Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Stoke post match 2-0.

Great performance - once again, the same sort of feeling that we had in games last season. Everyone doing their job, chasing down the opposition, some nice interplay and regular forays into the opposition's box.

Just shows what might have been, had we adopted this approach at the start of the season, and bought wisely to improve a Premier League Champions side. I really think we would have finished comfortably in the top six. Stoke came here today as though they were a really good side, that were hard to beat - we absolutely destroyed them. To think that West Brom are ahead of us! What a missed opportunity Mr Ranieri!!

Benalouane did well. Only weakness is ball watching in the penalty box - happened last week and again this - allowing a striker to get a sight on goal. Overall, he did well and I would imagine that he will play in the next two games to give Morgan time to recover for the Athletico game.

Not sure about Shakey's tactics of bringing on Amartey for Okazaki and playing much deeper. We had the beating of Stoke, and we should have put Slimani on instead.

Ndidi is absolute class. We thought we would never find a replacement for Kante. There will, obviously, only ever be one Kante but Ndidi has enormous potential to match or even go beyond him.

Fantastic.

This is the real City!

Looking good and after all the moaning, worrying, it is actually turning into a good and acceptable season!

Wonderful stuff.

Onto Tuesday, a win is a must and we must be about safe then, you'd like to think!

Missed this match, was out bowling so had to make do with the latest scores reel at the bottom of a dodgy projector feed of SSN in the bar area.  Was expecting the honeymoon impact to start dropping off about now so I'm buzzing to hear we dominated proceedings.  Bring on the Sunderland.

11 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

But ain't English :unsure:

The quote was

" Shakey will be on his own if we beat Sunderland will be the only manager to win 5 in a row ".

No mention of nationality there whatsoever. So Guardiola having won 6 makes that claim false.

If, for a second, we do include the 'English' criteria, then he's already on his own as no other English manager has won 4 in a row, let alone 5...

32 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Another solid win. Showed great quality especially in the first half, more open in the second with a few nervy moments but all in all a good performance.

Back five were excellent, Benalouane looked comfortable and read the game well, Simpson & Huth put in MOTM worthy performances. Ndidi & Gray were excellent too. Thought Drinky & Mahrez were pretty average though today.

On a nice little roll, bring on Sunderland!

Absolutely spot on. I agree with all of this.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Brilliant win. Never looked in doubt. Two beautiful goals 

It looked in doubt to me when their wrongly disallowed goal went in and Crouchy missed two headers from almost under the crossbar. Exactly why we reduced ourselves to such mediocrity escapes me. It was worse than watching the finale against Millwall.      

Guest CityFan 06

Excellent win. Solid performances from the whole team. Ndidi; magnificent strike and another top performance from him today.

Benalouane slotted in expertly alongside Huth, who was also superb. Notable mentions aswell to Simpson (who was my Man of the Match), Gray, Okazaki and Vardy. There's no reason we can't carry this momentum on for a top ten finish, or at least top half I'd have thought with the way it's going. Important thing is, we're looking highly likely to survive now, we keep pulling away from the relegation places.

Can't help but keep thinking we missed an opportunity this season though, if we performed like this earlier in the season we'd probably be in and around the 12-8th positions. Part of that is because I feel the competition and quality of teams in the top half/ten positions hasn't been as high as previous years in the Premier League. I mean, we can still achieve a high finish and with the rate it's going we are looking like doing that. There's definitely still a chance for a high finish from now on in.

The Shakespeare revival continues. 5 wins in 5. An undeniable impact. Makes me all the more glad he got the job for the rest of the season, and it could go beyond that if we keep this up.

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

It looked in doubt to me when their wrongly disallowed goal went in and Crouchy missed two headers from almost under the crossbar. Exactly why we reduced ourselves to such mediocrity escapes me. It was worse than watching the finale against Millwall.      

The time that Shakespeare takes to make subs, will backfire someday. He takes way to much time to make them. And in big games that can be costly.

Important that we gave away very few free kicks in range today limited their threat.

I have to disagree on Mahrez he was right on it maybe four shots on target himself . It doesn't look good when he stays really wide and seemingly isolated but that's where the space and the one to ones come .Shaky knows what he is doing everyone seems to know their role.Four nil would have been reasonable.

Guest CityFan 06
10 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Okazaki MOM for me,and hold up play was fantastic,he compliments vardy and vide versa

Spot on. 

Thought he was exceptional today, as you say his hold up play was magnificent, as well as his technical ability on the ball. Made a number of tidy turns and linked it up very well.

2 months ago, if Drinkwater was that quiet we'd have ramshackled him, anyway, we won.

Full praise to the club for identifying the problem and finding a solution.

If 33 points is still a relegation battle, then we've made it the tightest battle ever.

Really can't see the drop now, at all!

8 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

The time that Shakespeare takes to make subs, will backfire someday. He takes way to much time to make them. And in big games that can be costly.

I'm not convinced any of our subs benefitted us today.   

lol all the people slating Mahrez today, wtf are you on?

He was significantly better today - he created several chances, made some direct runs and tracked back and defended well on several occasions. He quite easily could have had 1/2 goals and several assists. 

Jokers, some people have really got it in for him on here. smh.

2 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

lol all the people slating Mahrez today, wtf are you on?

He was significantly better today - he created several chances, made some direct runs and tracked back and defended well on several occasions. He quite easily could have had 1/2 goals and several assists. 

Jokers, some people have really got it in for him on here. smh.

Should have squared it to Vardy to make it 3-0 though.

Another day that could come back to bite us.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Should have squared it to Vardy to make it 3-0 though.

Another day that could come back to bite us.

Ifs, buts and maybes. He was entitled to have a shot - it was only last week he put one into the far corner like that.

On another day yes, but it wasn't - it was today, we won 2-0 comfortably and it didn't do any harm. 

I love a bit of negativity but **** me, people really do like to dig deep to find something to moan about on here. 

13 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Spot on. 

Thought he was exceptional today, as you say his hold up play was magnificent, as well as his technical ability on the ball. Made a number of tidy turns and linked it up very well.

He only lacks goals imo,but is ability to hold the game up creates goals in itself,vardy needs Okazaki up top with him,it's a no brainer,he takes so much pressure off vardy with his work rate meaning vardy can preserve his stamina for the up and overs and through balls,if slimani was up top with him I don't think we would look anywhere near as affective

Looked great today. Had a great view of Wilfs goal was an absolute corker. Jamie's goal wasn't bad either.

How bollocks are Stoke, though? Berahino looks a stone overweight and their midfield is devoid of any quality whatsoever. If i were them I'd say get rid of Sparkey cus he's doing nothing with them.

How gutted would you be as a Stoke fan to know your plan B is to bring on Peter Crouch and chuck hopeless crosses into the box. 

It's almost like some sort of joke tactic out of a christmas cracker. 

5 years ago maybe but it's ****ing 2017 lol.

Archived