Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

I think that photo could be one used in future history textbooks about this current shower. Horrific body language, Merkel and Macron look like they're utterly fed up of trying with this giant manbaby.

If they weren’t before, they must be now.

Difficulty is, what can they do? Too many vested interests means they can’t just turn their backs, they have to actually try to deal with these positions. 

11 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

If they weren’t before, they must be now.

Difficulty is, what can they do? Too many vested interests means they can’t just turn their backs, they have to actually try to deal with these positions. 

They should jointly publish what their secret services know about Trump, Putin, Kompromat and dirty money.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Hopefully, good luck to them.

Know you've probably got your line in the water here but I don't get why having the European nations (including probably the UK) being laid piecemeal for nationalists like Trump and Putin to exert influence over is a good thing. I thought the Cold War was over?

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Know you've probably got your line in the water here but I don't get why having the European nations (including probably the UK) being laid piecemeal for nationalists like Trump and Putin to exert influence over is a good thing. I thought the Cold War was over?

You might be a fan of the ‘if you can’t beat em, join em’ adage but it’s not my view for a better world.

15 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You might be a fan of the ‘if you can’t beat em, join em’ adage but it’s not my view for a better world.

Well, yeah, if you're interested in maintaining international influence it's a shit choice either way - get pacmanned by Russia or the US or giving up power to a European entity.

However, with that particular matter being equal (unless someone puts forward a compelling reason otherwise) I'd rather take sides with the folks who discriminate less against minority groups and value science more than fundie religion. But that's me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Could it be that Trump and Russia are working together to bring down the EU? 

Haven't a clue, but would certainly suit the strategic interests of both. 

Encouraging the fragmentation of a big rival economic/diplomatic power bloc would make it easier for each of them to forcefully pursue their nationalistic interests in their different (or sometimes similar) ways.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Hopefully, good luck to them.

If you think the EU bosses the UK around too much, good luck dealing solo with Trump and/or Putin. :D

Great work - or great luck - whoever took those 2 photos.

Michelle doesn't look impressed with Barack's flirting in the first one. She should have stuck her head into the selfie and then cut his balls off when they got back to the White House. lol

That first one features the then Danish PM, wife of Stephen Kinnock, and was taken at Mandela's funeral event, as I recall....a bit disrespectful, to say the least.

Will be interesting to see where Trump goes next in his relations with allies in the West.

He's increased defence spending, hasn't he? That doesn't support the thesis of Isolationist America cutting itself off from the rest of the world and looking inward.

I presume he wants the US (and himself personally) to continue to act as the world's leading power, but wants allies in the West to pay more for US leadership - and exercise less influence over the global policies of the US.....

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:
14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Well, yeah, if you're interested in maintaining international influence it's a shit choice either way - get pacmanned by Russia or the US or giving up power to a European entity.

However, with that particular matter being equal (unless someone puts forward a compelling reason otherwise) I'd rather take sides with the folks who discriminate less against minority groups and value science more than fundie religion. But that's me.

If you think the EU bosses the UK around too much, good luck dealing solo with Trump and/or Putin. :D

We don’t have to side with or give up anything to any of them.

17 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

As an idealist, I'd like to think that's true.

As a cynic in this modern world, I'm not in any way sure that it is.

Exactly - and more importantly than what you or I might think, I'm pretty damn sure that, if we were isolated, Trump and Putin would feel that we DID have to give up quite a lot to them. 

If I bumped into Huth and Wasilewski down the boozer and they felt that I should buy them a pint, I wouldn't HAVE to do it but might end up doing so...

Of course, I'd want to buy a pint for 2 such fine, upstanding gentlemen  anyway, so the issue doesn't arise...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Iol at trump basically calling Trudeau a lil bitch. Justin needs to stick on his eyebrows to his angry face lol 

Over here in  Canada i think trudeau is doing a good job at being firm without trying to be a dooshbag like trump.  He stood up to the states and i hope he keeps it up. I dont go to the states as i mentioned before and  this will only make me not go even more.

Cant stand the fat faced ugly cvnt

Side note:  hope the large amount of decent americans do the right thing at the next election. Dems need to figure their crap out.

Edited by Jattdogg

Personally think the EU, UK, Canada and other allies should make a joint statement daying they are imposing tariffs on all US goods, will not work with the US militarily and will not meet with the US given its stance on trade, climate change etc.

Force the American people to see that it has become a rogue state in terns of international norms and is no longer a trusted partner given how it is treating it's supposed allies. Trump's only friends left will be Kim Jung Un and Putin. In fact, use those words.

Edited by Guest

48 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Personally think the EU, UK, Canada and other allies should make a joint statement daying they are imposing tariffs on all US goods, will not work with the US militarily and will not meet with the US given its stance on trade, climate change etc.

Force the American people to see that it has become a rogue state in terns of international norms and is no longer a trusted partner given how it is treating it's supposed allies. Trump's only friends left will be Kim Jung Un and Putin. In fact, use those words.

Imagine that nuclear arsenal could take over the world.

51 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Literally what Putin wants. Actually that’s probably out of Vlads dreams, that. Watch the Russian Army roll into Donetsk and Tbilisi within a week.

9 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Literally what Putin wants. Actually that’s probably out of Vlads dreams, that. Watch the Russian Army roll into Donetsk and Tbilisi within a week.

TBH given current times I think Putin could do that anyway if he wanted to regardless of what the EU/UK/Canada did or didn't do. Not sure those countries saying they're having less to do with the US would make much difference.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/canada/2018/06/09/donald-trump-disrupts-g7-womens-empowerment-session-by-showing-up-late.html

Not a cvnt at all? Cant show up on time, come late, leaves early. My way or the highway. A fookin manchild that refuses to listen  and expects everyone else to cave. How do americans like this crap? Embarassing. But of course he deserves a nobel for north korea. Wonder how much he paid kim jong to show up to make it seem like he is the man in world peace.

Destroy confidence with allies and make peace with communists. Dictator much.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

Watching Justin Trudeau try to look tough is almost comical on the World stage.

You can't sit there crying on TV for votes showing how much "empathy" you hsve and then try to act like you want respect from tough leaders in the G7, everyone knows it's bollocks. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

You can't sit there crying on TV for votes showing how much "empathy" you hsve and then try to act like you want respect from tough leaders in the G7, everyone knows it's bollocks. 

so.. real tough men dont cry?:doh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Wow. What are you saying? That you can't cry and be respected?

Edit: snap @ozleicester

Edited by CarbonVirtine
  • Like 2