Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He should sit in for Maguire, that's the thing he's done wrong. Yes okay it's shocking how little attempt to get back - though he does look knackered on the reply - but Maguire comes out, they swap. They shouldn't be playing a one two with each other.

In the Cup match, when Maguire went forward, Iborra often slotted back quickly.  In our 4-4-2 it will surely be best to play a true holding mid and allow Ndidi to play box-to-box destroyer.  Might offer some of what Shinji gives us, so we can see if Nacho can do we acquired him for, play with Vardy and combine link-up with goal product.

Everybody wanted a Kante replacement and we actually found the next best thing.  He leads the PL in tackles and Ngolo is #2!

Glad to see most here have kept perspective, even though his one big gaffe was a horror show given what was at stake.  His failure to track back seems inexplicable since for 65 minutes, his workrate was insane: coverage combined with physical challenges.

He was surely wasted at that point, but in that situation you do have to give what you have left.  Maybe he doesn’t have the experience to dial it back before he hits the wall, or let the manager know if he has no legs?  I do not think he will repeat that huge mistake.

16 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Ndidi made 11 tackles against Huddersfield and Liverpool. King 2 vs Huddersfield and 0 vs Liverpool.

No wonder he isn't performing to his peak, with that amount of pressure put on him playing a 2 CM formation.

The defensive midfielder did the defending while the attacking midfielder played the sort of pass that won us the penalty? No way?!

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

The defensive midfielder did the defending while the attacking midfielder played the sort of pass that won us the penalty? No way?!

The attacking midfielder doesn't pass forward / drive forward enough.

For a player that has 50+ goals for us, King doesn't half go sideways and backwards a lot.

And this is a problem... It was summed up by the fact that both Maguire and Morgan were bringing the ball out.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

The attacking midfielder doesn't pass forward / drive forward enough.

For a player that has 50+ goals for us, King doesn't half go sideways and backwards a lot.

And this is a problem... It was summed up by the fact that both Maguire and Morgan were bringing the ball out.

King wasn't even a starter for us in the Championship winning side. That's the problem. It makes anyone playing with him in a 2 man cm look bad. Ndidi is class and it will show again as soon as he has a decent partner again. It's no coincidence his supposed drop in form happened as soon as he wasn't playing with Drinkwater. Sounds like I'm always having a go about King but I do really like him and he's been a great servant of the club, he just isn't a premier league starter though. Wish he was but he isn't. 3rd season in the prem and he is starting games. None of this is Ndidis fault it's the fecker that sent a fax late for Silva and let Drinkwater go without having a replacement lined up. Iborra is either unfit or Shakey can't rate him of he thinks King is a better player to start right now. Again it's recruitment that has been at fault. We have never replaced Walsh with anyone competent.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I can't believe Ndidi is being partly blamed for Liverpool's third. 

Do you honesty believe that? I thought he had a good game but he shares the blame for the 3rd

1wgm48.gif

Henderson ran past him and he didn't pick him up

1wgm8x.gif

He didn't even try to cover for himself, he just gave up.

I would kinda understand if it was the 94th minute and we were losing 0-4, but it was a 1 goal game in the 66th-67th minute.

8 hours ago, DelBoy73 said:

The lad is only 20, cut him some slack. Do you think Wannyama or Gueye were the finished product at the same age five seasons ago ?

It is not his fault if he has to bear the burden of being our go-to holding midfielder paired with a championship-level teammate in a system that always plays into the hands of the opposition.

Age and/or lack of experience certainly plays into it.

However, the lad has played over the full 90 minutes in all our league matches so far, and completed 16 out of 17 for us on the back of last season (plus 20 with KRC Genk just before that).

At some point, you'll have to ask yourself: "How much time does a player need to adapt?"

I'd argue that younger players should be the ones quicker to learn new tricks or positioning. Or else he's not smart enough.

Part of the blame has to be put on our manager who plays him in the middle, whereas I see him more as a CDM with his tackling skills. He's no Kanté, but has some of his attributes that should be used accordingly.

Why not play Ndidi in front of our defense or bench him for Iborra for once and put King further up front in a 4-1-2-1-2 until Silva's coming on board?

That'd absolutely suit our counter-attacking style.

A flat 4-4-2 doesn't work with the personnel that we currently have.

4 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Ndidi made 11 tackles against Huddersfield and Liverpool. King 2 vs Huddersfield and 0 vs Liverpool.

No wonder he isn't performing to his peak, with that amount of pressure put on him playing a 2 CM formation.

Well thats rubbish!!! I saw with my own eyes Kingy winning the ball back and putting us on the front foot at least 4 or 5 times against pool and made other challenges throughout the match. I also Didn't see Kingy give the ball away endlessly. 

1 hour ago, foxhateram said:

Well thats rubbish!!! I saw with my own eyes Kingy winning the ball back and putting us on the front foot at least 4 or 5 times against pool and made other challenges throughout the match. I also Didn't see Kingy give the ball away endlessly. 

IMG_4332.PNG

On 24/09/2017 at 18:02, Farrington fox said:

The lad just needs to pass the ball to our players, not our opponents. If he can crack that he’d be half decent. 

Dread to think what your opinion of other players is. Thoughts on King Saturday?!

6 hours ago, RoyFox said:

No way those stats are accurate. King made a couple of slide tackles early on.

Wilf is going to be a class player. He's already completely reinventing himself from centre back to defensive midfielder to box to box. He's suffering from the team performance.

1 hour ago, foxhateram said:

Not saying you're 100% wrong but I'd be amazed if this is true. I watched King for extended periods as I couldn't believe how little impact he was having in the game. He was chasing shadows and 10 yards off all game. The few times he got close to the action he backed out. I thought it was a woeful performance (bar one outstanding pass). Love Kingy but thought he had a stinker. 

19 minutes ago, sdb said:

Not saying you're 100% wrong but I'd be amazed if this is true. I watched King for extended periods as I couldn't believe how little impact he was having in the game. He was chasing shadows and 10 yards off all game. The few times he got close to the action he backed out. I thought it was a woeful performance (bar one outstanding pass). Love Kingy but thought he had a stinker. 

Really? lol

Not going to criticise Kingy too much as he's a Leicester legend and our fifth choice CM, but we were always going to get overrun playing him in a midfield 2 against a good side going forward such as Liverpool.

Ndidi is smashing it in terms of defensive stats, but it's like trying to stop water running out of a colander with his hands a lot of the time with the way we're set up. 

Look we're not at our best on and off the pitch. .... yet ndidi is a bright ray of sunshine.  I cannot believe that we have to have a big thread  wondering about ndidi.

The midfield issue is for shakey to sort.  Ndidi is a big part of our future... he has made a big impact already.  He is not drinky... he is not a striker.  

He is obviously a good player, but he has made a lot of mistakes in the last few league games. He needs a rest or we need a change of formation to give him more support, unfortunately unavailable personnel has put the pressure on him. If we play him against Bournemouth maybe take him off late on with a little knock that will keep him at home during the international break. What did we say Schlupp had that time? When he couldn't fly but could train and play, get him one of them.

Archived