Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Now a theory did occur to me as to why this book might have been released ‘now’. 

And how it is potentially a bigger danger to Trump that the Russia stuff... i shall embellish if you will allow me.

From my understandings of the extracts from the book a reasonable amount of ‘play’ is made around Trump’s Health -both physical, but more importantly mental.

There have also been representations made to congressman on this front by a psychiatrist - yes, that was judgement from afar and mad eyes to mainly Democrates, but it’s beginning to paint a picture / ask a question.

Now what’s in Trump’s diary soon... a customary ‘physical’ on the 12th January! 

Although very unlikely that he’ll be declared ‘unfit’ the book and coverage would at least provide the performing Doctor some cover should they want to.

But what should be more of a concern to Trump is that these claims, regardless of how much actual truth are in them, contain a significant amount of ‘reasonable proof’ - i.e. enough evidence that feels like proof that they will be believed compared to most counter claim (ironically, a similar tactic Trump has used previously to his advantage).

It’s also clear the nature of these claims are vote killers for the President - and that his only defence against this ‘attack’ is to try and tell a boring truth (the claims are too numerous and interesting to try and deflect attention with other news stores.

Somwith this in my mind, I ponder... would Trump resign within a month, unhappy at being both ridiculed and shackled politically by this more? Possibly not, but it could end up getting this way. 

got this way

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Something I've been meaning to ask you @the fox: How is Trump perceived in your country?

funny enough, not that bad. (as far as i can tell) most people don't know about his social media antics. if he isn't starting wars for oil and isn't bombing innocent people to "free them", he is cool as cucumbers.

there was backlash because of the jerusalem talk but, anyone with half a brain can tell you that the palestinian-israeli case isn't up to him. people are pulling strings from backstage.

for many (people who don't go on twitter much) he isn't known as the big buffoon that he is. in here (talking for myself, not generalising here) the whole kim-jong un and trump fiasco isn't much of a problem. they are all talk and no action to show for. if they launch missles, they launch missiles. if we die, we die lol

thing is, most people aren't really concerned about america. we've been there, done that and got the shirt. i'm not bothered about the US because the set-up is know for anyone that has eyes.

america will set-up the usual shtick. start a conflict in a small nearby country, come for the "rescue" just for the discount price of a military base, get a tight grip on the government, start another conflict in the neighbor countries under the mask of terrorism, arm the radical minority groups and run the same act. you corner the big fish and tell said country's government to their faces "play along or you will get the treatment"

pretty much playing with people's lives. a game of chess just like what they did in the middle east.

imo, no matter who is in charge, the plan is set, the US president is just another marionette in this big muppet show

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, the fox said:

funny enough, not that bad. (as far as i can tell) most people don't know about his social media antics. if he isn't starting wars for oil and isn't bombing innocent people to "free them", he is cool as cucumbers.

there was backlash because of the jerusalem talk but, anyone with half a brain can tell you that the palestinian-israeli case isn't up to him. people are pulling strings from backstage.

for many (people who don't go on twitter much) he isn't known as the big buffoon that he is. in here (talking for myself, not generalising here) the whole kim-jong un and trump fiasco isn't much of a problem. they are all talk and no action to show for. if they launch missles, they launch missiles. if we die, we die lol

thing is, most people aren't really concerned about america. we've been there, done that and got the shirt. i'm not bothered about the US because the set-up is know for anyone that has eyes.

america will set-up the usual shtick. start a conflict in a small nearby country, come for the "rescue" just for the discount price of a military base, get a tight grip on the government, start another conflict in the neighbor countries under the mask of terrorism, arm the radical minority groups and run the same act. you corner the big fish and tell said country's government to their faces "play along or you will get the treatment"

pretty much playing with people's lives. a game of chess just like what they did in the middle east.

imo, no matter who is in charge, the plan is set, the US president is just another marionette in this big muppet show

Very interesting perspective from someone living in a country that feels the brunt of US foreign policy. Thanks! :thumbup:

• Like 1

And further to Roy Moore:

Roy Moore supporters: why did they wait 30 years to come forward?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/06/roy-moore-accusers-house-destroyed-fire-under-investigation-arson/1009903001/

Also Roy Moore supporters: look we don't know if that's connected, or if it is it's karma/insurance fraud/did it herself to make us look bad.

10 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Very worrying that opposing parties to Trump havn’t come to a consensus with a platform with radical reforms to improve social justice in the US. Seems they still parrot the identity politics BS as their moral purpose. They will lose again in 3 years.

TBF that won't fly in the US, not when the "COMMIE!" dog-whistle is still as effective as it is here.

Also demographic turnout was a big factor in Trump getting elected in the first place, so identity politics still has its part to play IMO...and given how things have turned out thus far what kind of candidate would they have to put up that would lose against Trump? (Unless, somehow, the same trick regarding dividing the US left wing on lines of ideological purity somehow works again, and if it does they deserve everything they get.)

