Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Slippery slope fallacy it might be, be careful what you wish for when NHS "reform" is suggested

I know people high up in the NHS, it's being privatised much more than you can imagine. Major assets are behind sold off to cover short term funding needs. Leicester will lose one of its hospitals in the next few years with no plans to replace that capacity. 

People are dying virtually every day due to lack of equipment, beds or staff.

If you think things are bad now future plans mean it'll get a whole lot worse with currently no prospect for improvement.

10 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I know people high up in the NHS, it's being privatised much more than you can imagine. Major assets are behind sold off to cover short term funding needs. Leicester will lose one of its hospitals in the next few years with no plans to replace that capacity. 

People are dying virtually every day due to lack of equipment, beds or staff.

If you think things are bad now future plans mean it'll get a whole lot worse with currently no prospect for improvement.

Can't say that this surprises me so much.

He's pulled out of the NK summit - because they called Pence a political dummy!

It was never going to happen, they played him. Made him invest so much political capital etc. By him pulling out, he is trying to look like the bigger man, but clearly he was out played.

Guest FriendlyRam

Trump really should just be removed now, the bloke is a big child, in fact a child would be more grown up than him 

Just offer him a billion and tell him to get his stuff packed up and get out imo, unless of course him being there is more than money :( 

2 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Trump really should just be removed now, the bloke is a big child, in fact a child would be more grown up than him 

Just offer him a billion and tell him to get his stuff packed up and get out imo, unless of course him being there is more than money :( 

He wouldnt quit its an ego thing

Anyone else been following the brouhaha regarding new the NFL ruling wrt standing for the national anthem?

Even Trump recognises that it's a farce and has expressed a wish that those who kneel during the anthem should be deported - I'd be interested to see exactly how that would work.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Anyone else been following the brouhaha regarding new the NFL ruling wrt standing for the national anthem?

Even Trump recognises that it's a farce and has expressed a wish that those who kneel during the anthem should be deported - I'd be interested to see exactly how that would work.

Lol he said they would be deported? Oh dear god. Considering most are african americans kneeling thats not going to sit well with any of the african american community. Thats like telling all of them to go back to Africa even though your forefathers brought them to your country an enslaved them.

....But hey they're in the wrong for kneeling. Shaking my head.

Edited by Jattdogg

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Guess who was the main driving force behind Trump cancelling the US-NK summit?

Three guesses but I think most will only need one...

S  O  C  I  A  L  I  S  M

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Guess who was the main driving force behind Trump cancelling the US-NK summit?

Three guesses but I think most will only need one...

Dont matter he will  just blame obama

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Surprised he hasnt blamed obama for his affairs with other women

No, that would be Crooked Hilary or the Corrupt FBI.

Or Iran.

Guest FriendlyRam

Might be back on

The bloke is a moron and I'm now at the conclusion he's just a distraction, the fact the bell end is still there further strengthens my belief he's nothing more than that

There's no way this clown is leading anything 

11 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

Might be back on

The bloke is a moron and I'm now at the conclusion he's just a distraction, the fact the bell end is still there further strengthens my belief he's nothing more than that

There's no way this clown is leading anything 

This is what worries me. There are guys behind him whose agendas genuinely scare me.

I See You on FB remarkably on point about a certain member of Trumps cabinet today. Particularly the penultimate paragraph.

"I see you, John Bolton.

I see your permanently hangdog expression, all misery and thoughts of blood, the human embodiment of Droopy if he’d been painted by Goya. It’s hard to imagine you’ve ever been happy, your absurd walrus moustache twisting you from a human into a hairy emoji that heralds the end of the known world. You’re a simple reptile, John Bolton, and all you want is to eat cold sardines out of a tin with your bare hands in front of a bleak grey wall, your back warmed by the burning corpses of America’s enemies behind you. Nothing would bring you greater apathy, and that’s about as close as you’re capable of getting to actual happiness.

