Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Melbourne Fuchs

Atlético Madrid 3-1 Sevilla

Clearly Sevilla were still down after their loss to us but Atletico looked really good and make no mistake the two games against them will be extremely tough. we have a chance and if the players play to their full potential you never know what can happen. we all have so much hope it just depends on the day!

After only 30mins in the second leg vs Sevilla I thought the Spanish outfit looked physically fooked!! I believe our fitness levels are top end and we will need to be fresh against them, if we're full of energy like we have been we will have a decent chance...

we looked fooked the last 20 v West Ham so hopefully this break has come at a good time

9 hours ago, Atletico supporter said:

You should not be. In fact we are deciding if we should quit competition before being humiliated by you. 

May be in next hours the Club will communicate this terrible decision. Good luck in semi finals

I really hope the whole of Athletico are as cocky as this poster.   Lets wait and see what happens over 2 legs.

I'm worried for Vardy in this game. He's coming up against the best centre half of the last 10 years in my opinion in Godin

They've got top quality throughout, Carrasco, Gameiro, Koke, Gabi, and the quite brilliant Griezmann

LCFC need to give everything to go through, even at home. They definitely won't be complacent under Simeone.

15 minutes ago, M0901 said:

I'm worried for Vardy in this game. He's coming up against the best centre half of the last 10 years in my opinion in Godin

They've got top quality throughout, Carrasco, Gameiro, Koke, Gabi, and the quite brilliant Griezmann

LCFC need to give everything to go through, even at home. They definitely won't be complacent under Simeone.

I'd say it's not just Godin, even though he is class. It's the defensive set up that simione has implemented.

13 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Atletico is the modern day Arsenal of La Liga.  But, unlike Arsenal, they have won something recently.  I'd say we should worry, but not because of them beating Sevilla. Underestimating them would be daft.

Their style of play and mentality is the complete opposite to Arsenal. 

22 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Atletico is the modern day Arsenal of La Liga.  But, unlike Arsenal, they have won something recently.  I'd say we should worry, but not because of them beating Sevilla. Underestimating them would be daft.

I don't think the comparison is any way appropriate.

With relatively limited ressources and in a few years, Simeone has set-up an extremely well organized team of warriors, with an iron discipline, not afraid to play ugly when they must, defending to the last man and where the collective is placed above everthing else. Beautiful football is not their thing. They're putting every year an even fight against the two colossus Real and Barca, who have no equivalent in the Premier League and didn't finish below third. Won the Europa League the first season Simeone and twice Champions league finalist in the last three years. 

Couldn't be further than Arsenal.

17 hours ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Thought they were bang average to be honest, about West Brom level :ph34r:

You don't think West Brom are world-class? :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Atletico, be a harder nut to crack, and I think the first leg will be critical. Now, if we could draw it --------- :rolleyes:

No probs... Huth n Fuchs, will have prepared their Nutkrackers...

Atletico are an experienced team in Champions League football, having reached the final in two of the last 3 seasons. They are capable of beating Europe's Big Three (Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich). Therefore it will be a tough game.

However we have nothing to lose and will go into that match with the spirit of last season still fresh. Play to last seasons level, then I feel we could get something out of this game.:scarf:

3 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

3 hours ago, MarkDeVirus said:

Their style of play and mentality is the complete opposite to Arsenal. 

arsenal are the top 4's coventry, this is the season they get relegated. You watch, strachan will be managing them next season. 

16 hours ago, KFS said:

Wtf is this

Ironic mode on folk; Attending to comments in many forums, you are in semifinals...

Never underestimate your enemy (if that word exists in english, sorry). You can enter Atletico forums...and will discover that we repect you very much, though you are the 14th in your league, and we won you in the past several times. This is football, and everything can happen.

52 minutes ago, Atletico supporter said:

Ironic mode on folk; Attending to comments in many forums, you are in semifinals...

Never underestimate your enemy (if that word exists in english, sorry). You can enter Atletico forums...and will discover that we repect you very much, though you are the 14th in your league, and we won you in the past several times. This is football, and everything can happen.

If you're coming onto our forum it's the rules that you direct us to the best pubs, restaurants, and nightlife in Madrid. :thumbup: Also architecture and museums and art galleries because we're dead cultured, only hull are more cultured than us in the uk lolThanks in advance. 

Oh, and are you bringing your ref to our place again ;)

Archived