Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Do you believe we are staying up

Are we staying up   

274 members have voted

1. 1. Are we staying up ?

• Yes
    • No

I think we're probably doomed, but I do have some hope now. I didn't think there was any chance we'd survive before Ranieri was sacked, but now a few things have changed that could make the difference.

Old manager out, Shakey in charge, players under attack from all directions, which could unite them or wake them up, new manager incoming, dropped into bottom 3. One or all of these things could potentially be the spark we need. I can't wait for Monday to see if anything is different on the pitch.

Struggling to believe we can stay up now. We needed to see some kind of spark a few weeks ago, and just hasn't happened. 

After the way Claudio has gone too, I think it will be hard for the players to not keep feeling sorry for themselves. 

Confidence is so low, and that can't be underestimated on how much of a negative impact that is having on all areas of our game. 

The new manager will be so key. We need a huge lift from somewhere, and I don't think the Claudio sacking alone, will be enough.

I think it will be between us, Hull, Sunderland and Middlesborough. 

Hull seem to be responding to their new manager well, but they are still short of players and quality and also had some injuries recently.

Sunderland have stuck with Moyes but little has changed. Defoe will always give them a chance though, but I think they are just too weak and will be one of the 3.

Boro are solid but just can't seem to score enough goals and I would think that will cost them eventually. 

If we can have a similar upturn like Hull did with their manager change, then we may just have enough but no matter what manager comes in, we will still have a woefully slow back 4, leaking goals, a midfield that seem incapable of passing and an attack that just isn't scoring. As Vichai said, we don't have 1 problem.. we have a million! Huge job for any new Manager to come in and change all that. 

Sunderland and Boro to drop.. with us scrapping it out with Hull for 17th.. as depressing as that sounds!! 

29 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think we're probably doomed, but I do have some hope now. I didn't think there was any chance we'd survive before Ranieri was sacked, but now a few things have changed that could make the difference.

Old manager out, Shakey in charge, players under attack from all directions, which could unite them or wake them up, new manager incoming, dropped into bottom 3. One or all of these things could potentially be the spark we need. I can't wait for Monday to see if anything is different on the pitch.

Exactly why I think the owners made the decision. We are in desperate need of a spark from somewhere one of those things or a combination of them all, just might do it for us. 

Not doing anything, would have been more of a risk, so at least now we have more ways of causing some kind of positive reaction! 

I think it may have to come from a new Manager, but Monday should be a good indication of that. Another poor performance and loss, then it's all on the new manager!! 

42 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Struggling to believe we can stay up now. We needed to see some kind of spark a few weeks ago, and just hasn't happened. 

After the way Claudio has gone too, I think it will be hard for the players to not keep feeling sorry for themselves. 

Confidence is so low, and that can't be underestimated on how much of a negative impact that is having on all areas of our game. 

The new manager will be so key. We need a huge lift from somewhere, and I don't think the Claudio sacking alone, will be enough.

I think it will be between us, Hull, Sunderland and Middlesborough. 

Hull seem to be responding to their new manager well, but they are still short of players and quality and also had some injuries recently.

Sunderland have stuck with Moyes but little has changed. Defoe will always give them a chance though, but I think they are just too weak and will be one of the 3.

Boro are solid but just can't seem to score enough goals and I would think that will cost them eventually. 

If we can have a similar upturn like Hull did with their manager change, then we may just have enough but no matter what manager comes in, we will still have a woefully slow back 4, leaking goals, a midfield that seem incapable of passing and an attack that just isn't scoring. As Vichai said, we don't have 1 problem.. we have a million! Huge job for any new Manager to come in and change all that. 

Sunderland and Boro to drop.. with us scrapping it out with Hull for 17th.. as depressing as that sounds!! 

So what you're  saying is, apart from all that lot, is, we're  safe and sound.

LIVERPOOL (H)

HULL (H)

ARSENAL (A)

WEST HAM (A)

STOKE (H)

SUNDERLAND (H)

EVERTON (A)

CRYSTAL PALACE (A)

SPURS (H)

WBA (A)

WATFORD (H)

MAN CITY (A)

BOURNMOUTH (H)

Lose against any of our main relegation rivals and I think we're doomed. Last game of the season could be a decider.

Five wins and three draws should be enough, as long as we beat our closest rivals in each game.

Aside from our relegation rivals, I think we can beat Stoke, West Ham and Watford.

Draws against Everton, Albion and Spurs.

I think we will definitely lose against Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City.

Looks tough, but I think we can do it!

No! The players will now be feeling the pressure more than ever. 

