Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

Mancini was 5/4 just two evenings ago so I don't think there is any substance in Pearson being next manager. Although Nige is available I can't believe the owners would go back there given the reasons for his last dismissal. More chance of Nigel Farage than Nigel Pearson. We have to wait till whoever goes shorter than 1/3 to believe it. Have to laugh that Mourinho is 100/1 with Bet365. There's a better chance of us winning the league again next season than Jose taking over. 

11 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Someone just told me they have a friend at the club and it is increasingly looking like Roy Hodgson...you read it here first (probably)

**** I hope you're wrong. Jesus christ. I think I'd take a break from Leicester if so.

It seems a shame that as a fanbase we are somewhat divided between pro and ani-Pearson factions, with some (at the extremes) determined to believe that the title win was his work and others that it was all Ranieri. The reality will be somewhere in between. It is no criticism of Pearson to suggest that he'd never have won the league with the same squad, nor is it one of Ranieri to declare that he benefited from the infrastructure built under Pearson. I'm sure both managers would be happy to accept those things themselves.

I was, and remain, very disappointed that Ranieri was sacked. I think it was the wrong decision for the club to make. But he was sacked and we move on. I was also disappointed when Pearson was sacked. I thought it was the wrong decision to make. It just goes to show how wrong you can be.

If Pearson is reappointed I'd welcome him. I liked him being our manager and he did a fantastic job. Ranieri's  subsequent achievement doesn't detract from that. I'd have happily had Ranieri here until until he retired. At the end of 2014/15 I had the same view of Pearson. Things may not have worked out for him elsewhere but I remain a fan; we know what he is capable of given the right level of support, and importantly for a manager like Pearson who is not an "impact" manager, time.

Is he my first choice? No. But would he be a good one? I think so.

1 minute ago, Nickfosse said:

I'm lukewarm about Hodgson, but if the last 20 months have taught us anything then surely it's not to judge a manager on a poor international record. 

Did an almost identical job at West Brom as he'd be asked to do here. Would like to hear Vardy and Drinkwater's views on him.

9 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

**** I hope you're wrong. Jesus christ. I think I'd take a break from Leicester if so.

Hodgson would be my first choice. There are younger managers who I feel are better long term choices; Wagner and Monk, for example. But their preferred playing styles would be no good to the likes of Huth and Morgan. We'd go down and they'd need to be given time to rebuild in their styles and get us back up. Fine if that's the philosophy (I don't believe that relegation would be a disaster) but if it is then we may as well have stuck with Ranieri.

Hodgson was a terrible England coach but it's a completely different job to managing a mid-sized club to Premier League respectability. He has proven he is very capable of achieving the latter with both Fulham and West Brom. He also conducts himself very well publicly; a trait which I, and more importantly, the owners appear to value and is probably why the powers that be thought so long and hard about removing Ranieri.

6 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I'm lukewarm about Hodgson, but if the last 20 months have taught us anything then surely it's not to judge a manager on a poor international record. 

I never rated him before that such an uninspiring appointment if true 

1 minute ago, LJS said:

Hodgson would be my first choice. There are younger managers who I feel are better long term choices; Wagner and Monk, for example. But their preferred playing styles would be no good to the likes of Huth and Morgan. We'd go down and they'd need to be given time to rebuild in their styles and get us back up. Fine if that's the philosophy (I don't believe that relegation would be a disaster) but if it is then we may as well have stuck with Ranieri.

Hodgson was a terrible England coach but it's a completely different job to managing a mid-sized club to Premier League respectability. He has proven he is very capable of achieving the latter with both Fulham and West Brom. He also conducts himself very well publicly; a trait which I, and more importantly, the owners appear to value and is probably why the powers that be thought so long and hard about removing Ranieri.

What a horrible prospect. It was bad enough watching England.  

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Did an almost identical job at West Brom as he'd be asked to do here. Would like to hear Vardy and Drinkwater's views on him.

To be fair, he selected Vardy before his goal scoring record run, so saw something in him. Didn't he also attend a lot of our games when he was England manager so should have an idea of what we are about?

4 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

To be fair, he selected Vardy before his goal scoring record run, so saw something in him. Didn't he also attend a lot of our games when he was England manager so should have an idea of what we are about?

He'll sure get a shock to see how they've changed! 

Archived