Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby (home) FA Cup Replay Pre-Match Thread

35 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

If Slim is back, I might be tempted for...wait for it...prepares for incoming...Albrighton over Gray, just for his crossing ability (although Demarai can do it well, when he looks up).

albrighton is better than gray anyway

5 hours ago, foxes21 said:

albrighton is better than gray anyway

Very different players. It's all a bit horses for courses.

If we are looking to attack, then Gray every time. If we are looking to protect a lead (hahahahahaha!!!) then Albrighton. 

Gray will unlock defences and provide opportunities, Albrighton will track back, but his crosses are ineffective at the moment (especially with Slim injured and Ulloa in a mardy).

I am not sure if some of these players are available, but I'd like to see some of the more established players rested (benched).

Schmeichel

Amartey - Wague - Huth - Chilwell

Kapustka - Ndidi - Mendy - Gray

Slimani - Musa

3 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I am not sure if some of these players are available, but I'd like to see some of the more established players rested (benched).

Schmeichel

Amartey - Wague - Huth - Chilwell

Kapustka - Ndidi - Mendy - Gray

Slimani - Musa

Swap Amartey and Wague - Amartey is not RB, and was picked as a CB of the tournament for AFCON.

Albrighton or Mahrez for Kapi

I'd really play Vardy, he needs a goal and I have a feeling he will get it tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

Swap Amartey and Wague - Amartey is not RB, and was picked as a CB of the tournament for AFCON.

Albrighton or Mahrez for Kapi

I'd really play Vardy, he needs a goal and I have a feeling he will get it tomorrow. 

Is Wague a RB? Or a CB that can also play RB? Anyway, I am happy with either, as long as we bench the others a bit.

I think we can bring on Marhez for Kapi (or the other way round), but he has to be hungry for a start and to get his name on the team sheet, which is more than some of the other players.

Meh, I am indifferent to Vardy. He isn't working hard enough to deserve a start. I read his book over Christmas, and he seems to be a player that needs an arm around his shoulder, but come on, you're being paid a fortune get it together, or get out.

Final preference for tonight, however I know we will probably set up more defensively. 

Schmeichel

Amartey Benaloune Huth Chilwell

Mahrez Ndidi Mendy Kapustka

Gray

Musa

May as well change it up. Okazaki & Vardy is awful to watch, Morgan & Huth is awful to watch, Simpson & Fuchs is awful to watch, etc. 

Amartey needs to play CB or CM but who do we play at RB if we want to rest or drop Simpson? This Alex Pascanu from the academy has trained with our first team a lot this season but not sure if he's naturally a right back or has been moved there from the left this season. He's highly rated here and back in Romania at youth level.

Guest bennytwohats

Weakened team could be good in the sense it is time to try some alternatives to the usual lot like Drinky, Huth, Morgan etc. But tonight is a great chance to try something and start to build, so I hope they are treating it as such rather than a distraction.

An emphatic win tonight to build confidence for the weekend could be massive.

Would like to see us try Amartey at CB, and a midfield two of Mendy and Ndidi

Archived