Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

Funny how the opinion has changed so drastically. Classic kneejerk to a couple of poor games.

Looks like a player with no confidence without a solid midfield partner. We have 0 game plan either and Shakepeare loves to set us up to get dominated, so I don't expect him to get better until Silva comes in and we play like we did vs Arsenal. 

21 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

He really isn't one of the best in the world at his age.... he's okay and that's about it. He's a slightly better version of Amartey, who looks a bit busier. Only three years older Bakayogo is, blokes an animal.

but 3 years ago didn't Bakayogo just break into the Rennes 1st team? 3 years is a long time in terms of development at that age so have to disagree with your totally in my opinion :)

29 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

He really isn't one of the best in the world at his age.... he's okay and that's about it. He's a slightly better version of Amartey, who looks a bit busier. Only three years older Bakayogo is, blokes an animal.

Slightly better version of Amartey. You are really funny.

Also Bakayoko wasn't even playing first team football at Wilf's age. It's easy to say a player is average when the team is disjointed and he isn't placed in the right midfield pairing. Someone doesn't go from being good to bad in a few months like that.

Drinkwater was a leader.. he helped Ndidi a lot that way. The other midfielders don't seem as vocal as DD on the pitch. Might have something to do with it? Also James and King are a big step down from DD so that's going to effect the whole team. Hope Iborra get's fit soon and the thought of Adrien Silva and Ndidi is very exciting. I think they will work well together.

On 9/17/2017 at 12:50, MattP said:

Are we supposed to say they are playing brilliant then even when they are crap just because they are young?

The statistic Hackneyfox posted is unreal, Ndidi has a pass completion ratio of around 65% - that's so so bad, if King had that fans would be criticising rather than defending him.

What, where, when?

I didn't post any stats.

10 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Is it too outrageous to suggest at this stage in his career that he is only slightly better than Amartey? 

It's just plain daft, in terms of positive impact there is no comparison what so ever. He has his pants down in terms of tackles and interceptions, scores more, assists more and doesn't lose his man or a runner umpteen times a game.

"Slightly better Amartey"... good god.

Some seem to forget that he pretty much saved our midfield last year and without him I'm not sure we'd play against the likes of Chelsea, ManU or Arsenal.

He's quality but also can have an off game like any other player. Even more so when we see with whom he's been associated and against whom he played in a midfield two. 

Guest TheBear

Do people not realise that when a player is trying to be in 2 places at once (doing the job of 2 midfielders) they often look worse and headless because they are trying to do too much, only reason he looked bad on Saturday is because Andy King shouldn't be seen in a 2 man Premier League Midfield, he was barely visible when we got promoted from the Championship, that is his level, and I don't think he would stand out at that level anymore.

Ndidi is a real talent, Vieira-esque in my opinion and like alot of Defensive midfield destroyers will peak in his mid-twenties!  Scapegoating him when he is playing in a 2 man midfield against 3 of the best teams in country who all had an extra man in that area and then being partnered with Andy King, you are going to look out of your depth aren't you...

From what I've seen of him (I haven't seen anything from the last 2 games), he clearly has talent, and I guess we're stifling that talent by who and how many we are putting around him as midfield team mates. I'm prepared to see him given a lot more time to watch him develop into a top notch player. My son takes 2 newspapers and I " borrow" the sports section from both, the Sun gave Ndidi 7 points, the Star gave 4 (great choices of rags  lol), so I guess the "experts" are also undecided on him.

Conclusion from reading though this is some think he's shite, but most have come to the right conclusion that he's a good young player, and is in desperate need of a decent partner in the middle.

He's not at a level yet where he can carry the likes of king, and James 

Midfield is obviously an area for concern so hence why we seem to be working our way through each one to scapegoat....

Ndidi is only 20, was excellent last season and before Saturday had the join best interception rate in the league after 4 games. On the ball he needs to improve and will but for some people to say he's not good enough or only slightly better than Amartey, come on!!!

46 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I don't think he's a bad player but blaming his inability to make simple passes on his partner is ridiculous. Just because he's young doesn't mean he can't be criticised.

Spot on.

The excuses are unbelievable, how is it is King or James fault when he gives the ball away is beyond me lol

Archived