Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Maybe they just lost trust in ranieri. Some strange decisions on top of previous strange decisions. perhaps the change of formation before Sevilla was the final straw. especially when we looked so much better when we went to the prepared set up. 

They may not have been looking. would seem neglectful given our circumstances but not impossible 

Maybe the case but surely we have to have contingency plans in place. It just seems we do not plan for things to occur. 

Just to add to that Pearson and Mancini are so different in terms of their styles, management, tactics etc. I think the management need to establish what "philosophy" we want going forward and establish a shortlist based on that.

I feel so dirty even thinking about Pearson coming back here! lol

I do see why some are keen to have him back. I mean he is off his rocker and a prickly nobhead, but he knows the players and the club so well and if anyone could get us playing with some energy and desire again, then it's him... but.. Pearson?!! Surely not. I don't think the owners would want to go back there and I doubt he would even want to come back and work for the owners who sacked him in the way they did. 

Hiddink or Mancini for me or a very unrealistic O'Neill

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I do see why some are keen to have him back. I mean he is off his rocker and a prickly nobhead, but he knows the players and the club so well and if anyone could get us playing with some energy and desire again, then it's him... but.. Pearson?!! Surely not. I don't think the owners would want to go back there and I doubt he would even want to come back and work for the owners who sacked him in the way they did. 

Think that's a bit of a myth. We played like shit for most of the great escape season until the rule book went in the bin and we just played with wild abandon.

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah just ignore the rest of his time here. Not a myth at all

Not at all. Just stating that we were bereft of ideas that season too. Only Pearson could get away with 'bad luck' for 8 months of the season. Always makes me laugh when people say we played really well that season and just didn't get the rub of the green. It's like Will Smith has been on here an erased memories. No other manager in Leicester history would be excused 8 months on terms of 'bad luck'. We were shit for most of that season, as we are now. We had other bad runs under Pearson to. To assume he would come in and magic a good run is just as deluded as any other name being banded around here. No football team has bad luck for 8 straight months, it's called being shit or lacking in tactical quality. 

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Not at all. Just stating that we were bereft of ideas that season too. Only Pearson could get away with 'bad luck's for 8 months of the season. 

If I remember correctly we didn't lose by more than  2 goals all season so we had more ideas than we do this season. Performances were generally decent which was an opinion shared by pretty much every football pundit at the time. You can choose to remember things differently to support your agenda.

I don't think it's the right thing for him to come back personally but people like you that have such contempt for a manager that has brought so much success for the club is baffling. That's all I've got to say on the matter

10 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Basically anyone but NP for me

Just now, foxfanazer said:

If I remember correctly we didn't lose by more than  2 goals all season so we had more ideas than we do this season. Performances were generally decent which was an opinion shared by pretty much every football pundit at the time. You can choose to remember things differently to support your agenda.

I don't think it's the right thing for him to come back personally but people like you that have such contempt for a manager that has brought so much success for the club is baffling. That's all I've got to say on the matter

No contempt from me buddy, I will always appreciate what Pearson did for this club, it's just that I prefer to look forward and move on. I genuinely don't think Pearson has the tactical ability to win big at this level. He might be able to sort heads out, plant good roots but tactically I would always have reservations. 

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Don't know why we are even having the discussion yet. We all know Rudkin will **** about for the next three weeks and then end up asking any Tom, Dick or Harry to do it. 

Tommy Wright, Dick Advocaat or Harry Redknapp?

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

No contempt from me buddy, I will always appreciate what Pearson did for this club, it's just that I prefer to look forward and move on. I genuinely don't think Pearson has the tactical ability to win big at this level. He might be able to sort heads out, plant good roots but tactically I would always have reservations. 

I agree with you on that. If we are relegated this season  we could do not better than Pearson

Roberto Mancini joins Guus Hiddink as the front-runners to take over from Claudio Ranieri as Leicester manager 

• Roberto Mancini is in with a chance of a return to Leicester as the new manager 
  • Interim boss Craig Shakespeare can also stake claim for the job permanently
  • Mancini is joined by Guus Hiddink as the front-runners to take over the Foxes
  • Leicester players have come out and denied any role in ousting Claudio Ranieri 

Roberto Mancini and Guus Hiddink are the front-runners to take over from Claudio Ranieri at Leicester — with interim manager Craig Shakespeare's chances dependent on the team's performance against Liverpool.

On Saturday, Kasper Schmeichel and Jamie Vardy angrily denied Leicester's players influenced the sacking of Claudio Ranieri, while the club's Thai owners told the squad and remaining staff that Premier League survival now rests in their hands.

But director of football Jon Rudkin, chief executive Susan Whelan, vice-chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha and football operations director Andrew Neville have already drawn up a short-list. A new manager is expected to be appointed by the middle of this week, unless the performance tomorrow indicates that the team will respond to Shakespeare.

Mark drapers brother for the daily mail :ph34r:

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I agree with you on that. If we are relegated this season  we could do not better than Pearson

He would be a good candidate if we were in the championship, and I genuinely mean that. For me though, that is Pearsons level and as far as I'm aware, we are still in the Premier League and we still have 13 games left. It is salvageable with the right man. 

19 minutes ago, The Mighty String said:

Laurent Blanc is a free agent ??

Got an amazing record with the 3 teams he has managed. Would he go from PSG to relegation threatened Leicester though?

Would favour Mancini, Hiddink due to their experience in the League but Blanc would be a another big appointment! 

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

I don't know what it is but Leicester and Pearson are meant to be. 

We all know Big Nige loves  LCFC and he always seems to have unfinished business. I also feel he may have learned a lot from his experiences

He hasn't learnt a thing - he's too pig headed, and that's why he should never return. 

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

What makes Rowett a better option than Pearson?

Well, in terms of immediate impact nothing, pearson probably has the upper hand. 

In terms of potential Rowett I believe has more, Nigel is limited by his ego and approach, it's no secret many players felt he was sometime bullying and many players not happy with his tactical approach until it came to desperation in the final 9 games. 

I love the man but remember vividly his poor tactical choices consistently, bizarre changes and poor media skills. 

I'd take Nigel for the final 13 and possibly more if he gets us on a run, not sure I'd want him for another 5 years. 

3 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

If Shakespeare can get a victory against Liverpool would you give him the job until the end of the season?

Personally no. Against Liverpool, yes maybe that new manager thing might spur us on, but let's not forget, throughout the last few years he has been the link between manager and players. It's hard to manage anyone you are friends with over a period of time. Maybe that's why Sir Alex was so successful. He was nobody's friend within the squad. Purely the boss. I don't think Shakey commands the same respect. The term that he's liked among the players doesn't sit well with me, when you're scrapping for your survival

13 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

If Shakespeare can get a victory against Liverpool would you give him the job until the end of the season?

No we need a high profile manager if we stay up 

so we can hopefully dump the Morgans of this team and attract decent players 

good players imo are attracted to high profile coaches

mancini hopefully for me 

also in my view he will have to much affiliation with our old guard and won't risk anything new

A new coach with a new perspective wouldn't be afraid to dump Morgan and cl if they can forge an alternative 

Shakespeare I think would stick with Ranieri's formulae of sticking with last yrs players regardless of results 

time wil tell I guess 

but new blood needed in coaching for me 

Archived