Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby (home) FA Cup Replay Pre-Match Thread

I'd give Amartey a run in CB alsongside Benny or Wague 

Tell Wes/Huth their places in the starting 11 aren't guaranteed , hopefully light the fire up their arses that they need 

Really would be intresting to see Ulloa/Slim partnership (if fit) 

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Maybe not embarrassing but his record was not great. He missed 25% of his penalty attempts which is really quite poor when you consider he took 16.

I don't think that's too bad.

Penalty success depends a lot on whether home or away, the type of situation and level of competition. I read somewhere that penalty success in world cups is only 71%! 

So taking 16 in total means missing only 4 and scoring 12. That sounds fairly good to me.

2 minutes ago, zealot said:

I don't think that's too bad.

Penalty success depends a lot on whether home or away, the type of situation and level of competition. I read somewhere that penalty success in world cups is only 71%! 

So taking 16 in total means missing only 4 and scoring 12. That sounds fairly good to me.

I would argue a top level pro who is responsible for taking penalties should be able to hit the spot pretty much every single time.

Gary Parker

51 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

I can't wait for the whole team to be changed tonight, smash the rams 4-0, Excellent football, Benny and Amartey are solid partnership, same with Ndidi and Mandy in the middle with musa scoring a hattrick playing upfront with Chilwell and Gray causing mayhem on the wings, we finally look good again, only for them all to be dropped for Huth, Morgan, Fuchs, Drinkwater, King, Mahrez and Vardy in our 3-0 shocking defeat at Swansea on Sunday.

What are you Smoking Buddy?? May be put one roll-up on each seat in the KP tonight.. That should get the crowd behind the team.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They don't care remember. 

That's obviously the excuse they will give for not selling out despite facing PL opposition 30 miles down the road. "Yer but itz your cup final, we dunt care about yous."

You can guarantee their fans will be taking the piss next time we lose in the league. Same as Forest fans really, the 'we don't care' line strangely seems to emerge when we're better than them and they don't have anything to take the piss about.

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

That's obviously the excuse they will give for not selling out despite facing PL opposition 30 miles down the road. "Yer but itz your cup final, we dunt care about yous."

You can guarantee their fans will be taking the piss next time we lose in the league. Same as Forest fans really, the 'we don't care' line strangely seems to emerge when we're better than them and they don't have anything to take the piss about.

Every time they say they don't care as a reason for not turning up (Forest as well) just highlights how they also don't care about their own team enough.

I don't give a shit about many teams, I go to watch the Foxes.

Derby just seem so tin pot to me and they always have done.

11 minutes ago, smr said:

SSN saying Morgan is being rested tonight!

I would guess we will see Amartey or Benny. If it is Amartey over Benny, then we will never see Benny play for Leicester again! lol

Shame we can't give Huth a night off too, as he looked bolloxed during/after Man U game. I think as bad as they have been though, changing both CB's might do more harm than good. 

Amartey and Huth is my prediction but would like to see Benny if possible. I can't believe he is so bad, that he doesn't deserve to ever play again for us! 

Kasper

Simpson  Amartey Huth Chillwell

Mendy

N'Didi                 Drinkwater

Mahrez        Musa         Gray

A lot is being made in the media of us playing a 'weakened' team tonight and leaving out 'key' players for the Swansea game Sunday.

I hope the players coming in want to fight and give it everything to earn a place in the league starting 11.

I am very glad Vichai is coming to watch today as that may give the players more motivation to perform. If the headmaster was watching me at primary school then I'd certainly not want to make a fool of myself :P

Not sure if the Birch will be back tonight but some rousing words from him would be nice too, and it would be nice to see him back and recovered. 

The thing is we aren't purposely playing a weakened team. We're playing the strongest team we can think of imo, dropping Morgan had to be done because he was weak and has been weak for a while now.

Whatever team goes out tonight will be the strongest we can possibly put together based on current form/necessity out of player's current form.

I honestly think it is worth the risk of sticking both Amartey and Benny in at CB.

It may be the last chance we get to test them at CB, without the huge pressure of a Premier League game.

Amartey has been playing there for the last month in the AFCON, and Benny is fit and in his handful of appearances for us, has looked decent enough.

