Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

42 minutes ago, MattP said:

I think when a country openly has stated it wants the destruction of another for no other reason than the religion of that country it deserves a lot of focus.

But hey it's just a bunch of Jews so I don't expect those on the left to care.

Excuse me? I think you should retract that pretty smartish. 

I don't want to see ANY country with nuclear weapons. I don't want to see ANY country threatened. 

Your generalisation says a lot more about you than it does our left wingers.

35 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

You are wrong to believe that Iran would not be looking to achieve a nuclear weapon if Israel didn't have one.

Possibly, yes, but ALL countries should be required to denuclearise. They'd still have the US in their corner to protect them.

19 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

Trump supporters cant and wont criticise him so its pointless even debating them imo 

He could set off nukes and they'd praise him 

Seriously?!? Is that the quality of your debate?

I'm not a Trump supporter but I am critical of the Iranian nuclear deal. I don't have a better solution right now and don't know if Trump's approach is the right one. 

What is clear is that the sanctions were biting on Iran before the nuclear deal and were tightening the screws on Iran in a non-violent way. The moment these were reversed the Ayatollahs were strengthened and we've seen the impact of that across the Middle East.

41 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Possibly, yes, but ALL countries should be required to denuclearise. They'd still have the US in their corner to protect them.

Look how well that's worked out for Ukraine (allowing NATO nukes to leave). Nobody wants to get rid of their nuclear program because of the inherit risk that is associated with losing the deterrent. There's no guarantee the US will help anyone, especially with Trump's comment's regarding his support of NATO.

If Iran is allowed to build a functional nuclear program, they get an invitation to sit at the table of the other major powers. If you do not want them interfering in the politics of other neighboring countries, allowing them to build a nuclear bomb and ballistic missiles is the last thing you want them to do. That is what the treaty prevented. How does one praise Trump for denuclearizing North Korea, but support him when he pulls us out of the Iran deal? 

By all metrics, and from all accounts this is a good deal. The american people overwhelming support the Iran deal. Even Trump's defense secretary supports the Iran deal. This is just another example of Trump going rogue, and doing what he wants for his own personal agenda. 

Edited by Detroit Blues

5 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Trump supporters cant and wont criticise him so its pointless even debating them imo 

He could set off nukes and they'd praise him 

I have very little interest interest nor do I really follow American politics but this seems like such a bizarre comment given nobody seems capable of any objectivity over Trump. You could easily say the same "*insert daft comment about Trump doing good* and they'd criticise him.

Let's be honest, there are quite so many people that will attack him whatever he says just because they want to be anti-Trump. In fact, over the weekend we saw how large swathes get in a flap about anything Trump says. He basically quoted a Doctor at the Royal London in Whitechapel who said it was like a war zone treating stab victims. A quote from a doctor who worked out in Afghanistan. Trump comments on this and is called a disgrace, criticised for scaremongering, sensationalising etc etc. (I don't agree that guns are the solution which was his context). And yet when that Doctor made those comment originally, people quite obviously were happy to use that doctor to make a point. 

I just wish he'd go away so we didn't have all this weirdness near 24/7 and some objectivity could be returned. 

• Like 2

Guest MattP
10 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

I have very little interest interest nor do I really follow American politics but this seems like such a bizarre comment given nobody seems capable of any objectivity over Trump. You could easily say the same "*insert daft comment about Trump doing good* and they'd criticise him.

Let's be honest, there are quite so many people that will attack him whatever he says just because they want to be anti-Trump. In fact, over the weekend we saw how large swathes get in a flap about anything Trump says. He basically quoted a Doctor at the Royal London in Whitechapel who said it was like a war zone treating stab victims. A quote from a doctor who worked out in Afghanistan. Trump comments on this and is called a disgrace, criticised for scaremongering, sensationalising etc etc. (I don't agree that guns are the solution which was his context). And yet when that Doctor made those comment originally, people quite obviously were happy to use that doctor to make a point. 

I just wish he'd go away so we didn't have all this weirdness near 24/7 and some objectivity could be returned. 

It would probably be the same with any Republican president to be honest, I remember in my early 20's watching all the mob walking down the streets with "Bush is a Nazi" etc on them - problem now is there aren't any genuine fascists in the Western World in power so these people who just hold views like Trump become them, the supply isn't there for a genuine Nazi and demand is at an all time high to scream at one so people like the Donald end up on the receiving end of it.

Obviously it's far more hysterical with Trump but I also think that's a generational thing, younger people are more hysterical now for so many different reasons.

Edited by MattP

14 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

The doctor's original comments were barely reported and nobody used them to make any points as far as I can see. Everybody knows London has a bad and worsening problem with knife crime. The only people I've seen trying to deny or downplay that issue are Tories worried (with significant justification) that the breakdown of society into violence doesn't reflect well on them after 8 years in power.

I think the reason why Trump was criticised is because he was trying to use London knife crime as a defence of US gun laws, despite the vast statistical differences between the two. Also that stabbing motion he made while saying it was quite disgusting. It's probably not just the single issues like this that get people annoyed but more the constant stream of factually inaccurate, thick, exaggerated and sometimes just made up shit that drips from his mouth day after day.

At least we're honest about it as well. I think Trump is an absolute **** and that probably colours my judgement from time to time. For me that's better than claiming you don't agree with him but then leaping to his defence at every opportunity because secretly you're as much of a minger as he is (not saying that's you personally, but certainly some people). Just show some balls and admit you like him and what he stands for.

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Like 2

I don't think he's a moron and stupid to be honest, but he's clearly very narcissistic and easy to sway. I can imagine Bolton whispering sweet nothings into his ear to get him on side. Bolton was a like a kid at Christmas yesterday. Worrying times. 

Edited by bovril

13 minutes ago, bovril said:

I don't think he's a moron and stupid to be honest, but he's clearly very narcissistic and easy to sway. I can imagine Bolton whispering sweet nothings into his ear to get him on side. Bolton was a like a kid at Christmas yesterday. Worrying times. 

This is sort of the problem I have too, which I've mentioned here before. Like with Dubya, it isn't really the figurehead himself that's the issue, more the highly motivated and rather sociopathic folks looking for power behind him.

Guest FriendlyRam

He's played a blinder with this Iran thing though, pulled out a deal with them in regards to nuclear arms, and now because of that they can now go straight in by accusing them of developing nuclear arms lol

Edited by FriendlyRam

US-SK meeting set for June 12th in Singapore, then. Let's see what happens.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44074257

Also, remember what I said above regarding highly motivated and sociopathic individuals looking for power? Here's a key example digging into his pockets big time:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/387065-adelson-boosts-house-republicans-with-30m-contribution

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Don't worry, I'm sure they were all terrorists or human shields out for innocent Israeli blood. They had it coming.

/s

Can you imagine what the so-called civilised world would be saying if it was Iran/NK et al who were firing live ammo at unarmed protesters?

20 minutes ago, Buce said:

Can you imagine what the so-called civilised world would be saying if it was Iran/NK et al who were firing live ammo at unarmed protesters?

I think I can make a pretty good guess. I think the words "liberate" and "despot" would be used reasonably often in there somewhere.

• Like 1