Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Chilwell 'scared' to take throw in

As none of the people on here criticising him have probably not, or ever likely to experience anything like this, it's difficult to know how as individuals we would react. It's dead easy for some to comment 'he should have more mental strength' or 'he should toughen up' or an inference that somehow because of his wage he should have dealt with it better. It's easy to be the big hard man hiding behind a computer. I wonder what the training is on how to deal with such things? There's no police there,  so what was there to stop some drunken coked up nutter running on and having ago in the kids mind apart from a few inadequate porky stewards? 

All in a days work now for players like Huth and Wes perhaps but, if at 19yrs and possibly coming from a decent family, not having seen such close quarter behaviour before it might be a different matter. He will of course learn from this experience. He'll also get hardened towards so called supporters in general perhaps and eventually just treat it as a job with little emotion. I wonder how many of those who criticise him would absolutely shit themselves even just standing on the pitch trying to play a game without any trouble. He's a young kid, give him a bit of leeway.

As much as players shouldn't be expected to take that vitriolic abuse, some of our youngsters do need to toughen up. I read a story here that the U23s were angry with Benny because he was tackling too hard. These guys want to be play in the PL but are scared of getting tackled, if true, its laughable.

That's a feature of the F A cup though - it gives a voice to these nobodies for once in their career  - he will have returned to well earned obscurity by The time Kane's second goal is being retrieved from their net as I'm sure Spurs won't be playing a reserve team 

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He will of course learn from this experience. He'll also get hardened towards so called supporters in general perhaps and eventually just treat it as a job with little emotion

He will, and he better figure out how by next week because a weakness like that cannot be shown to opponents and will have been noted also. 

IF he had anything thrown at him (I didn't see it on the TV or him flinching or anything), then he should stop the game, get the ref over, make a complaint. Players shouldn't have anything thrown at them other than verbal abuse, which is part of the game when playing away from home.

He didn't seem to react physically (that I can recall), and therefore I am not sure he had anything thrown at him. In which case, if it was because of the verbal abuse (or his fingers hurt lol!) he needs to grow up a bit.

Morrison is a classless plank.

He was on 5live after they'd beaten Watfordin the previous round,                                                                                         making disparaging comments about their players.

When you read shit like this from a lower league clod hopper it just makes me want to fight back - Chilwell was poor on saturday as were some of the others but we should show the same passion (especially on this forum) for our own team as the Millwall thickos do for their shower of mediocre shite - maybe the team would then as well??

8 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Were you at the Old Den in 85 when they knocked us out the cup?

They were climbing the fences to try and get into the away end that night, after they had beaten us. lol

I can testify to this - full time was like being evacuated from a war zone.  

To be fair to Morrison he plays for such an irrelevant club, what else has he got to shout about? If he's proud of their chavvy gobshite home support then that speaks volumes of the man.

Chilwell will go on to play for England, Morrison will be forgotten the minute he retires 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

To be fair to Morrison he plays for such an irrelevant club, what else has he got to shout about? If he's proud of their chavvy gobshite home support then that speaks volumes of the man.

Chilwell will go on to play for England, Morrison will be forgotten the minute he retires 

He can always take care of the family grocery store ........

Can't understand the sympathy for chilwell here.... You can't ask the CB to take a throw in.... Chilwell needs to toughen up things like this could cost us a game.

Managers like fergie or mourinho would drop chilwell for something like that. Fair enough if they were throwing stuff on the pitch, but these are just words and allows these Millwall idiots to believe PL players are scared of the lions den. When in reality if okazaki had scored we'd have won and Morrison wouldn't be blessed to come out with this.... on a positive At least it's exposed the fact that chilwell needs to toughen up mentally and could probably do with help from that psychologist that Claudio sacked.

48 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Chillwell has got a broken finger....

This. Morison is a total pr1ck.

Chillwell got stamped on in the first half so couldn't take throw ins, hence why he got Benny to take them. He got his fingers strapped up at half time so he actually continued to take them in the second half.

People really are dumb lol 

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Really lousy, un-classy behaviour from Steve Morrison there, dishing out a fellow 20 year old player publically in the papers. 

Maybe if he he spent a bit more time working on his own game and a bit less time slagging off his fellow pro's in his own career wouldn't be 'sinking' in the 3rd tier of English football.

I'm glad someone else said this because regardless of whether or not he's telling the truth it's a ****ing shit thing to say to the press.

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

As none of the people on here criticising him have probably not, or ever likely to experience anything like this, it's difficult to know how as individuals we would react. It's dead easy for some to comment 'he should have more mental strength' or 'he should toughen up' or an inference that somehow because of his wage he should have dealt with it better. It's easy to be the big hard man hiding behind a computer. I wonder what the training is on how to deal with such things? There's no police there,  so what was there to stop some drunken coked up nutter running on and having ago in the kids mind apart from a few inadequate porky stewards? 

All in a days work now for players like Huth and Wes perhaps but, if at 19yrs and possibly coming from a decent family, not having seen such close quarter behaviour before it might be a different matter. He will of course learn from this experience. He'll also get hardened towards so called supporters in general perhaps and eventually just treat it as a job with little emotion. I wonder how many of those who criticise him would absolutely shit themselves even just standing on the pitch trying to play a game without any trouble. He's a young kid, give him a bit of leeway.

Not for me, if he wants to be a success you face up to these moments. If he genuinely wants to be an England international, he will face worse than potentially.

Though part of me says Morison is talking horseshit

2 minutes ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Can't understand the sympathy for chilwell here.... You can't ask the CB to take a throw in.... Chilwell needs to toughen up things like this could cost us a game.

Managers like fergie or mourinho would drop chilwell for something like that. Fair enough if they were throwing stuff on the pitch, but these are just words and allows these Millwall idiots to believe PL players are scared of the lions den. When in reality if okazaki had scored we'd have won and Morrison wouldn't be blessed to come out with this.... on a positive At least it's exposed the fact that chilwell needs to toughen up mentally and could probably do with help from that psychologist that Claudio sacked.

This

Chilwell has zero defence. If you can't handle some chav giving you verbals then you need to man up a little bit.

Reflection of our squad/manager as whole at the minute though.

4 minutes ago, shiv said:

This. Morison is a total pr1ck.

Chillwell got stamped on in the first half so couldn't take throw ins, hence why he got Benny to take them. He got them strapped up at half time so he actually continued to take them in the second half.

People really are dumb lol 

Thanks for the explanation, puts a much better light on the piss poor comments reportedly said by Morrison. Still doesn't explain Chilwells dreadful overall performance in the game. He was so bad  I was thinking that some of our "Gladiators" had "had a word in his ear"

Archived