What a joy it’s been to welcome you back, the most unashamedly neoconservative warhawk of massacres past, to the administration of everyone’s favourite unhinged toddler. I suppose one way to drain the swamp is to scorch the earth with nuclear fire until there’s nothing left but ash and bonemeal, and now we’ve got the soulless automaton we need to find the legal justification for it.

It’s not like anyone’s looking in the right direction, is it? At this point Trump is so obsessively raining Twitter fire down on the Mueller investigation that he’s barely noticing the lunatics lining up behind him, provided they coo and fawn enough over his paper-thin skin to avoid getting flattened by his tantrums. By flattery alone you’ve manoeuvred yourself back in to the fold and can now freely whisper whatever you like about Iran into the president’s ear and he’ll parrot it, trading America’s soft power for yet another Pyrrhic victory that fires up his base. He understood the Iran deal about as well as a shitting cat contemplates chess strategy yet there’s barely a voice raised in protest as he plunges the Middle East into yet more uncertainty by throwing it out of the window. The GOP seem to share one spine between all of them and John McCain is being awfully selfish about keeping it all for himself.

For a man obsessed with the legal arguments for military interventionism wherever you can champion it, John Bolton, you’ve absolutely no vision for the most basic strategy that should follow a bombing run. All that matters to you is that ‘Murrica gets to act unilaterally and blow shit up, clattering innocent Muslims out of the way harder than Sergio Ramos could ever hope to. The rebuild is barely relevant, the human catastrophe a footnote not worth mentioning.

Then there’s North Korea and your deliberate misstep in invoking ‘the Libya model.’ You knew full well that doing so would put a hornet the size of a house brick up Kim Jong-Un’s foreskin. It should tell the world all they need to know about your outlook that you could cite Libya as a carrot worth dangling. Trump’s ‘America First’ nonsense might be horrifying, but for whatever reason it looked like he may have been able to get through to his kindred spirit of an emotionally stunted demagogue.

And that’s the terrifying reality at the heart of all this. For all the circus and pandemonium that surrounds every decision Trump makes, the true ‘deep state’ now operates with utter impunity and in full view behind him, insulated from scorn by the distraction of the furious finger-pointing of his latest Twitter outburst. His inherent and absolute corruption is now so self-evident that he’s practically climbed the Statue of Liberty in order to personally teabag her on the evening news. A large chunk of the political sphere that ever flirted with the romantic notion of multilateralism are now unifying against him, shoring up their political and trade strategies against a mercurial Boglin that can’t be trusted. Even within his administration, the vaguest suggestion of peace with North Korea has to be undermined, the apple cart tilted to an angle where complete failure can be spun as victory.

But not for you, John Bolton. You’re better than that, a true strategist, more than a lawyer, more than a mindless loyalist. You’re not just the bogeyman the North Koreans paint you as, and you’ve full faith in Trump to achieve exactly what you want. After all, a nuclear holocaust is a lot like madness - all it takes is one sentient orange bag of papier-mâché and a little push.

I see you, John Bolton, your feet treading through the red sand, the dry wind howling through your moustache. I see the goggles on your eyes, the swathe of fabric wrapped into a makeshift turban around your head. It’s been many years, but you’re about to crest the hill, safe in the knowledge that you only ever did the right thing.

It’s a marvellous view, isn’t it, John Bolton? No more bureaucracy, no more red tape, no more whinging liberals. Just an Earth scoured clean, the questions answered, the tins clattering at your back.

This is the universe you wanted, John Bolton, the call of your entire life. No politics, no strategy, so whining opposition.

Just the dust, the sand, the cold tin of sardines in your backpack and that bleak grey wall somewhere in your future.

I see you, John Bolton."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

I See You on FB remarkably on point about a certain member of Trumps cabinet today. Particularly the penultimate paragraph.

"I see you, John Bolton.

