Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Worst part is that North Korea have reopened the communication hotline with the South and offered good will regarding the Winter Olympics, and he goes and does this. Seoul must be seething. 

Trump will just spin that as a vindication of his approach, citing cause and effect.

11 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Worst part is that North Korea have reopened the communication hotline with the South and offered good will regarding the Winter Olympics, and he goes and does this. Seoul must be seething. 

You don't even need to be Korean or Palestinian or anything. 

Imagine being a highly trained, well educated, highly experienced American diplomat working tirelessly for years to build bridges in the middle East or East Asia. 

Then, booooom. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

This is the level of diplomacy in world politics now.

Its ****ing shameful really.

Or he's deliberately doing it to distract from this attempt to bully Palestine into submission... Everyone laugh at the silly manchilds playground scuffle and ignore the destruction he's trying to wreak. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You don't even need to be Korean or Palestinian or anything. 

Imagine being a highly trained, well educated, highly experienced American diplomat working tirelessly for years to build bridges in the middle East or East Asia. 

Then, booooom. 

This. Or, for that matter, being a highly-trained climate/environmental scientist.

What a bloody mess.

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

Bannon: ‘They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff

The Republican party really need to learn from this whole debacle and begin to move their party back towards the centre. Unfortunately they don't strike me as the brightest bunch so this may not happen.

40 minutes ago, Buce said:

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

Bannon: ‘They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff

That wouldn't be pretty, but imagine cracking Steve Bannon like an egg.

Everyone within 50 metres would be showered in pus and uric acid

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Bet365 offering 1/2, Betfair 5/4, PaddyPower 4/7 that he gets convicted by the Senate in his first term.

Those are pretty damn short odds - is that due to people just lumping on or do folks think there is some real quantifiable smoke here?

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Bet365 offering 1/2, Betfair 5/4, PaddyPower 4/7 that he gets convicted by the Senate in his first term.

Those are pretty damn short odds - is that due to people just lumping on or do folks think there is some real quantifiable smoke here?

As I understand it, it requires 2/3rds of the House to vote for it - probably unlikely with a Republican majority.

However, after the mid-term elections that may be a very different scenario.

Edited by Buce

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

As I understand it, it requires 2/3rds of the House to vote for it - probably unlikely with a Republican majority.

However, after the mid-term elections that may be a very different scenario.

It would have to be a pretty seismic shift in the midterms for the Dems to get a majority in 2018 (let alone a two-thirds) given the seats up for grabs.

I think you'd still have to rely at least a fair few Repubs voting for, which unless things are truly dire for them too I don't think would happen.

In any case, as I've said before I don't think it would come to that anyway; if Trump thinks the Senate will convict he'll take the Nixon route out and get himself a pardon from Pence as he comes in.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

Guest FriendlyRam

It gets worse and still hes no closer to being impeached. Hes now bragging about a button that we know doesnt exist, as if theyd risk that sort of power falling into the wrong hands,, and now hes falling out with bannon which is hilarious lol bannon not liking trump now is funny, esp after he was lauding him as the 2nd coming only recently. Ivanka is a liberal isnt she? It took the weird one that long to realise it lol

Guest FriendlyRam

It is leicsmac :) I think bannon will split them into two groups, one side will stick with trump and the other will go along with bannon, this should finish any chance trump had of winning a 2nd term, if anything thats the best thing to come out of this.

Don't think anyone's posted a link to the book excerpt that's caused all the fuss.

No idea how credible it is, although there's a fair amount of crossover with other stuff I've read. In any event, it's quite entertaining:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Don't think anyone's posted a link to the book excerpt that's caused all the fuss.

No idea how credible it is, although there's a fair amount of crossover with other stuff I've read. In any event, it's quite entertaining:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

Any other leader and yours say it couldn't be credible but, actually, it sounds incredibly credible.

8 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Wow. It's pretty madcap.