Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

You are a good guy but you really do talk some bollocks at times. I mean that's as ridiculous as anything I've read on here.

Any actual evidence to back up this garbage beyond paranoid class-war conspiracy theory? 

I wouldn't expect you to agree, Matt, and I have better things to do with my time than banging my head against a wall trying to convince you otherwise.

I'll clarify though that when I say Tories, I mean the Tory establishment, not the deluded working class who vote for them.

Edited by Buce

Guest MattP
Just now, Buce said:

I wouldn't expect you to agree, Matt, and I have better things to do with my time than banging my head against a wall trying to convince you otherwise.

As I expected. You can't. 

If you throw out complete nonsense like that you'll get challenged, I mean come on, the Tories believe in superiority of breeding? it's almost warped to claim such things. 

Either tell us how they do, who it is or put the spliffs down, it's so paranoid now it's not even funny. 

Probably more working class people on the front bench of the Tories than Labour these days. 

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Probably more working class people on the front bench of the Tories than Labour these days. 

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

If you throw out complete nonsense like that you'll get challenged

Ironic. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Ironic. 

Certainly true in the great offices of state isn't it? 

Fancy doing the whole front bench?

55 minutes ago, Buce said:

No, but that's because we are a different kind of society, with a different history.

The Tories believe in the supremacy of class and breeding.

There is definitely a big divide based on class in the UK, as there is often based on race and other factors in the US.

However, again, I think there is a distinction here - at least in the UK elements of the group with power haven't gone officially on record saying that certain groups without power are actually an abomination/unnatural/other perjorative here and are trying to push through legislation to either deny or repeal equal rights for them?

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'll clarify though that when I say Tories, I mean the Tory establishment, not the deluded working class who vote for them.

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

As I expected. You can't. 

If you throw out complete nonsense like that you'll get challenged, I mean come on, the Tories believe in superiority of breeding? it's almost warped to claim such things. 

Either tell us how they do, who it is or put the spliffs down, it's so paranoid now it's not even funny. 

Nobody can tell me these people don't understand the concerns of ordinary men and women.

Some of them are forced to sit in doorways ffs.

29-Brexit-o-el-fracaso-de-las-clases-dirigentes-británicas-17.09.02.jpg

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Nobody can tell me these people don't understand the concerns of ordinary men and women.

Some of them are forced to sit in doorways ffs.

29-Brexit-o-el-fracaso-de-las-clases-dirigentes-británicas-17.09.02.jpg

Ugh. That's Remain in a nutshell in one photo isn't it? Boris as well, we all know where he really is. 

I'm delighted the party had got away from that Bullingdon nonsense mind (it's 2018 now) - one of the things I noticed a couple of years back was how I had more in common with John Mann and Caroline Flint than David Cameron and George Osborne. 

Why don't you post a picture of the house Corbyn grew up in? Just for balance.

Guest MattP
20 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

nah you're aight

lol

I still think Labour would edge it, but it would certainly be closer these days. The Tories winning seats like Stoke and Mansfield and Labour winning Canterbury and Kensington is pretty clear evidence into a changing scenario. 

30 years time we might even have a reversal in British politics, Tories the party of working class towns and shires, Labour working class cities and London.

Honestly, guys, believe me: I'm not playing Oppression Olympics here, but the distinction and discrimination based on class in the UK, while prevalent, is not much compared to the distinctions based on race and other factors in many areas of the US. 

Look at it this way; for many people, the ideal response to electing a President who was anywhere close to black (and centrist/reasonably compromising on the UK scale) was to then elect one who is the antithesis of practically all he represented. 

Guest MattP

Haven't more black people got jobs now than under any other administration @leicsmac?

Trump seems to be fairly popular in comparison to other Republican leaders, maybe black people are more bothered about going to work and earning than being offended by someone saying something?

Not saying I'm right, just a thought.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Haven't more black people got jobs now than under any other administration @leicsmac?

Trump seems to be fairly popular in comparison to other Republican leaders, maybe black people are more bothered about going to work and earning than being offended by someone saying something?

Not saying I'm right, just a thought.

Think this got mentioned before, would have to source it - however I did source recently that Trump's approval rating amongst black people is 8%, so I'm not sure they care about the jobs side as much even if he's bringing in more.

Guest MattP
10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Think this got mentioned before, would have to source it - however I did source recently that Trump's approval rating amongst black people is 8%, so I'm not sure they care about the jobs side as much even if he's bringing in more.

Guess (like last time) we'll only find out for sure when they go to the polls properly. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Guess (like last time) we'll only find out for sure when they go to the polls properly. 

True. For me, Trump has to hope (for whatever reason this time) that the black vote stays at home like in 2016, or he loses.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44409775

G7 summit in Canada. How does the rest of the world approach the US wrt the trade tariffs, climate change and Iran?

The fives themes for this year's summit are:

• Inclusive economic growth
  • Gender equality and women's empowerment
  • World peace and security
  • Jobs of the future
  • Climate change and oceans

According to the Leaders' Programme, Mr Trump will be around for the economic and security issues being discussed on Friday but will miss climate change, the environment and probably gender equality on Saturday.

Tells you all you need to know about the arsehole.

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

The fives themes for this year's summit are:

• Inclusive economic growth
  • Gender equality and women's empowerment
  • World peace and security
  • Jobs of the future
  • Climate change and oceans

According to the Leaders' Programme, Mr Trump will be around for the economic and security issues being discussed on Friday but will miss climate change, the environment and probably gender equality on Saturday.

Tells you all you need to know about the arsehole.

Well, him and the administration/a lot of the populace that voted for him, too.

"You can call it anything you want. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what you call it. It used to be the G8, because Russia was in it, and now Russia's not in it. Now... I love our country. I have been Russia's worst nightmare. If Hillary got in I think Putin's probably going "Man, I wish Hillary won" because you see what I do. BUT, with that being said; Russia should be in this meeting. Why are we having a meeting without Russia being in the meeting? And I would recommend - and it's up to them - but Russia should be in the meeting, it should be a part of it. Yaknow, whether you like it or not - and it may not be "Politically Correct", but we have a world to run. And in the G7 - which used to be the G8 - they threw Russia out. They should let Russia come back in, because we should have Russia at the negotiating table."

The man is a joke. The Russians clearly have something on him.

• Like 1

It's like Putin's shopping list.

You ask yourself how Trump have the front to be so blatant about it all.

Whether the meeting with the North Koreans next week produces peace or is just a photo op, Trump shouldn't get a peace prize for setting off a global trade war or breaking down the international order whilst supporting the aggressive rogue state of Russia.