Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Chilwell 'scared' to take throw in

3 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

This

Chilwell has zero defence. If you can't handle some chav giving you verbals then you need to man up a little bit.

Reflection of our squad/manager as whole at the minute though.

Ffs. See my post. It's not true. 

How quick we are to jump on one of our own players. SHAMEFUL.

You bitch and moan about players not being up for it, then someone has a go at one of our team and you jump on the bandwagon too, CVNTS,.

Chilwell is a young player with bags of talent and a bright future.

Said this at time during the game. Thought it was weird how Benny went to taking throw ins.

The fans on that side are horrible. My previous visits they always dish rubbish out, throw items and rush to the front but Saturday as it was full was the worse I've seen it there at the Den.

Sorry I don't accept the explanation that he 'broke' his finger. Mourinho would want to see a tougher attitude from players like Joe Cole and robben when at chelsea. It made them better players..... Chilwell should not be given a pass..... He's on a lot of money to do a job... And at the moment a lot of the players are not showing any hunger or determination for that task.

It's not about taking Millwall idiots side, as those lot are delusional. It's about our team, the manager, most of our fans and the pundits can see we aren't showing as much determination as we should be.

Why is Ranieri asking for soldiers and gladiators? A lot of the time in combat sports like boxing, a boxer has to try and show a punch has not hurt him as bad as it has, as it will give the opponent confidence and even an opportunity. Even if chilwell was hurt he should be portraying a better attitude, like "I don't give f... " ....I'm going to play on and take a throw in just to show this abuse doesn't matter. I'm going to be more determined than the opponent....

What I saw from chilwell and the team when facing a less skilled opponent was them capitulate against a more determined team that played with a man less for a good portion of the game.... They were out worked and fought.... And it was embarrassing.

1 minute ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Sorry I don't accept the explanation that he 'broke' his finger. Mourinho would want to see a tougher attitude from players like Joe Cole and robben when at chelsea. It made them better players..... Chilwell should not be given a pass..... He's on a lot of money to do a job... And at the moment a lot of the players are not showing any hunger or determination for that task.

It's not about taking Millwall idiots side, as those lot are delusional. It's about our team, the manager, most of our fans and the pundits can see we aren't showing as much determination as we should be.

Why is Ranieri asking for soldiers and gladiators? A lot of the time in combat sports like boxing, a boxer has to try and show a punch has not hurt him as bad as it has, as it will give the opponent confidence and even an opportunity. Even if chilwell was hurt he should be portraying a better attitude, like "I don't give f... " ....I'm going to play on and take a throw in just to show this abuse doesn't matter. I'm going to be more determined than the opponent....

What I saw from chilwell and the team when facing a less skilled opponent was them capitulate against a more determined team that played with a man less for a good portion of the game.... They were out worked and fought.... And it was embarrassing.

Really? You need fingers to throw a ball.

1 minute ago, whitlock said:

Really? You need fingers to throw a ball.

Did he officially "break" his finger? Or was it just hurt?

Either way, IMO he was just looking for a way out. Not taking Millwall's or morrisons side, just stating my opinion on what I saw during the game. Players who were less determined and out worked by a team playing with ten men. 

Chilwell along with others didn't really show they wanted to be in the contest, regardless of the "broken" finger or not. If you put on the shirt you should at least show some fight and determination... Personally I didn't see it from any of the team and it wouldn't surprise me if opponents look at our players like chilwell and think "these lot are easy".

Troy deeney said as much without sounding like Morrison earlier in the season. It's plan to see the players don't have desire, passion or determination during games. No one is playing for the manager and everyone is on a higher wage.... Recipe for a disaster.

I have a 16 year old daughter and it amazes me the situations she loses confidence in and relies on me to help out. Basic stuff like ordering in restaurants etc. One of the root causes is the way kids interact virtually more than physically these days. Now I get annoyed by the likes of King and formerly Gallagher backing out of challenges but taking a step back it doesn't surprise me if Chilwell aged 20 gets a bit overawed by the milleall crowd. Pretty sure there were plenty of adults who got scared after the game. 

He wont have played in that environment before. Call him out of it happens again as he should have learnt something from this experience. There are plenty of senior pros you can aim your anger at this season. For one there was no sign of the "Captain" at Millwall as far as I know 

20 minutes ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Did he officially "break" his finger? Or was it just hurt?

Either way, IMO he was just looking for a way out. Not taking Millwall's or morrisons side, just stating my opinion on what I saw during the game. Players who were less determined and out worked by a team playing with ten men. 

Chilwell along with others didn't really show they wanted to be in the contest, regardless of the "broken" finger or not. If you put on the shirt you should at least show some fight and determination... Personally I didn't see it from any of the team and it wouldn't surprise me if opponents look at our players like chilwell and think "these lot are easy".

Troy deeney said as much without sounding like Morrison earlier in the season. It's plan to see the players don't have desire, passion or determination during games. No one is playing for the manager and everyone is on a higher wage.... Recipe for a disaster.

He took them in the second half after they were taped up so you can't really say he was using it as an excuse. 

Bless Chilwell and his perfect hair.

I wonder how he would have got on in a game like this one? Especially at 7.00 minutes lol

Players these days. Honestly...

It's a bit of a cnutish thing to come out and say from Morison but it certainly explains a lot. Chilwell looked like a little boy on Saturday lost in a man's World, a 14 year old rather than a post teen.

Any truth in this though and it does show incredible mental weakness, in fact it's pathetic and would show he needs to man up, if you are going to play in the sporting arena you need to be able to perform under hostile conditions.

Apparently we have complained to the FA about our treatment on Saturday (fans,players and staff)

EDIT: and according to millwall we sent them an email this morning thanking them for their hospitality- if both these facts are true then our club is indeed being run like a back street brothel - which we couldn't score in either so that's handy!

This is embarrassing and gives arsenal to the lower league clubs that they play real football and we're sanitized and delicate. If we could just beat a league one side like we were supposed to because of the money and quality that we should have had, we wouldn't have to deal with this. But no, we didn't. Our manager billed us as underdogs, we were dross, and bowed down to a lower league club. And not just a lower league club, but Millwall with the most rough and tough reputation from 30 years ago.

I have no problem that Morrison is having his day in the sun. Good on him. Yet our fans are responding with some sort of superiority to Millwall without any reflection of how pathetic and entitled we're being.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Apparently we have complained to the FA about our treatment on Saturday (fans,players and staff)

EDIT: and according to millwall we sent them an email this morning thanking them for their hospitality- Hostility if both these facts are true then our club is indeed being run like a back street brothel - which we couldn't score in either so that's handy!

Fixed it for you ;)

He is a kid who may not have ever experienced any kind of intimidation as he felt at that point. He will grow, mature and learn from it. Well played to Benny for being protective and helping him out. I'm guessing everyone on here is super tough and never get scared or intimidated by anything or is t the old keyboard warrior syndrome? 

Archived