Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

A ndidi who is apparently too tired to manage more than a light jog in a critical situation is not a better option than anyone, so yes, it is moronic. I will say it again - any player that knackered he shouldn't be on the pitch. Amazed Amazes me that people don't want to hand out even the slightest bit of fair criticism...

So because you don't agree with what I say it's moronic. Pot and kettle springs to mind . And I didn't say better option than anyone I said the better option than the other two . Would Iborra had got back , I doubt it . 

The lad is currently our best fit midfielder and with 20 minutes to go he didn't get back . Half the bloody team didn't get back. 

18 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

So because you don't agree with what I say it's moronic. Pot and kettle springs to mind . And I didn't say better option than anyone I said the better option than the other two . Would Iborra had got back , I doubt it . 

The lad is currently our best fit midfielder and with 20 minutes to go he didn't get back . Half the bloody team didn't get back. 

Cart before the horse. I don't agree with what you say because it is moronic. It's not a hard concept to understand, if a player is that tired then they had to come off. Doesn't make one jot of difference if the options on the bench are better players or not, a player who can't manage more than a half-jog in a critical situation due to fitness has no business being on the pitch.

4 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Put it down to inexperience then. He's burst forward and then Liverpool have countered past him. Yes he should drop back much much quicker, but this is the speed of the PL - you don't leg it back then you suffer for it.

Please can people keep in mind he is 20 years old, still hasn't played a full season in the Premier League, and was playing against probably the best attacking side in the league. He'll learn.

Best attacking side in the league? 

People really do do role out the excuses as they see fit.

Liverpool at home off form minus Mane....

Man city

Man u

Chelsea 

spurs 

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Cart before the horse. I don't agree with what you say because it is moronic. It's not a hard concept to understand, if a player is that tired then they had to come off. Doesn't make one jot of difference if the options on the bench are better players or not, a player who can't manage more than a half-jog in a critical situation due to fitness has no business being on the pitch.

So the entire 3rd goal is down to Ndidi jogging back not sprinting . Not one single other player was at fault or didn't get back 

Just now, baldeagle said:

So the entire 3rd goal is down to Ndidi jogging back not sprinting . Not one single other player was at fault or didn't get back 

Once the ball is lost the midfield should be filling in for Maguire. Maguire gets back, Ndidi barely breaks into a jog. If you want to share the blame round it can also be Kings fault, but it doesn't pass aside the fact that MarshallForEngland is spot on, that the third goal showed terrible attitude from Ndidi.

6 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Tbf once Maguire - or any centre back - comes out for the ball N'Didi should sit in. I cannot believe how tired he looked - his last game was four days ago and he's a 20 year old.

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf once Maguire - or any centre back - comes out for the ball N'Didi should sit in. I cannot believe how tired he looked - his last game was four days ago and he's a 20 year old.

I think anyone would be tired playing two games fairly close together where your basically playing in midfield by yourself . 

24 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Once the ball is lost the midfield should be filling in for Maguire. Maguire gets back, Ndidi barely breaks into a jog. If you want to share the blame round it can also be Kings fault, but it doesn't pass aside the fact that MarshallForEngland is spot on, that the third goal showed terrible attitude from Ndidi.

i don't think it was his attitude he's just clearly out on his feat . And ok in your eyes then if he's that tired then he should have been subbed then  That's up to Shakespeare to make that decision not the player . 

Wilfried is a promising player, young enough to become a solid midfielder within the next five years. The partnership with king disservices him though, as i don't think he has yet the footballing IQ to be played in a midfield two and cover for King's defficienties.

He should be played with two other experimented quality players; comes the day we could play Nddidy-Ibora and SIlva all together, we would have a terrific midfield.

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I think you need to go and support another team mate tbh

14 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I think you need to go and support another team mate tbh

lol Criticising a player for giving up and accepting conceding when we lose possession on the edge of their box means I should support another team. Stick to the politics thread chap, at least nonsense can be passed off as subjective there.

simple question, do you think a player strolling back as the ref flies past with our defence outnumbered is acceptable? If that had gone down the wing with Simpson overlapping and riyad had just strolled back, this place would be slaughtering him right now.

With silva caught up in this nonsense and Iborra having hardly played he may be our best midfielder, but that does not and should not mean no criticism, no matter how fair, gets put on him. CM is still him+one other, but he was poor for he third goal, just accept that.

38 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

lol Criticising a player for giving up and accepting conceding when we lose possession on the edge of their box means I should support another team. Stick to the politics thread chap, at least nonsense can be passed off as subjective there.

simple question, do you think a player strolling back as the ref flies past with our defence outnumbered is acceptable? If that had gone down the wing with Simpson overlapping and riyad had just strolled back, this place would be slaughtering him right now.

With silva caught up in this nonsense and Iborra having hardly played he may be our best midfielder, but that does not and should not mean no criticism, no matter how fair, gets put on him. CM is still him+one other, but he was poor for he third goal, just accept that.

I couldn't care less if he picked the ball up and threw it into his own net. He's 20 year old lad who was tireless but you've decided to criticise him as if he's an embarrassment to the shirt. The fault for the goal lies with maguire, noone else. It's embarrassing how hard people criticise our players for every mistake they make. Try supporting.

5 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I couldn't care less if he picked the ball up and threw it into his own net. He's 20 year old lad who was tireless but you've decided to criticise him as if he's an embarrassment to the shirt. The fault for the goal lies with maguire, noone else. It's embarrassing how hard people criticise our players for every mistake they make. Try supporting.

lol Behave. I've done nothing of the sort. I've simply said he was poor for the third goal and should have been tracking back, then explained that "he was tired" is a poor defence. Maguire lost the ball deep in their half, it's not gone from there - it's gone from the moment no-one fills in and leaves them 3 v 2 and pouring more forward as the midfield ambles back.

Difference between supporting the team and covering your eyes, putting fingers in your ears and denying any problem in front of you. Supporting the team doesn't preclude any criticism of poor play. Do I support the team? stupid question, of course. Does that mean I shouldn't point out a poor showing? Stupid question, of course not.

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Best attacking side in the league? 

People really do do role out the excuses as they see fit.

Liverpool at home off form minus Mane....

Man city

Man u

Chelsea 

spurs 

Hmm? Who's rolling out excuses? I genuinely see them as probably the best attacking side in the league. Even without Mané I still think they're strong. Man City I would agree with, sure, but the other three don't have as much swagger going forward, IMHO.

Whatever the opinion, it's not an excuse, I was just making an observation - my point was that people need a bit of perspective when judging Wilf.

My goodness!  You lot are seriously giving King a discredit here. The guy made some fantastic challengesbto get us back on the front foot and nearly scored twice, what of note did Wilf do? 

If I had the game and had time I 100 percent garuntee I could make a highlights real of Andy's game and it would look a lot better than Wilfred's.

Now I'm not slating Wilf here, he is young and has a lot of potential, but he isn't ready yet. He is still adjusting to the Premier League and at the minute still isn't up to pace. His passing is really poor but his ability to win the ball back is usually good. But we can't afford to keep giving away possession.

Lots of work to do with our midfield in training, but give credit when it's due, Kingy had a good game. 

11 hours ago, The Doctor said:

simple question, do you think a player strolling back as the ref flies past with our defence outnumbered is acceptable? If that had gone down the wing with Simpson overlapping and riyad had just strolled back, this place would be slaughtering him right now.

He was just going to celebrate with Henderson!!

Archived