Morgan and Huth have been woeful for 6 months and shown no signs of improving and if anything, gotten slower and worse. Sticking with them, could be a huge reason for us going down. 

I'm not saying Benny and Amartey are suddenly going to replace them for our final 14 Premier League games, but we might need one or both at somepoint and I would feel a lot more comfortable and so would they, if they have played a game or two at CB for us. 

There is also an off chance that they may actually be really good! 

29 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Every time they say they don't care as a reason for not turning up (Forest as well) just highlights how they also don't care about their own team enough.

I don't give a shit about many teams, I go to watch the Foxes.

Derby just seem so tin pot to me and they always have done.

To be fair, it's difficult for them to not seem tinpot when they've spent the vast majority of the last 2 decades either playing in the second tier or being the worst team in top flight history. A whole generation will have grown up seeing them as pretty tinpot, and that's before anyone mentions the Brian Clough Trophy. 

I live is south Leics so it's very rare I encounter any of their fans, and I must admit I'd find it difficult to have any sort of hatred towards them. I like to browse Twitter before these sort of games to see what the feeling is though- the general consensus is that they're taking great pleasure in our struggles this year, we're tinpot, but they don't care anyway. Textbook.

9 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

To be fair, it's difficult for them to not seem tinpot when they've spent the vast majority of the last 2 decades either playing in the second tier or being the worst team in top flight history. A whole generation will have grown up seeing them as pretty tinpot, and that's before anyone mentions the Brian Clough Trophy. 

I live is south Leics so it's very rare I encounter any of their fans, and I must admit I'd find it difficult to have any sort of hatred towards them. I like to browse Twitter before these sort of games to see what the feeling is though- the general consensus is that they're taking great pleasure in our struggles this year, we're tinpot, but they don't care anyway. Textbook.

I work in Derby and their fans are not bothered about anything/anyone with the exception of Forest. They're season revolves around 2 games - Forest home and away. If that's not the definition of tinpot then I don't know what is.

Still, the whole we don't care thing surely isn't a reason to sell out for an FA Cup replay, cheaply priced that's less than an hour away.

So in light of no Slimani/Ulloa/Wes and resting of some other players.. as well as Claudio in an interview saying no more changes, we stick with 4-4-2..

I would like to see this:

----------------------Kasper-----------------

Simpson----Amartey---Benny----Chilwell

Mahrez-----Mendy------N'didi-------Gray

-----------------Okazaki---Vardy-----------

I think Huth, Drinkwater and Wes are in desperate need of a rest/reality check!

I know it is a risk chucking in Amartery AND Benny, but frankly, the way Wes and Huth played recently, I honestly think it wouldn't be a risk at all and maybe even an improvement!

I don't see the point of playing Albrighton or Drinkwater unless we have Slimani or Ulloa, as both seem incapable of keeping the ball on the floor recently. 

I don't think Claudio will go with this and I think Musa, Albrighton, King, Huth and Drinkwater will all start. 

Hoping that after the awful performance against Man U, the Kasper interview and the vote of confidence, coupled with a break from the stresses of the League, we will see a big improvement tonight. 

2-0 Leicester. 

I'm hoping Ranieri "rests" players and gives some of the "fringe" players a chance, but please Claudio do not start Andy King. I just don't know what he offers to the team other than a backwards pass.

Great when you're trying to see out a game, but pointless when you're trying to break a team down.

1 minute ago, Simo86 said:

I'm hoping Ranieri "rests" players and gives some of the "fringe" players a chance, but please Claudio do not start Andy King. I just don't know what he offers to the team other than a backwards pass.

Great when you're trying to see out a game, but pointless when you're trying to break a team down.

He will start him over Mendy I'm sure. Think Claudio has Mendy already signed up to be another Benny, Hernandez, Kaputska..  i.e play few times and then stick on the bin heap with no explanation. 

Will be King/Drinkwater in the middle with N'didi dropped lol

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

He will start him over Mendy I'm sure. Think Claudio has Mendy already signed up to be another Benny, Hernandez, Kaputska..  i.e play few times and then stick on the bin heap with no explanation. 

Will be King/Drinkwater in the middle with N'didi dropped lol

I'll be swearing a lot tonight then lol 

Archived