Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Player Power

1 hour ago, tickler28 said:

Biggest let down in my opinion is Mahrez.......I single him out because other players massively overperformed last season due mainly to Kante....He on the other hand is just lazy and invisible these days....Not worth his place on the starting XI.....Am ashamed by his attitude

As much as I agree with you, and I do because Mahrez is that one player who can make things happen and has failed to raise his game. 

His professionalism has been a joke, notorious for being late and always seeming to dick around with Slim... shouldn't the manager be 'managing' these players better to ensure this type of complaicency doesn't continue? 

21 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There's no scapegoat now lads. Carry on playing like cvnts and there's no one to blame but yourselves. Can see the crowd really turning if the results continue - there's no more goodwill left. 

Tru dat.

22 minutes ago, MaxR said:

Got lucky hahaha

Don't be absurd. Winning a premier league title is NEVER lucky. How can you be so foolish? He inherited a team with good spirit and kept it going. The players overachieved. You're telling me if Pearson was in charge we would have the won the league? Ranieri may as well have not even been there in your arguement.

Yep ok fair enough but what I'm trying to say is that he inherited a team which is very different from building a team from scratch and for this Pearson still deserves respect.

For sure Ranieri guided the team to the Premiership and didn't tinker as everything was ticking along nicely.

But to say he should have stayed until the Summer is nonsense as he was getting us relegated for certain.That is a fact that you can't argue with and the players new it as well.

Only a fool would wish relegation on this great club and every effort should be made to keep our status in the Premiership?

The only way of achieving this was getting rid of him as Greece did.

We now have a chance of giving Seville a contest in two weeks time as with Ranieri they would have torn us apart again at home.

I also understand that winning the Premiership was truly unbelievable but let's not forget no one turned up last season so there was an element of default in us winning it but was still truly remarkable but this season has made it look like a fluke.

I simply don't blame the players as they are controlled by the Manager and it is very obvious that they didn't get what he was blathering on about.

Morning all life long City fan, first  time post first manager was the great Jimmy Bloomfield 

seen a few go was upset when we lost MON

but today feel so upset over this sacking of CR 

yes we seen some rubbish this season 

so I have a dilemma I need help with on Monday do I cheer on the players that got CR sacked and therefore support what has happened 

or my preferred option go for the Gandhi silent protest 

we are all aware Sky put all the money in for Vardy and the like to take home 

can't we origanise to stay outside the KP for 5 mins after kickoff as a show of suppprt to CR 

the all come in singing The CR song 

Most who turn up do a silent protest every week. Cheer the lads on, they're also responsible for the title you enjoyed so much last season.

Edit. Also the longer and CR chants etc go on the more it damages us as a club. If you want Leicester City Football Club to do well then forget Claudio, it's done.

Whether you like it or not our only chance of staying up is now backing the players, the caretaker manager and the incoming manager to stay up.

We had to chance to strengthen over January, we didn't, so now we're relying on our current squad. If the current squad feel Ranieri was restricting them, then unfortunately the only way we get the most out of them is that he had to go.

Call it player power, injustice, even if you don't agree with it, it had to happen to get the best out of this group.

Ill sing Ranieri's name on Monday, he deserves appreciation, but I'll also be singing every song that follows, now more than ever we need to back the team, back the owners and back shakey.

6 minutes ago, Pfaff man said:

Morning all life long City fan, first  time post first manager was the great Jimmy Bloomfield 

seen a few go was upset when we lost MON

but today feel so upset over this sacking of CR 

yes we seen some rubbish this season 

so I have a dilemma I need help with on Monday do I cheer on the players that got CR sacked and therefore support what has happened 

or my preferred option go for the Gandhi silent protest 

we are all aware Sky put all the money in for Vardy and the like to take home 

can't we origanise to stay outside the KP for 5 mins after kickoff as a show of suppprt to CR 

the all come in singing The CR song 

Do you support Leicester City Football Club? 

If yes, there's your answer whether you should 'cheer' the players and support the team get out of the mess we're in. 

