling side, and assuming we turn a corner with Shakespeare, I think we may well start to see the best of them. Confidence is a big thing.

The new signings may well not get the game time if the side from Liverpool continues to impress, and that's fine, but nevertheless it will still help them being around a better environment if we're winning matches and form is better. 

Maybe we will see a different Mendy now that Claudio has moved on. Perhaps he, like the other players, has more energy, tenacity and tackling ability than what we have seen before

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Does the deal also include Rudkin? 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Does the deal also include Rudkin? 

I wish -I wish

On 2/28/2017 at 14:02, Koke said:

People compare him to Kante but I actually agree with this fella saying he's more Cambiasso type or Nzonzi type. Give him few years and he will be a top player.

Agreed that Ndidi is nothing like Kante. Ndidi is more like a traditional, stay-at-home defensive midfielder who does grunt work right in front of the back 4 and leaves plenty of space between himself and the attacking players. Kante is an unorthodox defensive midfielder who will roam the entire field to break up opposing plays. Neither kind of defensive midfielder is necessarily better than the other; depends on how well they mesh with the rest of the team. 

This game against Liverpool showed that Ndidi might be developing an understanding with the rest of the Foxes, and vice-versa. Prior to this, Leicester were playing like they were still expecting Kante to be out there running all over the field, providing cover for the defenders and linking up with the offense. Now maybe they're finally forgetting about Kante and are getting used to having a more "traditional" d-mid. 

Foxes have to keep this guy no matter what. But he's still relatively inexperienced, and he was lucky not to get called for a penalty riding over one of the 'pool backs. He has to be careful to avoid a penalty and/or a red card in the future.

10 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

He's got those Go Go Gadget extendo legs.

The thing that makes me laugh the most is that when he goes to make a challenge, a large number of times he goes to ground quite early, and you think to yourself "oh man Ndidi just committed a foul in a dangerous position." But instead the Gadget legs come out, make a ridiculous challenge from sometimes half a metre away and we get the ball back. And then the player he just tackled looks around like "what the hell just happened?"

Kante had his internal sat nav that meant that opposition players would get confused when this tiny french guy robbed the ball off them despite being 30m away when the ball was passed, and that was also pretty entertaining. But Ndidi has even more comedy value AND a great end result when he makes those challenges. I literally won't ever get bored of seeing it. Well maybe when he leaves us in a few seasons time.

15 hours ago, reynard said:

Hull will sit deep and have 10 men behind the ball, our midfield will get time but not space to play through

7 minutes ago, Pentatonic said:

Agreed that Ndidi is nothing like Kante. Ndidi is more like a traditional, stay-at-home defensive midfielder who does grunt work right in front of the back 4 and leaves plenty of space between himself and the attacking players. Kante is an unorthodox defensive midfielder who will roam the entire field to break up opposing plays. Neither kind of defensive midfielder is necessarily better than the other; depends on how well they mesh with the rest of the team. 

This game against Liverpool showed that Ndidi might be developing an understanding with the rest of the Foxes, and vice-versa. Prior to this, Leicester were playing like they were still expecting Kante to be out there running all over the field, providing cover for the defenders and linking up with the offense. Now maybe they're finally forgetting about Kante and are getting used to having a more "traditional" d-mid. 

Foxes have to keep this guy no matter what. But he's still relatively inexperienced, and he was lucky not to get called for a penalty riding over one of the Dippers' backs. He has to be careful to avoid a penalty and/or a red card in the future.

Making as many tackles as he does I'm suprised he hasn't picked up more.

Looking like a complete midfielder!

Seems to have a bit of everything. I thought he was another Amartey type. Typically a defender, that had adapted to be a limited midfielder who would be useful in breaking up attacks and protecting the back 4, but little else.

He seems to have a lot more going for him than just that. He seems to be able to see a pass and also the ability to deliver it too. He thinks quick and can be calm in possession too. 

He's also a threat in the box with his height and natural leap and also seems to have an eye for goal and is not afraid to take on a long shot. 

Great signing so far, and really only 20 and a handful of games in?? Well impressed. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Looking like a complete midfielder!

Seems to have a bit of everything. I thought he was another Amartey type. Typically a defender, that had adapted to be a limited midfielder who would be useful in breaking up attacks and protecting the back 4, but little else.

He seems to have a lot more going for him than just that. He seems to be able to see a pass and also the ability to deliver it too. He thinks quick and can be calm in possession too. 

He's also a threat in the box with his height and natural leap and also seems to have an eye for goal and is not afraid to take on a long shot. 

Great signing so far, and really only 20 and a handful of games in?? Well impressed. 

Apart from when he drove 20 yards and mucked up that pass to Vardy lol

17 hours ago, the fox said:

Just don't over-hype the man and let him develop correctly. He is truly a wonderful player.

Surely the last sentence contradicts the first a bit? :whistle:

Archived