Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby (home) FA Cup Replay Pre-Match Thread

Play the team that should play against Swansea to build momentum and drop some big names to shake it up.

Kasper

wague.   Benny.  Amartey.   Chilwell

kaputska.mendy. Ndidi.  Gray

Vardy.    Slimani

The atmosphere in the team is not as bad as people are making in it out to be

Slimani is training with the group and seemed to pick up some English.. The "not good. Not good" to mahrez (i think) after he give up and The " ayyh, are you playing with me or are you playing with " to okazaki :crylaugh:

Resting Wes is the best decision, of course his replacement might have a mare, but it has to be  a sensible choice. I wouldn't change the entire defence, as it is too unsettling, so I think I would go

Kasper

Simpson Huth Benoulouane  Chilwell

Mahrez Mendy N'Didi Kaputska

Gray

Musa

if we don't have a look at Benny tomorrow we never will. Mendy to sit in front of the back 4, giving Wilf a little more freedom to break  forward. Gray in the number 10 role with licence to drive forward towards the penalty box and shoot on sight. I'm picking Kaputska for the same reason as Benny, lets have a look at him and see what he can do. I'm just hoping that team would have the ability to carry the ball forward with pace rather than playing it backwards

19 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Resting Wes is the best decision, of course his replacement might have a mare, but it has to be  a sensible choice. I wouldn't change the entire defence, as it is too unsettling, so I think I would go

Kasper

Simpson Huth Benoulouane  Chilwell

Mahrez Mendy N'Didi Kaputska

Gray

Musa

if we don't have a look at Benny tomorrow we never will. Mendy to sit in front of the back 4, giving Wilf a little more freedom to break  forward. Gray in the number 10 role with licence to drive forward towards the penalty box and shoot on sight. I'm picking Kaputska for the same reason as Benny, lets have a look at him and see what he can do. I'm just hoping that team would have the ability to carry the ball forward with pace rather than playing it backwards

I agree, unless a forced change.

I understand people's fears of not wanting to throw this match, but the few times Benny has played at CB, he has looked OK.

We may also need him in the final 14 games, and so he has to be match ready. I really hope we see him tomorrow and I think we will.

Claudio already said in his interview that the Premier League is the main focus ahead of this game, which suggests we will see some changes,

Chilwell and Benny to come into the back 4 I reckon. Would like to see Amartey tried there too, but doubt Claudio will make that many changes.

Kasper

Simpson Huth Benalouane Chilwell

Ndidi Drinkwater Amartey

Mahrez Musa Vardy

Only 1 out and out striker but attack attack attack. This is the system and personnel I want us to use Slimani in to be honest but heard he's out for this one.

32 minutes ago, the fox said:

The atmosphere in the team is not as bad as people are making in it out to be

Slimani is training with the group and seemed to pick up some English.. The "not good. Not good" to mahrez (i think) after he give up and The " ayyh, are you playing with me or are you playing with " to okazaki :crylaugh:

I'd always be in good spirits if I was getting 100k p/w and played football with my mates for a living! lol

I noticed Vardy joking and lauging before the Man U game too. Maybe we need to see a little less smiles and laughing and a little more anger and fight.

Kasper definitely isn't taking our situation lightly and I hope the rest of the team aren't too. 14 games to go and we have to see a huge improvement from everyone. 

10 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Ticket office are usually handy for that kinda thing

Tickets are on general sale and plenty left. Probably even get a game if you bring some shin pads.

My apologies. I made the assumption that the game was sold out. My undying appreciation for your help.

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Kasper

Simpson Huth Benalouane Chilwell

Ndidi Drinkwater Amartey

Mahrez Musa Vardy

Only 1 out and out striker but attack attack attack. This is the system and personnel I want us to use Slimani in to be honest but heard he's out for this one.

Personally I don't like Musa and Vardy together, sooner see Gray and Musa for this one.

I'm surprised very few want King to start. Derby are a Championship team and we're at home. We should have ball players out there. Musa has the technique of a pub player and Ulloa won't start.  

Ndidi - Mendy - King 

Mahrez - Vardy - Gray 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just in case anyone else is tempted to put molla in their line up -

HE CANT PLAY!!!  HE ISNT ELIGIBLE !

and Ulloa, Slimani aren't ready yet, and Claudio says Wes will be rested among some others. 

I think we will see something like this:

-----------------Kasper

Amartey--Benny--Huth--Chilwell

Albrighton--Mendy--N'didi--Gray

--------------Vardy--Okazaki--------

I wouldn't change the team at all from the weekend, although possibly switch Fuchs out for Chilwell.

The current team needs a win, doesn't matter who it comes from, we just need a win with the current team.  Changing the side and getting the win does not help the first choice 11.

Play a full strength side, get some confidence back, bang in a few goals and get us rolling again.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Personally I don't like Musa and Vardy together, sooner see Gray and Musa for this one.

Just realised I'd put Vardy in for this, meant to put Gray! I totally agree haha it was supposed to be a front 3 of Mahrez Musa Gray

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You'd pick him because up against bang average Championship defenders, he can cause huge problems.

Derby will park the bus = No space for Vardy/ Musa to exploit.

No Slimani, no Ulloa = No airpower

Therefore we need players up front, who can dribble

around one or two opponents and create something

out of thin air: Mahrez, Gray and Kapustka.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

17 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Derby will park the bus = No space for Vardy/ Musa to exploit.

No Slimani, no Ulloa = No airpower

Therefore we need players up front, who can dribble

around one or two opponents and create something

out of thin air: Mahrez, Gray and Kapustka.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Agree with this!

Mahrez had huge impact when he came on last time.

Derby sat so deep and just invited pressure on and Mahrez was given time on the ball and was really dangerous. 

We must play our best side to try and go into the Swansea game with some confidence.

This is also the last chance CR can realistically experiment with the side in a competetive fixture.

The defence is the problem. Go with Amartey and Benalouane. Nothing to lose whatsoever, they cannot be worse than Huth and Morgan who are completely immobile.

Having a more mobile defence will improve our play no question.

Archived