They're getting world wide media coverage yet again but this time for the wrong reasons & I personally believe some of them will not be able to cope with that pressure on top of trying to find a way to put an end to their current shite form!  

36 minutes ago, lee7 said:

No! The players will now be feeling the pressure more than ever. 

They're getting world wide media coverage yet again but this time for the wrong reasons & I personally believe some of them will not be able to cope with that pressure on top of trying to find a way to put an end to their current shite form!  

I think the opposite and they'll find the form to  say screw you to all the negative crap being thrown at them. 

Yeah, we'll stay up 

1 hour ago, biggs said:

I think the opposite and they'll find the form to  say screw you to all the negative crap being thrown at them. 

Yeah, we'll stay up 

Obviously I hope you are right. For the sake of the club! 

38 points I think will do. 5 wins and a couple of draws, meaning we can still afford to lose 6 more this season, so not exactly high pressure yet. We have the home fixtures in our favour to do something about it. If we can get back to the home form that saw us sweep away Palace and Burnley earlier, we have a good chance. We need to start setting up for away games though to try and grind out points rather than dilly ding dilly dong cavalier approach.

I've said we'll just about stay up, all season.

This is based upon the KP...I still think we'll just win enough at home.

Its also about how poor the other teams are, especially Sunderland.

This isn't to say we are any good....we aren't. We are shite.

Watching the highlights on MOTD this am and looking at how Everton controlled the midfield yesterday with Guana Gueye running the show.

We have Mendy and Amartey. We are rubbish.

I'd never want us to be relegated but I can't help but feel a little bit of f*** you rise up when I think of the overpaid spoiled brat players lining up against MK Dons or some such next season. Wonder if Okazaki will still be getting coverage in Japan for that or Vardy's movie will still be worth watching?

If the players step up we can survive.  Need a consistent team now. 

Personally the defence remains our weakest link, but don't think we can change much in short term and need to pick a defence that is consistent throughout the remaining games, maybe adding Chillwell instead of Fuchs, and possibly replace one of central pair with Benny or Wolly. 

Going to need Ndidi and Amartey covering the defence and be on good form. Drinkwater playing further ahead of these two, with Gray and Mahrez on the wings. With Vardy  upfront. 

Going to be a challenging few weeks, but need the fans behind the team if we are to survive.  

We've given ourselves a chance. As long as Claudio's replacement is good enough, we know we've got the capability to win plenty of games in a short space of time. Hull, Watford, Sunderland, Bournemouth to play at home- start performing anywhere near our levels and we'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Aside from Mahrez and Kasper who is going to want them? 

If we go down, I think some sucker like West Ham will take Vardy. Drinky will think Man U will come in for him but end up at Burnley. 

We will probably keep Ndidi until Jan.

All the rest not sure.

We need to be minimum the 4th crappiest team, at the moment I believe we're the crappiest, so we need to improve and quick.

We can do it, Sunderland, Borough and Bournemouth are the teams I believe we can be less crappier.  Next 2 matches will define the rest of the season for me.

9 hours ago, Kaewbudda said:

LIVERPOOL (H)

HULL (H)

ARSENAL (A)

WEST HAM (A)

STOKE (H)

SUNDERLAND (H)

EVERTON (A)

CRYSTAL PALACE (A)

SPURS (H)

WBA (A)

WATFORD (H)

MAN CITY (A)

BOURNMOUTH (H)

Lose against any of our main relegation rivals and I think we're doomed. Last game of the season could be a decider.

Five wins and three draws should be enough, as long as we beat our closest rivals in each game.

Aside from our relegation rivals, I think we can beat Stoke, West Ham and Watford.

Draws against Everton, Albion and Spurs.

I think we will definitely lose against Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City.

Looks tough, but I think we can do it!

So you're arguing we'll go from collecting 21 points in 25 games to collecting 18 points in 13 games tension-packed games when we're hardly likely to be free-flowing but more likely seeking to cling on desperately to any lead we get - with all the attendant risks of that policy.

Of course it's not impossible and we've done it before but the fact of us doing it previously only goes against the likelihood of a repeat and especially as we just don't have the same momentum we had then, or last season when we were relishing every challenge.

The best hope for me is the form of our nearest rivals. Sunderland. Hull and Middlesbrough won't be offering their fans any more hope than us so it might be that our proven history of being able to get results against decent teams might help and, if so, that might negate the slips we're certain to have against basement rivals already mentioned plus already reviving Crystal Palace, who may well beat us in London.

I think 15 rather than 18 points is more realistic, And that means a really tight finish, the sort that could easily be decided by a bad refereeing decision.    

Archived