Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby (home) FA Cup Replay Pre-Match Thread

Just now, STUHILL said:

So in light of no Slimani/Ulloa/Wes and resting of some other players.. as well as Claudio in an interview saying no more changes, we stick with 4-4-2..

I would like to see this:

----------------------Kasper-----------------

Simpson----Amartey---Benny----Chilwell

Mahrez-----Mendy------N'didi-------Gray

-----------------Okazaki---Vardy-----------

I think Huth, Drinkwater and Wes are in desperate need of a rest/reality check!

I know it is a risk chucking in Amartery AND Benny, but frankly, the way Wes and Huth played recently, I honestly think it wouldn't be a risk at all and maybe even an improvement!

I don't see the point of playing Albrighton or Drinkwater unless we have Slimani or Ulloa, as both seem incapable of keeping the ball on the floor recently. 

I don't think Claudio will go with this and I think Musa, Albrighton, King, Huth and Drinkwater will all start. 

Hoping that after the awful performance against Man U, the Kasper interview and the vote of confidence, coupled with a break from the stresses of the League, we will see a big improvement tonight. 

2-0 Leicester. 

Agree with the team and this part.

Overhaul the defence, give the midfield and attack a chance to be creative and flourish. Even if it's just one CB who come in like Amartey that may be enough to make Huth a bit more comfortable.

After all that's gone on, an average, upper midtable Championship team like Deby who'll want to make a match of it, plus the derby edge, should make this a challenge, but a challenge that a decent performance can overcome.

If it works out that way, take Amartey as CB into the Swansea game and hopefully the confidence can take us on to a positive result :)   

Musa shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up tonight. He's been awful. To think some people would prefer to have him in over Vardy is astonishing.

----------------------Zieler--------------------

Simpson----Benny----Huth----Chilwell

----------Mendy-------Ndidi------------   

Albrighton---------Gray--------Kapustka

----------------------Vardy---------------------

I would have Amartey in there but he only got back from Africa yesterday I believe. If he is absolutely fine I would play him over Huth

Likewise for Slimani, if he was available, I'd have him in over Vards

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Amartey needs to play CB or CM but who do we play at RB if we want to rest or drop Simpson? This Alex Pascanu from the academy has trained with our first team a lot this season but not sure if he's naturally a right back or has been moved there from the left this season. He's highly rated here and back in Romania at youth level.

Like your thinking of playing a natural RB, Ric. Would be nice to see someone from the youth team involved...if good enough. 

Forgot about Benny, so probs with Amartey just back, it will be Benny and Huth in middle. 

I have a feeling it will be King and Ndidi in the middle. 433 with Mendy, King and Ndidi might be interesting, and Gray, Musa, and Vardy up top for some pace and energy (and Vardy)

wont be this but id like

17 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Musa shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up tonight. He's been awful. To think some people would prefer to have him in over Vardy is astonishing.

----------------------Zieler--------------------

Simpson----Benny----Huth----Chilwell

----------Mendy-------Ndidi------------   

Albrighton---------Gray--------Kapustka

----------------------Vardy---------------------

I would have Amartey in there but he only got back from Africa yesterday I believe. If he is absolutely fine I would play him over Huth

Likewise for Slimani, if he was available, I'd have him in over Vards

not bad but id actually give musa a try upfront on his own, deffo not a winger. plus Vardy needs dropping and a kick up the arse.

We absolutely demand a win tonight. We are better than these.

What's a bigger plus going into Swansea? A win, or rested players?

I find it utterly mental that anyone could say the latter, especially when that risks actually losing at home to those, and blowing a very good chance at making the quarters.

Proper team, positive attitude, and progression. Anything less is a joke.

48 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Musa has had about as many good games as Vardy has this season - it's not really *that* astonishing that some might prefer him.

So who will get the captains armband if Wes is being rested?  Personally I'd throw it to Kasper, I am not normally a fan of keepers being captains, but I think he'd have the balls to be bellowing and shouting at folk when needed.  Drinkwater would be the obvious choice, but he is so out of form at the moment.  Having said that, maybe the extra responsibility might just spur him on.

For me, Wilf has to start, the lad is gaining in confidence with each game and there were signs against Man Utd that he is growing in confidence to start driving forward with the ball at his feet when those ahead have gone missing and not looking to receive a pass.

That latter point is the big one for me.  If Leicester are to turn their form around it starts with players taking responsibility and wanting the ball from each other, make sure anytime we are in possession that the man on the ball has options to pass to, in a forwards, sideways direction, not back to Kasper!

Come on you foxes, can't wait, tonight is the night we get back on track!

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We absolutely demand a win tonight. We are better than these.

What's a bigger plus going into Swansea? A win, or rested players?

I find it utterly mental that anyone could say the latter, especially when that risks actually losing at home to those, and blowing a very good chance at making the quarters.

Proper team, positive attitude, and progression. Anything less is a joke.

Our proper team have been woeful for 6 months. I don't like the term "rested". I actually think we need tonight to give some others a chance to stake a claim for a starting spot.

How long are we going to persist with a broken team. Claudio has tried formation changes, but he hasn't really tried dropping some of the big names or any of the back 4. 

I don't see dropping some these underperforming players as a risk at all. I see it as a positive. One that could help us win tonight and help us make changes against Swansea and our run in if needed. 

We've had 6 months of the same back 4, and it has been truly awful. Lets change it. 

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Please don't boo Nugent.

Did his best for Leicester and parted in good terms.

Surely nobody will boo him? He was a hugely important part of our rebuilding process and ultimate promotion/survival.

I was thinking about the reception he would get if he came on as a sub earlier- came to the conclusion that it would be applause if we're not doing well, or a standing ovation if we're a couple of goals up.

18 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Our proper team have been woeful for 6 months. I don't like the term "rested". I actually think we need tonight to give some others a chance to stake a claim for a starting spot.

How long are we going to persist with a broken team. Claudio has tried formation changes, but he hasn't really tried dropping some of the big names or any of the back 4. 

I don't see dropping some these underperforming players as a risk at all. I see it as a positive. One that could help us win tonight and help us make changes against Swansea and our run in if needed. 

We've had 6 months of the same back 4, and it has been truly awful. Lets change it. 

Our 2nd team was not up to much in Porto either when given the chance.

1 minute ago, Ian S said:

Our 2nd team was not up to much in Porto either when given the chance.

With all due respect to Derby.. Porto away is a bit different to Derby at home and we had already qualified.

The alternative is to just keep playing the same team, week in week out? I'm all for "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but we are seriously broken and have been for 6 months. 

Tonight could be our last opportunity to throw a few fringe players in, and let them try fight for a starting place in the League. 

People talking about using tonight as a confidence boost for the starting 11, well what if they lose (again!), what will that do to confidence? 

I'd prefer to find out who, if any, of the fringe players can potentially help us out of this mess the usual starting 11 has got us in over the last 6 months. 

It's not a risk to try some of these fringe players, it's more of a risk to keep sticking with the same team - The last 6 months have proved that. 

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I shouldnt think even 1 person would be that stupid.

He was a fans favourite in his 4 years at Leicester

The guy behind me once commented on how big the goals were one evening so don't be surprised by anything.

I forgot about the time when he berated Musa for being offside for a throw in as well.

Archived