Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Chilwell 'scared' to take throw in

9 minutes ago, evil jack said:

...aaaand they're having a good old laugh about this on The Guardian Football Weekly.

Barry Glengenning.

Sigh.

Think he was on about it on TalkSport yesterday, Jim White and guest's were discussing it earlier also.

Just as we thought we we're already a laughing stock the laughter gets louder!

We are currently the gift that keeps on giving!

Not read the whole thread - has our boy said anything about it?

blimey, I remember 30 years ago playing a Braunstone pub  team on Braunstone park in the spring, and women and kids were on the touch line trying to kick or grab our players, swearing  at us, egging their players on to break our legs! Needless to say, despite our higher league position, we didn't put much effort into trying to win or draw that one!

5 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Koppite I think I played in that one .Always seemed to be a few no shows for that fixture .Supporters would tackle you on the wing narrowed the play down a bit.centre midfiels was the safest place.

Ha ha ! Yeah , you must have done or other away teams probably had the same problems- although as far as I can remember, it never happened if it was a Sunday morning match in winter! 

Ah, the good old days

44 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Anyone there a few seasons ago when Konch was playing down that side , and some idiots were running down the stand to the front every time he went near the touch line , shouting and swearing at him- think he just laughed at them or swore back?

In League 1, I remember vividly Cleverly on loan at the time laughing to himself and he appeared egged on by it.

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

In League 1, I remember vividly Cleverly on loan at the time laughing to himself and he appeared egged on by it.

Yes ! He was subject to dogs abuse that game and seemed to revel in getting to the line and savouring the atmosphere . I was in earshot of some old Millwall fan who must have been in his 60s and all he could do was call everyone including the ref a f******  c***

through the whole 90 minutes ;

happy days - a proper football experience my two young lads loved every minute 

2 hours ago, old koppite said:

Not read the whole thread - has our boy said anything about it?

blimey, I remember 30 years ago playing a Braunstone pub  team on Braunstone park in the spring, and women and kids were on the touch line trying to kick or grab our players, swearing  at us, egging their players on to break our legs! Needless to say, despite our higher league position, we didn't put much effort into trying to win or draw that one!

Still the same!

20 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Really lousy, un-classy behaviour from Steve Morrison there, dishing out a fellow 20 year old player publically in the papers. 

Maybe if he he spent a bit more time working on his own game and a bit less time slagging off his fellow pro's in his own career wouldn't be 'sinking' in the 3rd tier of English football.

I love this post. This is precisely the mentality we need at the moment, close ranks around the boys and get behind them. Chilwell is class and will go on to a be a great player for us.

Morrison was a decent prospect and now he's resorted to pathetic statements like this. Picking on someone he think's is a soft target, rather than enjoying their success!

Koppite -Saturdays in the summer only for the Braunstone supporters.Sundays we were over in the Hinckley Sunday League against the lads from Ibstock,Newbold ,Burbage and Hinckley .

Welcome relief but some decent standard in that league probably a better standard on Sunday morning

21 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Were you at the Old Den in 85 when they knocked us out the cup?

They were climbing the fences to try and get into the away end that night, after they had beaten us. lol

I seem to recall going on the football special and the plod marching us past every Millwall boozer in creation.  Oh how we loved the bottles and glasses flying.  Propah!

4 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

He is a kid who may not have ever experienced any kind of intimidation as he felt at that point. He will grow, mature and learn from it. Well played to Benny for being protective and helping him out. I'm guessing everyone on here is super tough and never get scared or intimidated by anything or is t the old keyboard warrior syndrome? 

Correct. he is just a kid. Right now does everyone have to pull apart, rip to pieces, dismantle everything we do. 

Goodness sake. 

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's gonna feel weird wanting Tottenham to royally hump them next round.

They (Spurs) start with their strongest side in the FA cup games - get the lead then withdraw a few players and keep the ball - text book stuff . They will win it this year . 

(They have been comically crap in Europe though) 

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

Koppite -Saturdays in the summer only for the Braunstone supporters.Sundays we were over in the Hinckley Sunday League against the lads from Ibstock,Newbold ,Burbage and Hinckley .

Welcome relief but some decent standard in that league probably a better standard on Sunday morning

Ah, is that now or few years back.

I remember at one time you could get 3 games in a weekend, and some lads did for a bit, but soon got fed up with injuries / tired legs!

when I played you could find a good standard in any of the time slots, but I think the Sunday afternoon league was dropping off by the time I left  ( is it still going?).

One clear memory of the Brunstone experience may have been an end of season, cram it in game , as definitely rock hard pitch, warm weather and the mob on the line! Happy days!

Archived