Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

3 hours ago, ttfn said:

The idea that Shakespeare should be given until the end of the season is plain daft.

There's way too much at stake here to give a managerial novice a 13 game stretch at managing the club.

People will say "he knows the players" but everything we've seen and read over the past few weeks and months suggests that the cosiness and comfort of the players is a huge part of the problem. 

He also has to be massively tainted by what's happened this season - if we're going to give Claudio the heave ho and replace him with somebody who by his own admission has been working just as closely with Ranieri this year as the year before that just doesn't make sense. Whatever happened to collective responsibility?

Give him the Liverpool game and, if absolutely necessary, the Hull game. But even if he walks off with 2 wins from 2 the owners have to take a pragmatic approach and get an experienced head in to lead the coaching staff until the end of the season.

I would say exactly the opposite if that happens stick with him he knows the players and apparently they all like him then make sure you get the right Manager at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

In no particular order, these are the managers on the odds who stand out for me:

Shakespeare

Rowett

Monk

Wagner

Di Matteo

Monk??  Is that Gary, Harry or a Thai Monk??

Eduardo Berizzo is doing a cracking job at Celta Vigo and he is a disciple of Marcelo Bielsa like Mauricio Pochettino is. He has turned Celta Vigo into a solid La Liga side comparable to Southampton in this country. And he guided them to a 6th place finish last season. Also has a reputation for being excellent in the transfer market, signing players like Sisto and Aspas for peanuts. He would be perfect for a long term project. 

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Eduardo Berizzo is doing a cracking job at Celta Vigo and he is a disciple of Marcelo Bielsa like Mauricio Pochettino is. He has turned Celta Vigo into a solid La Liga side comparable to Southampton in this country. And he guided them to a 6th place finish last season. Also has a reputation for being excellent in the transfer market, signing players like Sisto and Aspas for peanuts. He would be perfect for a long term project. 

He should stay with them then. More than enough disloyalty here without poaching other club's managers.

3 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I would rather take a gamble on someone like this; Wagner or Rowett than a has been. Someone who can build a project at Leicester.

Tim Sherwood Appointed Manager Of Leicester City

Tim Sherwood Leicester

Tim Sherwood has been appointed manager of Leicester City on a 5 year deal following the sacking of Claudio Ranieri. Having won the Premier League with Blackburn Rovers in 1995, Sherwood believes he is the right man to rebuild confidence at the King Power Stadium.

Passion

Sherwood“It’s about passion,” the former Spurs midfielder told Soccer on Sunday. “Some managers demand 110%, but I demand 120% from my lads. That extra 10% is what gives my teams an edge. Surprised nobody else has thought of it before. I’d ask for 130%, but I did that once during a reserve team game at Villa and 6 or 7 players died. So the FA asked me to cap it at 120%, for health and safety.”

“The fans can forget tippy-tappy football,” added Sherwood. “If they want to see pretty things, go to a Girls Aloud concert. People say the ginge doesn’t pass muster, but I’d throw her a length of Sherwood prime sausage. Especially if the other four weren’t keen, the uppity mares.”

“Tactics?” said Sherwood. “Veins bulging out of temples is what Leicester Town needs, not tactics. I’ll inspect every temple on matchday, and if there isn’t a vein I can pull away from the skull and twang like a rubber band, that player won’t be available for selection.”

Medals

SchmeichelFoxes Goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel admits that the new manager is intense.

“We were told to bring our league medals to the landfill in Gypsum Close this morning,” he told Soccer on Sunday. “The gaffer said the past is the past, and chucked them all in. We thought it was just symbolic, but then he reversed up a cement truck and poured 18 tonnes of cement in on top.”

“There’s a chance Dannydrinkwatersy might have fallen in,” added the Dane. “One minute he was there, and the next he wasn’t. No one’s seen or heard from him since. If he did topple in, at least he’s buried with his medal. Still sad though, in my book. It’s never nice to see a teammate getting buried alive by Tim Sherwood.”

Archived