Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

32 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Maybe look at the goals we've conceded, especially this season before classing Ndidi as a "problem".

Defending crosses or set pieces keeps on being our downfall, isn't that down to the centre of midfield? No of course not. Our full backs and wingers need to close down better, while the likes of Morgan, Maguire and in yesterday's case Chilwell need to command the 18 yard box better. 

Six league games in and we've had to deal with Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. Ndidi, James and King have had to deal with the likes of Pogba, Kante, Bakayoko and Coutinho, for any midfield you're going to have some battle trying to stop them controlling games. Especially for us when we're relying on Ndidi to do the most work, while James and King despite having their uses sometimes, are clearly not Premier League first 11 material. We've battled well in majority of games this season, we've lost by fine margins, unlike last season when we were getting battered by three-four goals.

Yesterday, not tracking back for goal three.

Old Trafford not picking up his man from a corner.

Forgive me if I am not willing to accept the argument that we are meant to lose to Chelsea, Arsenal, United and Liverpool.

11 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

All this , oh he was just jogging back should have made more effort. The lad was probably spent he's just played two games within a week covering most of the midfield by himself as King and Iborra were pretty non existent 

Shakespeare was asked if he was tired. No was the reply.

38 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

All this , oh he was just jogging back should have made more effort. The lad was probably spent he's just played two games within a week covering most of the midfield by himself as King and Iborra were pretty non existent 

Not really an excuse. If after an hour you're so spent you can't manage one 15 second burst then with two subs left, you ask to be taken off. 

The tired excuse is unbelievable, he wasn't trying to get back. 

Look at others players when tired, they sprint and then collapse at times, he just couldn't be arsed and it's about time people stopped making excuses. 

Last week it was King's fault he couldn't pass and now he's jogging because he's tired, can't wait for next week, will it be Kaspers fault if he misses a tackle because he's young....

16 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Not really an excuse. If after an hour you're so spent you can't manage one 15 second burst then with two subs left, you ask to be taken off. 

Not necessarily I'm talking about that moment in time he might not have had the energy to sprint back as he'd just gone up the other end       of the pitch . And who would you bring on to partner King . Chirst Iborras even slower and Amartey just not a midfielder . 

The lad's 20 and we're expecting him to be our main man in the middle of the park. 

Look at other youngsters, everyone gets excited about players with potential who might break into the team- he's already a first choice player and will only improve with time.

Ndidi is the least of our worries at the moment.

I thought he was one of our best yesterday. Sure he makes a couple of mistakes but then again that's not many for a player in our team. Yesterday only Mahrez didn't make a couple of mistakes and that was because he couldn't be bothered to join in the game.

Good player, playing well and improving.

Hopefully a centrepiece for our team for years to come.

In the heat of the game yday I hammered him.

Mind you I hammered most of our players. The management have f@ckedd up BIG time in laying so much pressure on a  young lad like Ndidi. He's young and inexperienced. The management let Drinky go with no immediate replacement.

Like I said somewhere else Ndidi and King in our central midfield will not worry most championship teams,let alone Premier league.

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Not necessarily I'm talking about that moment in time he might not have had the energy to sprint back as he'd just gone up the other end       of the pitch . And who would you bring on to partner King . Chirst Iborras even slower and Amartey just not a midfielder . 

Wrong. If you cannot manage a 15 second sprint (if that), you can't manage to play another half hour. 

Last two sentences are utterly moronic as well - doesn't matter whether he's generally better than the other options, if he's genuinely spent then he's got to go off. For the record I've have bought on Iborra, he'd have added a threat from set pieces as well.

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Wrong. If you cannot manage a 15 second sprint (if that), you can't manage to play another half hour. 

Put it down to inexperience then. He's burst forward and then Liverpool have countered past him. Yes he should drop back much much quicker, but this is the speed of the PL - you don't leg it back then you suffer for it.

Please can people keep in mind he is 20 years old, still hasn't played a full season in the Premier League, and was playing against probably the best attacking side in the league. He'll learn.

