Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/05/arizona-official-waters-down-states-science-education-standards

Facepalm.

From the article: "Historians and the US court system have determined that intelligent design is not a scientific theory but a strategy used by biblical creationists who would like to insert their ideas into the science classroom."

You'd have thought the creationists in the US (and over here, yes Melanie Phillips I'm looking at you now) would have gotten the message. Evidently not.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/05/arizona-official-waters-down-states-science-education-standards

Facepalm.

From the article: "Historians and the US court system have determined that intelligent design is not a scientific theory but a strategy used by biblical creationists who would like to insert their ideas into the science classroom."

You'd have thought the creationists in the US (and over here, yes Melanie Phillips I'm looking at you now) would have gotten the message. Evidently not.

That's nearly as ludicrous as that white Jesus guy

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Caption competition.

My entry:

The world's most dangerous narcissistic embodiment of pure evil; and Donald Trump.

"You drink water?  Like out of the toilet?"

Guest FriendlyRam

We can do that in the cop station as well

Just been caught robbing a bank?

"I pardon myself, sir" works a treat 

Still end up banged up mind, but at least you've pardoned yourself, that's all that matters really.

22 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Declaring that he can pardon himself of any offence sounds a bit dictatory...

It does smack rather heavily of "when the President does it that means it's not illegal", doesn't it?

Remember how that turned out?

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Declaring that he can pardon himself of any offence sounds a bit dictatory...

Agreed. Whether he truly colluded woth the russians or is 100% innocent (witch hunt) is irrelevant.  As a leader you just cant and shouldnt go around saying things like that.

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Agreed. Whether he truly colluded woth the russians or is 100% innocent (witch hunt) is irrelevant.  As a leader you just cant and shouldnt go around saying things like that.

I'd say he's 110% guilty. 

Think the Trump-Kim Jong Un meeting will get cancelled again, fingers will be pointed as to whose fault it is (from both sides) but then the relations will soften again and they want to set arrange a meeting again etc etc.

Will be quite strange in seeing two controversial, and very different personalities, shaking hands and discussing their needs after their fall-outs.

This is comical.

https://www.google.ca/amp/nationalpost.com/news/canada/didnt-you-guys-burn-down-the-white-house-trump-uses-war-of-1812-to-justify-canada-as-security-threat/amp

I hope trudeau sticks to his guns and tells the yanks to piss off. 

You knobs voted him in and I refuse  to cross the border until this tw@t is gone.

Tit for tat is the way it has to be if this is his approach. 

Way to make america fail again.

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

This is comical.

https://www.google.ca/amp/nationalpost.com/news/canada/didnt-you-guys-burn-down-the-white-house-trump-uses-war-of-1812-to-justify-canada-as-security-threat/amp

You knobs voted him in and I refuse  to cross the border until this tw@t is gone.

This is one of the reasons why I have the scepticism I have for any US-UK trade deals that might be negotiated while this administration is in office.

If he treats another ally in this way, why would he treat the UK differently? America First is America First, after all - that's what he got elected for, not for mutually beneficial agreements.

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

This is comical.

Just get the world to agree a 50% import tariff on every US product. It would take a worldwide response to get Trump's attention. 

US plan to help the poor: increase their rent by 20%. Apparently this will push them to be more successful. You couldn't make it up. Except you could quite easily imagine it being a tory policy.

Carson's housing plan would raise rents for poor by 20%, analysis shows

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/07/ben-carson-housing-plan-would-raise-rents-for-poor-by-20-analysis-shows?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

34 minutes ago, toddybad said:

US plan to help the poor: increase their rent by 20%. Apparently this will push them to be more successful. You couldn't make it up. Except you could quite easily imagine it being a tory policy.

Carson's housing plan would raise rents for poor by 20%, analysis shows

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/07/ben-carson-housing-plan-would-raise-rents-for-poor-by-20-analysis-shows?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

It already is Tory policy - IDS was using that mantra years ago.

The Republicans and the Tories shit in the same pot.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

It already is Tory policy - IDS was using that mantra years ago.

The Republicans and the Tories shit in the same pot.

In fairness to the Tories they don't have a large size subset of folks in their party that believe in the wholesale supremacy of one race and religion enforced by the state.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

In fairness to the Tories they don't have a large size subset of folks in their party that believe in the wholesale supremacy of one race and religion enforced by the state.

No, but that's because we are a different kind of society, with a different history.

The Tories believe in the supremacy of class and breeding.

Guest MattP
20 minutes ago, Buce said:

No, but that's because we are a different kind of society, with a different history.

The Tories believe in the supremacy of class and breeding.

You are a good guy but you really do talk some bollocks at times. I mean that's as ridiculous as anything I've read on here.

Any actual evidence to back up this garbage beyond paranoid class-war conspiracy theory?