Guest FriendlyRam

Bannon backtracking, claiming he only meant manafort lol. Its a mess tbh. trump surely has to go, cant see how much longer they can let this go on for.

trump won't be impeached! not today, not tomorrow and not this year.

as long as he doesn't go against the lobbies, he will keep his place. 

i like to call the ones who really call the shots "drug dealers", the moments the people get tired of one, they will bring a new, fresh conflict to send people for another hallucination trip.

people who are afraid to stand up to trump are shaking in their boots because they don't want the seat to be empty or taken (the seat of the biggest nation in the world), not even for a second. 

putin the boogeyman is watching from a distance and is ready to take the wheel. but i gotta hand it to vlad, he is making sure that he gains the favour of the nations america done wrong .

let's not kid ourselves here, america can wipe north korea off the map. they got the big nations in their corner.

trump acting like a clown is actually good for them. he made kim take the bait. everyone knows that trump is a buffoon and kim humoring him makes him look just like that. america can always say that they will get rid of trump, but what will north korea say?

kim should've played dump, even when they show him a picture of a rockette with a NK flag, he should just say "that doesn't look like anything to me".

kim is being talked up, he isn't fooling anyone. do you think NK has more advanced weapons than the US? he is believing a lie that was told to him.

the only reason people don't think america has such firepower is because it didn't make the news. play the good-guy underdog so people will root for you

now when push comes to shove, america will beat the breaks off north korea and no one will mind because kim talked a big game. 

it's a bully vs bully fight and the US is the tall handsome bully that everyone in school likes. kim doesn't know what hit him. he will get beaten to a pulp and no one will feel sorry for him. trump made him bite more than he can chew. 

guess trump does know what he's doing. playing the long con lol 

Edited by the fox

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

What happened to the fake news awards yesterday? I've read nothing about it, was genuinely looking forward to it.

There were no awards. 

It was fake news. 

Guest FriendlyRam

There was a live stream set up on youtube aswell, all the "trumpsters" were in the chat getting ready for their lord and saviour to dish out the rewards lol

I presume Jake Tapper will win one? Hes a nailed on certainty lol

Guest MattP

A piece I read in the Sunday Times this weekend for a bit of balance for the thread.

Toddler-in-chief Trump is right where voters wanted him — lefties included

I have a book coming out this month about Donald Trump, culled from hundreds of interviews with important people close to the US president. It will detonate within the political firmament like an enormous dirty bomb made of highly enriched plutonium and cobalt-60, and I thought I would share some of its revelations with you today.

I have been told, exclusively, by at least two sources, that Trump is “kind of nuts”. A third described him as “crazier than a shithouse rat”. I can also reveal he is sometimes “coarse-mannered” and prone to “childishness”. Crucially, I discovered that he has “strange, orange, hair” and is “not always entirely respectful towards women”. This stuff is going to blow the lid off his presidency, I’m telling you. And it will rank alongside my previous investigations into US presidents, such as my one about Nixon, in which an insider explosively revealed he could be “a little devious, on occasion”, and Lincoln, who “was quite keen on the theatre and black people”.

The only problem is that I’ve been beaten to it by the excellent journalist Michael Wolff, who has done exactly the same thing and got exactly the same answers. The question for Michael and me is how the Trump team managed, cunningly, to conceal all this from us during his race for the presidency. As the campaign progressed we were all rather impressed by Trump’s sanity and rationality, were we not? His intellectual depth and seriousness. His highfalutin eloquence, sensible hairstyle, measured and mature response to criticism, and, above all, his commitment to women’s equality. How could we have been so gulled, have got it so dreadfully wrong?

I have Wolff’s book beside me right now and it’s great — although largely for the minutiae of what went on than for the headlines that have propelled the book to No 1 in America (and probably Pyongyang). But it will not shift public opinion one inch. Trump voters suspect — rightly — that the media has it in for Trump in a way that surpasses all other media assaults on a right-wing president, Reagan included, and so are disinclined to let it cloud their judgment of the man.

Nor are they stupid, voters. Plenty of followers of left-winger Bernie Sanders transferred to Trump. They will have held their noses; they simply found him — as would I — immensely preferable to the aloof, patronising waxwork who opposed him. Hillary Clinton is now touring the world, from one chatshow smugfest to the next, plugging her idiotic book What Happened. What happened was you, Clinton. Enough of a politically correct liberal dynastic procession that cared not a jot about the poor or (as the Yanks call them) the middle classes — they wanted change.

And we have also discovered that Trump’s bark is worse than his bite. In terms of action, as opposed to those stupid schoolyard insults, he has been restrained over North Korea, thank the Lord. He has supported Israel, frozen aid to Pakistan and threatened to cut aid to Palestine, suggesting that no longer will America kowtow to a PC view of the world in which countries that abhor the West, and harbour terrorists, should be saturated with US dollars in a pointless act of self-flagellation. All of this will not have harmed his voter base one bit. It may be a better policy, pragmatically, than Obama’s rationale of “reaching out” to Muslim states. After all, how did that work out? And those tax cuts will have dragged more of the hardworking “deserving” poor over to his side.

This is not to say that Trump is a Truman, a Johnson or even a Reagan, all of whom won by recourse to the same voter base. He’s often an embarrassment to human existence. He seems pig ignorant. But a year into his presidency, his actions have been more good than bad. More to the point, Trump and his voters have become inured to the slings and arrows of furious liberals in the media. They just take no notice.

Edited by MattP