22 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Last two sentences are utterly moronic as well - doesn't matter whether he's generally better than the other options, if he's genuinely spent then he's got to go off. For the record I've have bought on Iborra, he'd have added a threat from set pieces as well.

Rubbish , ever heard of getting your breath back . How many times have you seen players sprint  up the pitch then struggle to get back as they are out of breath yet 5 minutes later they can manage a full sprint as they have got their breath  back .

And as for my last sentence being moronic it's not really is it , a tired Ndidi is sill better than the other two options  . Yes Iborra would offer height at set pieces but thats about it and how many set pieces did we get 

2 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

Yesterday, not tracking back for goal three.

Old Trafford not picking up his man from a corner.

Forgive me if I am not willing to accept the argument that we are meant to lose to Chelsea, Arsenal, United and Liverpool.

Others were at fault for the third goal yesterday, not just Ndidi

Man Utd fair enough; however yet again we were outdone by a set piece/cross, hence why I said defending set pieces/crosses is our biggest overall problem so far this season.

And really deep down you know full well we are expected to lose against those four teams.

If you watch the play just before Henderson's goal it puts Ndidi's attitude into context. Okazaki makes a full throttle 40 yard sprint to support an attack despite being absolutely knackered (this was the 67th minute). Compare that to Ndidi's reaction to Maguire losing possession.

I remember posting this after our title win, referring to our incredible team spirit:

What sorts out the good sides is that they get results when it is bloody hard. 

The reason you get those results is that you have a full back who is keen enough and honest enough to not simply be satisfied that he hasn't given any goals away, but to feel responsible for the mistakes others make. In a situation like that the opposition aren't playing eleven players, they are playing against twenty two. Because every one of your players feels responsible for things over and above his own job. So he is doing two people's jobs.

This is not just a cliche. You really have. That's why in a bad side you hear the expression 'I thought they had sixteen players on the field'. They did. And the bad side might have two or three cowards in their side, who don't want to play. So they have only had six players. 

(from Eamon Dunphy - 'Only a Game')

I have no evidence that Ndidi is regularly guilty of that kind of slackness, but still, his reaction to Maguire losing possession is a worrying sign. 

The man has an impossible job. It was 1 vs. 3 for 90 mins. I know King bashing is both popular and controversial on here, but he was as close to being invisible as is possible yesterday. Ndidi just had too much to do. Even Kante would've struggled, and I actually thought Ndidi had a decent game anyway. Stick a PL quality player next to him and he'll be fantastic. 

3 hours ago, baldeagle said:

And as for my last sentence being moronic it's not really is it , a tired Ndidi is sill better than the other two options  . 

A ndidi who is apparently too tired to manage more than a light jog in a critical situation is not a better option than anyone, so yes, it is moronic. I will say it again - any player that knackered he shouldn't be on the pitch. Amazes me that people don't want to hand out even the slightest bit of fair criticism...

For me there should be a very clear distinction between mistakes and lack of effort. A misplaced pass or getting dispossessed is a mistake but it doesn't mean the player isn't working hard or trying to affect the game. What Ndidi did is not the same as a mistake. He gave up and looked like he'd already accepted it would be a goal. For the first time in a long time I was genuinely angry watching a Leicester player. If you wear that shirt you should run until you drop and when you're tired, you've got to summon the strength and willpower to carry on. I absolute reject the idea that he was so knackered he could barely move (if this is true he is not match fit and shouldn't be playing at all). He just had to try, but he showed no bottle or determination whatsoever.

If he had just pushed himself a little more, who knows what could have happened? Nobody is saying Ndidi had to sprint back and get the ball of Henderson or put in a hero's tackle. Henderson was able to think for a bit, check back inside and pick his spot. Perhaps just having a player near him would have pushed him into snatching at the shot or taking an extra second or two. It's absolutely unacceptable to be honest and I can't imagine why anyone would make an excuse for him. 

The lad ran around forward and back like a man possessed trying to play Liverpool's midfield almost on his own. How anybody thinks he had a bad game because his engine ran dry 20 mins from the end is beyond me. 

Archived