Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

And he then strolled back with the ref overtaking him. Maguire got back from further. No excusing it, ndidi should have been busting a gut to get back, if he couldn't he should have asked to be subbed off. 

I was watching on the half way line and seen exactly what you just said. He literally jogged at best to get back whilst about four Liverpool players sprinted past him.

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Anyone slagging him off tonight can do one.

20 years old and we rely on him too heavily. He is a good talented player but he can only do so much, sometimes he's left to cover the midfield by himself but of course he's no Kante.

Tonight he doesn't deserve abuse, he deserves praise. After getting booked he kept his discipline and played a blinder, knowing how rash he can be at times he actually played a very mature second half. He won interceptions, he won tackles and he won headers, I thought his forward passing was better too. 

I don't see many teams relying on a 20 year old to perform week in week out and run their midfield, he really needs an experienced player alongside him, right now he has too much pressure on his shoulders.

Great post.

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

20 years old and we rely on him too heavily. He is a good talented player but he can only do so much, sometimes he's left to cover the midfield by himself but of course he's no Kante.

Tonight he doesn't deserve abuse, he deserves praise. After getting booked he kept his discipline and played a blinder, knowing how rash he can be at times he actually played a very mature second half. He won interceptions, he won tackles and he won headers, I thought his forward passing was better too. 

I don't see many teams relying on a 20 year old to perform week in week out and run their midfield, he really needs an experienced player alongside him, right now he has too much pressure on his shoulders.

He literally jogged back without a care in the World whilst we conceded a goal that he may have stopped. 

I don't mind him misplacing passes, but when someone can't be arsed to cover it's a big problem and it's everything our success wasn't built on.

All those tackling statistics are great and a compliment to Wilfried.

However, they only show one aspect of his play, one he usually exceeds in. His defense.

Today, it showed again that he has troubles creating chances up front, tends to lose the ball too easily and that he's not of the attacking sort. Combine that with an Andy King who more or less suffers from the same bug, it's playing with two central midfielders who struggle to impose their style on the game, who in general fail to control midfield, to spread passes left, right and forward.

Ndidi has loads of potential and King's a decent player (especially as a super sub and working in a more advanced role), but together in a starting XI, they spell disaster.

Still, that's not their fault entirely. We just don't have better midfielders at the club right now, sauf Iborra. And he still can't make it into the PL squad.

Which means we'll have to put up with more similar displays up until January (or whenever it is that Silva's finally here).

Imagine looking sideways to the senior partner and it's Andy Kingonymous. He's having to cover the centre alone and making mistakes because of that. The manager is causing this by not playing a 2 when we've lost 2 very very good midfielders and haven't replaced them at all 

The lad was exceptional at the start of this year. In this fixture last season he genuinely played like Kante and had moments in other games where he bore the same likeness.

Hasn't been as good this time out. Not sure why. Not as fit maybe? Anyway, I'm prepared to offer him a great amount of patience as I think he's got a lot of potential. In the meantime I do, however, hope we can get Iborra or Silva readied so we can bolster our midfield.

I don't give a fk how old he is, the younger the more hungrier he should be imo. He's lightweight and he does not show the determination to track back when he loses the ball...instead he gives up.

And people say Mahrez has issues defending... L O L

4 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

I don't give a fk how old he is, the younger the more hungrier he should be imo. He's lightweight and he does not show the determination to track back when he loses the ball...instead he gives up.

And people say Mahrez has issues defending... L O L

You have to be kidding me. You say that despite the fact the guy is by far the best defensive midfielder on the pitch?

Anyone who plays with that bag of shit King will struggle. He’s not had the best start to the season but he’s young, has much more to learn and is often left filling the void left by his team mate... we lack maturity and quality in the midfield, something Iborra will bring... but clearly one he’s already been judged on his one real first game....

Our problem is the team, not N’didi, James or Mahrez... the team, there no movement,  no one wants the ball and we have no ideas other than loft it for Vardy and hope for the best. No one player can be blamed, we’re not functioning as a unit, which means when someone does have a stinker it stands out...

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

You have to be kidding me. You say that despite the fact the guy is by far the best defensive midfielder on the pitch?

Yep. I'd rather have had Mahrez in CM today he was that shit. Don't rate him at all. Weak and effortless 

59 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

love this "he is young lad,dont go hard on him"

i dont care what is his age,he is premier league (ex)champions CM and he is shite

this is all that maters

Only thing that is shite is your ignorance. I'll go hard on him when I think it's necessary, right now all this abuse is undeserved. If you can't see that we're relying on him too heavily, then book yourself an eye test. The lad has been at the club nearly 8 months, and we've thrown him in to be our main midfielder. There's far too much pressure on his shoulders to perform, it's not fair on the lad.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

He literally jogged back without a care in the World whilst we conceded a goal that he may have stopped. 

I don't mind him misplacing passes, but when someone can't be arsed to cover it's a big problem and it's everything our success wasn't built on.

It's unacceptable defending but you can't expect him to track about four runners. Maguire unsurprisingly made the most effort because he was at fault, and yes Ndidi should of done better, but it was very poor defending from various players, not just him.

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

Spot on. The slagging off comments are embarrassing and to call the guy lazy is laughable. He was having to do the job of 2 players for the majority of the game and for a 20yr old with limited experience it's too much. 

Like you said kingfox, it's so obvious he needs an experienced player next to him to take the pressure off and help him out. Why Iborra wasn't on the pitch today instead of Kingy is totally baffling! 

After everything he's done for us I don't want to disrespect Kingy by slagging him off but he struggled to get into the team 4yrs ago when we got promoted so he's clearly not at the level that's needed in a Premier league central midfield today especially if your playing a 2. 

Granted he should've made more of an attempt to get back in for the 3rd but seriously people need to get a grip. 

I hate saying it but if people think Ndidi is poor and should be dropped then you 100% don't understand football. He's by a million miles our most important central midfielder. 

Look who he's playing with and the teams he's played against. 3rd most tackles in the league so far, good in both boxes and don't forget the strikes he has scored with for us in his first 9 months at the club. 

I don't have anyone on this forum on ignore 

having read some posts on here this morning, clearly some of you know so little about the game that your views aren't worth reading. Feel free to reciprocate 

wilf has missed 15 minutes this season in a midfield two. he will be burnt out by Xmas. There should be laws against treating him like we are. the club should be apologising to him, rather than people berating him. 

50 minutes ago, hornyhollthefox123 said:

Granted he should've made more of an attempt to get back in for the 3rd but seriously people need to get a grip. 

I hate saying it but if people think Ndidi is poor and should be dropped then you 100% don't understand football. He's by a million miles our most important central midfielder. 

Look who he's playing with and the teams he's played against. 3rd most tackles in the league so far, good in both boxes and don't forget the strikes he has scored with for us in his first 9 months at the club. 

We've won 3 of our last 14 league games.

5 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

He's certainly part of the problem 

Maybe look at the goals we've conceded, especially this season before classing Ndidi as a "problem".

Defending crosses or set pieces keeps on being our downfall, isn't that down to the centre of midfield? No of course not. Our full backs and wingers need to close down better, while the likes of Morgan, Maguire and in yesterday's case Chilwell need to command the 18 yard box better. 

Six league games in and we've had to deal with Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. Ndidi, James and King have had to deal with the likes of Pogba, Kante, Bakayoko and Coutinho, for any midfield you're going to have some battle trying to stop them controlling games. Especially for us when we're relying on Ndidi to do the most work, while James and King despite having their uses sometimes, are clearly not Premier League first 11 material. We've battled well in majority of games this season, we've lost by fine margins, unlike last season when we were getting battered by three-four goals.

Archived