I see your permanently hangdog expression, all misery and thoughts of blood, the human embodiment of Droopy if he’d been painted by Goya. It’s hard to imagine you’ve ever been happy, your absurd walrus moustache twisting you from a human into a hairy emoji that heralds the end of the known world. You’re a simple reptile, John Bolton, and all you want is to eat cold sardines out of a tin with your bare hands in front of a bleak grey wall, your back warmed by the burning corpses of America’s enemies behind you. Nothing would bring you greater apathy, and that’s about as close as you’re capable of getting to actual happiness.

What a joy it’s been to welcome you back, the most unashamedly neoconservative warhawk of massacres past, to the administration of everyone’s favourite unhinged toddler. I suppose one way to drain the swamp is to scorch the earth with nuclear fire until there’s nothing left but ash and bonemeal, and now we’ve got the soulless automaton we need to find the legal justification for it.

It’s not like anyone’s looking in the right direction, is it? At this point Trump is so obsessively raining Twitter fire down on the Mueller investigation that he’s barely noticing the lunatics lining up behind him, provided they coo and fawn enough over his paper-thin skin to avoid getting flattened by his tantrums. By flattery alone you’ve manoeuvred yourself back in to the fold and can now freely whisper whatever you like about Iran into the president’s ear and he’ll parrot it, trading America’s soft power for yet another Pyrrhic victory that fires up his base. He understood the Iran deal about as well as a shitting cat contemplates chess strategy yet there’s barely a voice raised in protest as he plunges the Middle East into yet more uncertainty by throwing it out of the window. The GOP seem to share one spine between all of them and John McCain is being awfully selfish about keeping it all for himself.

For a man obsessed with the legal arguments for military interventionism wherever you can champion it, John Bolton, you’ve absolutely no vision for the most basic strategy that should follow a bombing run. All that matters to you is that ‘Murrica gets to act unilaterally and blow shit up, clattering innocent Muslims out of the way harder than Sergio Ramos could ever hope to. The rebuild is barely relevant, the human catastrophe a footnote not worth mentioning.

Then there’s North Korea and your deliberate misstep in invoking ‘the Libya model.’ You knew full well that doing so would put a hornet the size of a house brick up Kim Jong-Un’s foreskin. It should tell the world all they need to know about your outlook that you could cite Libya as a carrot worth dangling. Trump’s ‘America First’ nonsense might be horrifying, but for whatever reason it looked like he may have been able to get through to his kindred spirit of an emotionally stunted demagogue.

And that’s the terrifying reality at the heart of all this. For all the circus and pandemonium that surrounds every decision Trump makes, the true ‘deep state’ now operates with utter impunity and in full view behind him, insulated from scorn by the distraction of the furious finger-pointing of his latest Twitter outburst. His inherent and absolute corruption is now so self-evident that he’s practically climbed the Statue of Liberty in order to personally teabag her on the evening news. A large chunk of the political sphere that ever flirted with the romantic notion of multilateralism are now unifying against him, shoring up their political and trade strategies against a mercurial Boglin that can’t be trusted. Even within his administration, the vaguest suggestion of peace with North Korea has to be undermined, the apple cart tilted to an angle where complete failure can be spun as victory.

But not for you, John Bolton. You’re better than that, a true strategist, more than a lawyer, more than a mindless loyalist. You’re not just the bogeyman the North Koreans paint you as, and you’ve full faith in Trump to achieve exactly what you want. After all, a nuclear holocaust is a lot like madness - all it takes is one sentient orange bag of papier-mâché and a little push.

I see you, John Bolton, your feet treading through the red sand, the dry wind howling through your moustache. I see the goggles on your eyes, the swathe of fabric wrapped into a makeshift turban around your head. It’s been many years, but you’re about to crest the hill, safe in the knowledge that you only ever did the right thing.

It’s a marvellous view, isn’t it, John Bolton? No more bureaucracy, no more red tape, no more whinging liberals. Just an Earth scoured clean, the questions answered, the tins clattering at your back.

This is the universe you wanted, John Bolton, the call of your entire life. No politics, no strategy, so whining opposition.

Just the dust, the sand, the cold tin of sardines in your backpack and that bleak grey wall somewhere in your future.

I see you, John Bolton."

Chillingly astute.