We know these players have character- we've seen it time and time again over the years. They were our heroes before Ranieri, bouncing back from the play-off heartbreak to win the championship, and surviving when all pundits had pronounced us dead and buried. 

There was obviously something massively wrong, and if they did go to the owners to voice their complaints, I can only imagine that they had already tried to speak to Claudio with their complaints falling on deaf ears- it's the only explanation which makes sense in my mind. 

My point is that we need to give them the benefit of the doubt. What's happened is sad, and it really shouldn't have come to this, but we may never know the real reasons for it. The fact is that we have given ourself a fresh start, have a group of players who have been here before and have enough games to save ourselves. We need to put any doubts of their character to one side and get behind them.

13 hours ago, MaxR said:

Self explanatory really

If Mr Vardy and co had some scheme to upend Ranieri's reign they need to take a long hard look at themselves. What they overachieved last season is a feeling 95% won't ever get again. You could argue this season is where we're meant to be. To our owners this club is an investment. It's a results business and I get that. But stick with the man until the summer.

Could this be a case of player power? Is modern football really run by the manager anymore? This post is done out of pure spite in all honesty.

Claudio will always be remembered by this club for last season. It's a fairytale. Some of the things our "fans" have said about him recently is a bloody disgrace.

Like what? That he had to go for the good of the club? I've honestly seen no one insulting the guy while the players are being called every name under the sun. 

12 hours ago, robski said:

That's utter nonsense.

Ranieri has been clueless all season and should of gone weeks ago.

How can the players perform when they are obviously struggling to make any sense of what Ranieri is going on about.

He says nothing in any interview that makes any meaningful sense and has a poor command of English which will impact on what he is trying to convey to the players.

The performance last night was woeful and God only knows how we came away with only 2-1 defeat.

We should of been thrashed 6-1.

As far as I am concerned he inherited the inform team in the premiership and had very little to do with guiding them to the title and got lucky.

A great manager is one that galvanises a team, adds players to strengthen the team and builds confidence and gets results, something that Ranieri has failed in all areas and was single-handedly destroying what Leicester had achieved over the last two seasons.

As much as I welcomed his appointment as a huge coup when we signed him, if we were to get relegated it would be catastrophic as we would lose our keys players and set us back years on a rebuilding programme.

We all know that it is incredibly difficult to get out of the Championship and I only hope that the owners have left the incoming manager enough time to save us from relegation.

"As far as I am concerned he inherited the inform team in the premiership and had very little to do with guiding them to the title and got lucky."

You don't win a league title because you get "lucky" over 38 games.

They aren't slaves you know. They have the right to voice their displeasure with the results and play style. If I was vardy I would be mad because I am 5'10" battling 6'2"-6'3" CBs for hoof balls. If I was mahrez I would be mad because I am so isolated, playing out of my comfort zone and being forced to help on defence while getting almost no help on the offense. And if I am one of the CBs I would be mad because the midfield is leaving too much space that is getting them exposed while not coming down to pick up the ball, and by that they are forced ( the CBs) to hoof the ball. And if i'm Kasper I would be mad because other team are getting to my area too easily. Claudio is a legend. But, just watching a Leicester game can make you see that the problem is deeper than just players, it is tactics.

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

Everyone turn away from the pitch when they come out, and only sing chants about the club not players, players who are not loyal and don't deserve loyalty 

Yeah, because 20 goals a season striker is underperforming on purpose. Or the defence is letting goals on purpose. Or..or.. The pfa player of the season is thinking that 3 goals (all pens) and two assists will give him a better chance of playing in a big club..

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

Yeah, because 20 goals a season striker is underperforming on purpose. Or the defence is letting goals on purpose. Or..or.. The pfa player of the season is thinking that 3 goals (all pens) and two assists will give him a better chance of playing in a big club..

Not putting the effort in, is on purpose, wether they wanted to play for Claudio or not, if you don't give 100% at this level, you get beat.

They have all been shit all season, and after showing what they can do, if it was just out of form, players play themselves into form, so for me, they have chosen to sulk, and disagree with Claudio tactics, and not give their all.

Archived