Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

14 hours ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Shows how much some folk on here have it in for Andy King when Ndidi not tracking still turns out to be King's fault. Always amazes me how some players can be viewed so uncharitably by certain people while other players apparently can do no wrong.

Ndidi hit the ground running and saved the midfield last season. Granted his performances undoubtedly dropped this season, he's still basically running the midfield alone since DD's gone. He started every single game since we bought him as far as I remember. So yeah people tend to be more patient with him than with others who've showed that they're not really up the PL level.

I also was astonished to see him not even try to track back on the third goal, but put it on tiredness rather than "not bothered".

Thought he was much improved in the 2nd half but his effort for the 3rd was totally unacceptable.

At the time I thought the goal was Maguire's fault but Ndidi plays a poor pass to him then walks/jogs back in his attempt to cover.

The sooner we play with a 3 of Ndidi, Iborra and Silva, the better.

He should sit in for Maguire, that's the thing he's done wrong. Yes okay it's shocking how little attempt to get back - though he does look knackered on the reply - but Maguire comes out, they swap. They shouldn't be playing a one two with each other.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Thought he was much improved in the 2nd half but his effort for the 3rd was totally unacceptable.

At the time I thought the goal was Maguire's fault but Ndidi plays a poor pass to him then walks/jogs back in his attempt to cover.

Thankfully I'm not the only one who thought the initial pass to Maguire was poor.

The lad is only 20, cut him some slack. Do you think Wannyama or Gueye were the finished product at the same age five seasons ago ?

It is not his fault if he has to bear the burden of being our go-to holding midfielder paired with a championship-level teammate in a system that always plays into the hands of the opposition.

2 minutes ago, DelBoy73 said:

The lad is only 20, cut him some slack. Do you think Wannyama or Gueye were the finished product at the same age five seasons ago ?

It is not his fault if he has to bear the burden of being our go-to holding midfielder paired with a championship-level teammate in a system that always plays into the hands of the opposition.

I don't think anyone is unprepared to give him time, merely that if he wants to learn and improve as a footballer then he needs to be told what he's doing wrong and what he's doing right.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't think anyone is unprepared to give him time, merely that if he wants to learn and improve as a footballer then he needs to be told what he's doing wrong and what he's doing right.

Well, reading some of the bollocks here, you would think it is his own fault that he ran himself to the ground covering for two and went out of gas in the last quarter of time.

10 minutes ago, DelBoy73 said:

Age is never an excuse for lack of effort, even if he was tired he should still be busting a gut to get back rather than jogging.

Just now, DelBoy73 said:

Well, reading some of the bollocks here, you would think it is his own fault that he ran himself to the ground covering for two and went out of gas in the last quarter of time.

Don't think that's true.

He didn't run back for the 3rd but he definitely did pick it up again. I would imagine Shakespeare has had a word with him about it this morning.

Just now, MattP said:

Age is never an excuse for lack of effort, even if he was tired he should still be busting a gut to get back rather than jogging.

You never have ran your arse in a soccer pitch, have you ?

If you think he could have sustained the same effort for 90' then you have been badly spoilt by Kante's prowess.

Anyone know which website gives a breakdown of distance covered by players?

I want to see if this "covering for two players" is true or bullshit.

I can't believe Ndidi is being partly blamed for Liverpool's third. Maguire fooked up good and proper. Wilf, being probably knackered from all the running he'd done and all the tackles he'd made, probably looked at it and knew he was never gonna get back anyway.

If Arry hadn't strolled forward thinking he was Bobby Moore, that goal would never have happened.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I can't believe Ndidi is being partly blamed for Liverpool's third. Maguire fooked up good and proper. Wilf, being probably knackered from all the running he'd done and all the tackles he'd made, probably looked at it and knew he was never gonna get back anyway.

If Arry hadn't strolled forward thinking he was Bobby Moore, that goal would never have happened.

Stop talking sense, will ya ?

Simpson shouldn't have left Henderson in acres of space for the 3rd

We are lucky to have Ndidi, he is younger than some of our academy players and in a formation that doesn't work, yet he still is one of our better players. His passing is poor, but whose isn't? We are so static, slow and hide from the ball, I honestly have no clue what Shakespeare/Appleton do in the training sessions. 

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

We are lucky to have Ndidi, he is younger than some of our academy players and in a formation that doesn't work, yet he still is one of our better players. His passing is poor, but whose isn't? We are so static, slow and hide from the ball, I honestly have no clue what Shakespeare/Appleton do in the training sessions. 

Appleton pumps iron!

Shakey pumps the self tanning spray! 

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Mahrez at the weekend drew 3 of their players in, and Albrighton and vardy pulled out wide, and offered no reasonable pass, he was crowded out, and had no chance of getting it to either,  and he had to take them on and lost it.

I know it's our tactic to go long, but agree they should see he can't hit it long, and offer an easier pass, I do agree about our passing, to reliant on the hit and hope over the top, just watch most of Albrighton's passes, it annoys me how he just hits it over he's shoulder when his backs to the opposition.

40 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Ndidi

Iborra Silva 

Mahrez Vardy Iheanacho 

The front three flexible in a more fluid, rotating, "total football" three with Vardy pushing in to he channels and the other two drifting in to cover etc. 

I can dream. 

12 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Squawka.com is the site for those who like to use statistics as "proof"

Thanks bit nothing for distances on there. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ndidi

Iborra Silva 

Mahrez Vardy Iheanacho 

The front three flexible in a more fluid, rotating, "total football" three with Vardy pushing in to he channels and the other two drifting in to cover etc. 

I can dream. 

No Shinji? Been one of our best players this season. 

Just now, MattP said:

Thanks bit nothing for distances on there. 

No Shinji? Been one of our best players this season. 

I love Shinji, everyone knows that. If we insist on playing 442 I think he's vital. He's the link between our midfield and attack. 

Every other striker we try it doesn't work. 

But if we change our shape and go for a more inventive 433 then he probably lacks a bit of technical ability. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

but the whole point of midfielders is to track runners something something cambiasso something 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Ndidi

Iborra Silva 

Mahrez Vardy Iheanacho 

I can dream. 

Don't we need more attacking full backs for that though to give some width?

Archived