Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Do you believe we are staying up

Are we staying up   

274 members have voted

1. 1. Are we staying up ?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Hard to see us staying up after such a poor season.

If we can get something from the Liverpool game it could happen.

But everything we seem to do lately goes wrong.

Will our luck change? I am not sure.

All city fans need to keep the faith and get behind the team. We can stay up and we will. 

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

So you're arguing we'll go from collecting 21 points in 25 games to collecting 18 points in 13 games tension-packed games when we're hardly likely to be free-flowing but more likely seeking to cling on desperately to any lead we get - with all the attendant risks of that policy.

Of course it's not impossible and we've done it before but the fact of us doing it previously only goes against the likelihood of a repeat and especially as we just don't have the same momentum we had then, or last season when we were relishing every challenge.

The best hope for me is the form of our nearest rivals. Sunderland. Hull and Middlesbrough won't be offering their fans any more hope than us so it might be that our proven history of being able to get results against decent teams might help and, if so, that might negate the slips we're certain to have against basement rivals already mentioned plus already reviving Crystal Palace, who may well beat us in London.

I think 15 rather than 18 points is more realistic, And that means a really tight finish, the sort that could easily be decided by a bad refereeing decision.    

Good assessment. You could be right but I hope you're WRONG!

Hmmm... I don't think 15 points is going to be enough :(

The only thing that fills me with optimism is that we have collected 21 points by playing relatively poorly.

If our form improves (and that's a big "if") we will definitely pick up the points that we need.

All weekend the pundits have been saying that the players are ordinary and that this is where the team belongs - down near the bottom.

I'm not sure I'd totally agree with that assessment, but in the next few months we will find out just how good these players are.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 08:11, Col city fan said:

I've said we'll just about stay up, all season.

This is based upon the KP...I still think we'll just win enough at home.

Its also about how poor the other teams are, especially Sunderland.

This isn't to say we are any good....we aren't. We are shite.

Watching the highlights on MOTD this am and looking at how Everton controlled the midfield yesterday with Guana Gueye running the show.

We have Mendy and Amartey. We are rubbish.

:thumbup:

Thank God that changed...

On Sat Feb 25 2017 at 18:51, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes.  I can see us turning over Liverpool on Monday night.

I can also see us getting a positive result at home against Sevilla which will continue to spark a mini revival.

You're only as good as your last game and if we start as we ended the last game with that same intensity, we will be fine. 

5 wins required from 13.  Turn over Liverpool and Hull and that'll be 3 wins required from 11.  Easily doable.

You got the midweek lotto numbers mate?

On 25/02/2017 at 18:51, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes.  I can see us turning over Liverpool on Monday night.

I can also see us getting a positive result at home against Sevilla which will continue to spark a mini revival.

You're only as good as your last game and if we start as we ended the last game with that same intensity, we will be fine. 

5 wins required from 13.  Turn over Liverpool and Hull and that'll be 3 wins required from 11.  Easily doable.

Oracle

On 25/02/2017 at 19:16, FLAN said:

Not sure what Shakespeare can do. He's been there throughout and surely had some influence. I don't envisage any major personnel changes so what's gonna happen???

You should have used your imagination

I apologise for all my mid-Jan doom mongering R word posts...And hats off to all those who kept the faith when mine waivered. That weird Ranieri muddled, anti-football is an ever decreasing memory and I am back in a happy place :D 

Honestly, this is the first time I've enjoyed watching City in the league for over a year (this time last year was too stressful and this season has been too awful).  

Bring on April and May... :scarf:

• 1 month later...

Archived