Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

The more I think about it, the more I want Shakey to fill in until the end of the season and see where we are.  

If Claudio really was the problem then Shakey and the senior players have enough quality about them to get us out of the mess we are in.

Just now, nnfox said:

The more I think about it, the more I want Shakey to fill in until the end of the season and see where we are.  

If Claudio really was the problem then Shakey and the senior players have enough quality about them to get us out of the mess we are in.

Some logic in this ?

4 minutes ago, Mease said:

Yep, work mate of mine was fuming when he got the push. Most Blue Noses were very happy with Rowett according to him.

Good to know. I'd be pretty happy with him personally, I watched them a couple of times under him and the football was pretty dour, but clearly the 'pretty' football approach under Zola hasn't been the way to go. Instantly turned them around when they were an absolute mess under Lee Clark. Seems a good bloke too, someone the players would like but respect and you just can't knock his records with Burton and Brum

Giving the job to Rowett is like hey we don't mind our old situation, small club don't know what we were thinking, let's yo yo back in PL and out again if we are optimistic. We are happy with that. Let's forget we won the PL. differing opinions and I must respect them all. 

1 minute ago, esoog said:

Giving the job to Rowett is like hey we don't mind our old situation, small club don't know what we were thinking, let's yo yo back in PL and out again if we are optimistic. We are happy with that. Let's forget we won the PL. differing opinions and I must respect them all. 

Everything we have done from May onwards points to this anyway.

20 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

If the owners had the balls to get rid of Ranieri then i don't think for one second they would be in anyway shape or form be interested in Rowett.

They are obsessed with a "name" and would never go for an up and coming manager if you ask me.

I hope they change that outlook.

48 minutes ago, Goober said:

Good to know. I'd be pretty happy with him personally, I watched them a couple of times under him and the football was pretty dour, but clearly the 'pretty' football approach under Zola hasn't been the way to go. Instantly turned them around when they were an absolute mess under Lee Clark. Seems a good bloke too, someone the players would like but respect and you just can't knock his records with Burton and Brum

Sometimes you have to use what you've got the best way you can. With better and more creative players you get more opportunity to play a better style.

Pearson got called negative as he always tried to lay those foundations first. But I saw some incredible attacking football under him.

I've nothing against up-and-coming managers but, apart from the financial aspect, the risks are greater.

Make no mistake, our owners are in this game for two things - money and glory. Without either or both, the headaches and outlay wouldn't be worth the headaches.

And the more experience a manager has got the more people he knows and the easier it is likely to be to bring worthwhile footballers into the club - providing he's been successful and assuming he's still hungry for prizes. . 

I also think he needs to have a top class coach in tandem - the sort of guy who can see what's happening tactically within a game and commands the respect to make changes but also the kind who can take individuals or groups of players and improve them either personally or collectively. 

There's lots of examples at Leicester of players not using their abilities to the fullest effect or even making the best of their basics - and that's before we even start on the collective problems.      

And given that the manager wouldn't have time to front the coaching himself, though he may insist on some guiding principles, I find it hard to see how any manager could do without a top coach and complimentary coaching staff so that the club can move forward as a unit.

Would any "up and coming" manager have such staff who'd feel at ease at Prtemiership level?  

Romantic as the idea might seem, it' might well be asking for trouble. Apart from a genuinely brilliant exception. 

Archived