Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby (home) FA Cup Replay Pre-Match Thread

After the statement from owners yesterday I think claudio has abit of a free hit tonight. If he changes the team and loses he can say he had to focus on Sunday. If he changes the team and we win he suddenly has some players with a little bit of form to pick.

Im strangely confident we will win tonight,

2-0

1 minute ago, Vocey said:

After the statement from owners yesterday I think claudio has abit of a free hit tonight. If he changes the team and loses he can say he had to focus on Sunday. If he changes the team and we win he suddenly has some players with a little bit of form to pick.

Im strangely confident we will win tonight,

2-0

Let's see if the statement from the owners makes a scrap of difference on the pitch tonight.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I do hope you're right and all this talk about playing the kids don't make us look even worse. If that's possible...?

I hope so too. I'd rather us play kids and fringe players that are hungry to make an impression than the usual lot that are under-performing and always getting picked.

It has potential to backfire, but who knows. 

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Very different players. It's all a bit horses for courses.

If we are looking to attack, then Gray every time. If we are looking to protect a lead (hahahahahaha!!!) then Albrighton. 

Gray will unlock defences and provide opportunities, Albrighton will track back, but his crosses are ineffective at the moment (especially with Slim injured and Ulloa in a mardy).

Yeah i agree. :luckily we cant can train Gray to help out the defense and track back better BUT we cant train Albrighton to be a better attacker .

So, a weakened side...

Schmeichel

Simpson 

Amartey

Benalouane

Chilwell

Albrighton

Mendy

King

Gray

Ulloa (is he fit yet?)

Musa

Something along those lines? Probably be more confident with that than the usual 11 to be honest, might actually show a bit of desire to win.

I see the BBC are proving to be about as competent as us with their preview.

Leicester's only win so far in 2017 came in the last round of the FA Cup against West Brom (D2, L4).
Their only goals of 2017 have also been in the Cup, scoring twice against both the Baggies and Derby

11 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Leicester's only win so far in 2017 came in the last round of the FA Cup against West Brom (D2, L4).
Their only goals of 2017 have also been in the Cup, scoring twice against both the Baggies and Derby

Wow!

15 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Don't you remember Tom Ince scoring that free kick for us at the Hawthorns? lol 

I know Benalouane has been a sub recently but I can't see how he can be considered for this game, when was his last game for u23s? Has he refused to play for them like Ulloa? If so, forget playing tonight. Our lack of centre back options is unforgivable really.

Financial consequences of the drop ....    Huge game against Swansea coming up ...   No confidence in the manager ...   blah blah blah,  yeah yeah yeah !!!       Understand all that, but for me ...   we gotta beat those Shaggers !!!     This is what football is all about ...   a bit of excitement, a bit of rivalry, and a bit of glory !  (Tasted some last season and I love it !).   Will be mightily fvcked off if we lose ...    especially to those b@stards !!    :scarf:

(P.S.  You don't need to point out I'm wrong ...    I know most will probably disagree with me).

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Uh?

I think I get what you're trying to say.

lol broken english sorry. basically albrighton will never be able to really attack better than he does. But gray can be taught to track back and help his defense/fullback out better,

24 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

What about Ulloa and musa up front something different. 

Yeah why not. We definitely need someone to lead the line and get the ball to stick as there's nothing at the minute. Teams drop so deep on us and with very little of the ball we aren't causing any problems in the opposition half.

I'd love to see this game used as a trial run for Amartey in the centre of defence.

Either Amartey-Morgan or Amartey-Huth. You can't change too much all at once.

Probably Amartey-Huth would be best to give big Wes a rest. 

Our title win last year was built on clearance headers and blocks from Morgan and Huth and they've been dreadful from crosses this season so that's hardly going to be weakened. The problem is that they keep getting beaten for pace and maneuverability time and time again. That's where Amartey should be able to help.

Especially, if they have Mendy and Ndidi sitting in front of them.

11 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

If Kapi, Mahrez and Gray play I think Kapi would play left mid.

Really not a fan of Albrighton at RB.  Can't defend well enough except as a winger helping out his full back. Jeff Schlupp anyone?  Is this more an anyone but Simpson?

Agree with the rest though - prefer Huth to Morgan to pair with Big Dan

I'd rest Simpson for Swansea. Derby will rest player and I assume we will have a lot of the ball. Albrighton may be more comfortable getting forward.

Archived