Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Melbourne Fuchs

Atlético Madrid 3-1 Sevilla

The thing is, Sevilla came into the game with a bit of over confidence. The pre match comments, the distinct lack of respect and when we came out all guns blazing they didn't know what hit them. I don't think Simeone is as stupid as Sevilla managers. This will be a much harder game against a much better team.

i for one hope they think we are shit and we run them into the ground!

The match before they played us, they were booed by their own fans. After they played us, their form was unlikely to improve. Seville are ahead of Athletico in the table, but Athletico look the better team currently. We'll probably have to tighten our game!

7 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

I don't think the comparison is any way appropriate.

With relatively limited ressources and in a few years, Simeone has set-up an extremely well organized team of warriors, with an iron discipline, not afraid to play ugly when they must, defending to the last man and where the collective is placed above everthing else. Beautiful football is not their thing. They're putting every year an even fight against the two colossus Real and Barca, who have no equivalent in the Premier League and didn't finish below third. Won the Europa League the first season Simeone and twice Champions league finalist in the last three years. 

Couldn't be further than Arsenal.

Arsenal is in the top four year after year.  So is Atletico..but in a league that is better than the prem.  So yes, they are better and different from Arsenal...but like them perennially at the top...So worry.

This is a team in the last three seasons that has won La Liga and been in two Champions League finals. In fact they were only a 93rd minute equaliser and a penalty shoot out from winning it twice in the last three years.

They're most likely better than any side in England for a good few years. They're really under performed in the league this season but they still won their group beating Bayern Munich on the way.

It might be a really bad draw for us to play such a solid defensive team but we might have a squeak if this tie is a really low scoring affair.

When I saw atleti was going to play against Leicester I came to this forum and i was really surprised. I saw many messages talking about how easy Atleti was going to be (comparing it with the others) I've seen a lot of comparison between atleti and sevilla, you are wrong even comparing them, they are in two different levels. We wont be confidence ni any moment of both matches because we know your merits as we know it wont be an easy rival but CL is an obsession for the club, until Leverkusen this was being the worst simeone's season and (almost) everybody thought this was the end. But football is so unfair, and I think this year we'll get it (Ironically in our until now worst year as Madrid last year ora Barcelona in 2015). I hoce you'll the Madrid's journey but we are going to fight until the end.

I hope you'll understand my english but as you suppose I'm spanish and it isn't my stronger point?. 

16 minutes ago, atleticodemadrid said:

When I saw atleti was going to play against Leicester I came to this forum and i was really surprised. I saw many messages talking about how easy Atleti was going to be (comparing it with the others) I've seen a lot of comparison between atleti and sevilla, you are wrong even comparing them, they are in two different levels. We wont be confidence ni any moment of both matches because we know your merits as we know it wont be an easy rival but CL is an obsession for the club, until Leverkusen this was being the worst simeone's season and (almost) everybody thought this was the end. But football is so unfair, and I think this year we'll get it (Ironically in our until now worst year as Madrid last year ora Barcelona in 2015). I hoce you'll the Madrid's journey but we are going to fight until the end.

I hope you'll understand my english but as you suppose I'm spanish and it isn't my stronger point?. 

Absolutely no one thinks it's going to be easy, we're just very confident in our team while accepting that you are very much the favorites. Nothing but respect for the way Atletico have done things over the last 6/7 years personally

On 3/19/2017 at 19:38, TheUltimateWinner said:

Only we decide the result over the two legs. Turn up and I genuinely believe we can beat anyone.

Maybe they are thinking the same?

What happens if we both 'turn up'?

Personally i think its a huge advantage having the second leg at home... it completely dictates our tactics for us - we can defend like crazy first leg and keep it tight, maybe catch them on the break? then just be all over them like a bad rash 2nd leg...

29 minutes ago, atleticodemadrid said:

A lot of straw clutching from our fans largely based on your league position behind Sevilla.

You just have to look how Spain have dominated European competitions over the last five years or so to know this will be a difficult task for us. Also you have won La Liga and got to within a whisker of winning the Champions League twice in the last three season. Anyone who can compete on even terms with Barcelona and Real Madrid on the pitch for the last few years has to be given the utmost respect. 

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Maybe they are thinking the same?

What happens if we both 'turn up'?

Both teams will undoubtedly turn up. Simeone's been talking about the pain of marginally losing 2 CL finals and their players being motivated by that.

TBH I think it's a shit draw for both teams. We are essentially a copy of them, destroying high possession teams with the high energy press, but less effective in possession against teams that sit back. Neither side has really played a similar team to each other in our respective leagues. I think it will come down to tactics. Will either side change tactics to try and suit the opposition? I suspect we won't and they will. Let's see how that works out.

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

Both teams will undoubtedly turn up. Simeone's been talking about the pain of marginally losing 2 CL finals and their players being motivated by that.

TBH I think it's a shit draw for both teams. We are essentially a copy of them, destroying high possession teams with the high energy press, but less effective in possession against teams that sit back. Neither side has really played a similar team to each other in our respective leagues. I think it will come down to tactics. Will either side change tactics to try and suit the opposition? I suspect we won't and they will. Let's see how that works out.

I think you'll see them hold the ball a bit better and that will win them the tie. Not their preferred tactic but I imagine in the Calderon it'll get them a result and then they will look to play more conventionally at the King Power and get an away goal, which I don't think we will manage at their place, but you never know, did not see one coming in Sevilla but we got one out of nowhere.

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

A lot of straw clutching from our fans largely based on your league position behind Sevilla.

Yep.

A lot of our fans would be properly outraged if a foreign football fan thought we'd be an easier game than the likes of Bournemouth or Watford.

Speaking on a webchat for the French journal  l'Equipe, Griezmann said this about Leicester:

“Upfront they have pace with Vardy, [Riyad] Mahrez is a great player. At the back they're strong. It will be tough to get past them."

Thia season we are a bit different, our defence isn't at his best moment and we are suffering it, offensively this is the best Simeone's year that's why I think in the Calderón we are going to try to score so many goalsas we'll be able to. If you park the bus it will be harder for us, gameiro is lethal when there's space but against an ordered defense he suffers. I think both are the most excited teams with the CL and the Calderón and KP will be a hell for the rival. If we keep failing in both areas (If you are interested you should watch the match against Sevilla, it could be a 5-0 and al the end 3-1) you'll have many opportunities.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think you'll see them hold the ball a bit better and that will win them the tie. Not their preferred tactic but I imagine in the Calderon it'll get them a result and then they will look to play more conventionally at the King Power and get an away goal, which I don't think we will manage at their place, but you never know, did not see one coming in Sevilla but we got one out of nowhere.

I'm wondering if he will consider Slimani for the away leg to start. I feel like we will need an outlet to hold the ball up a bit so all 9 other outfield players will be able to get out of our penalty box... and should we still be in it after 60 minutes he might swap him out for Okazaki just to put them under a bit more pressure..

I agree  the  match against atli Madrid will need players who control the  balk  which is not  the case of  Okazaki and Albrighton , these two  players pays like Shlupp with energy and are  a  championship payers even their scored  goals are 1/10  even vardy struggle to pass on a one to one  and we  all saw oka and especially Albrighton who lost the  ball when he  got to make  a  dribble    

Ranieri mistake was his lack of success by buying talented players and to not give  more time to Chilwell and gray ( the  future of the  club ) Albrighton Okazaki vardy huth are limited  players should  e  sold with slimani and  musa this coming summer 

And build a  new team since leicetervis nearing the 40 points with the coming matchs in April 

Hope the man players get  rested  with the busy schedule before the CL 

Archived