Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Stoke post match 2-0.

Re leaving early there were quite a few empty seats I thought which made it look worse

I left about one minute early to make sure my daughter got to work on time and a group of friends left because they run a pub near the ground and wanted to be there to serve post match drinks to the rest of you.

I'm not keen on it but there are all manner of reasons folk try to get away quick.Promise Ill stay to the end on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Need a cb but otherwise we look good. This team won the league last year!

I'm aware this team won the league last year, but it was the shock of all shocks. 1 CB to finish in the top 6 is extremely optimistic, reinforcements are needed as you stand still an others overtake you. Just important to get the right recruitment, this will keep every player in the squad on there game knowing someone with equal ability can come in an take your place prevents complacency.

2 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

It's amazing how quickly opinions change, 6 weeks ago a lot of people wanted a clear out after impending relegation ( not saying it was u personally). I believe this team is strong but the par level of this team is 8th-12th for me, an a few wins can get people carried away the other way. If we bought 2 CBs a RB an a striker however then yes, we would definitely be top 6 contenders, have to have quality cover in all areas in case of injuries/suspensions.

To be fair, people wanted a clear out because players looked past it (Wes, huth and Fuchs looked like they'd all aged a decade over the summer), or because their body language made them look like they didn't want to be there (drinkwater in particular), the body language is much improved and, particularly in the case of Fuchs, they look like they've found their legs again

5 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Ndidi controlled the game. Man of the match for me. 

Just wish he'd drive forward with the ball more often when the space is there! Quality.

So has N'didi now fully replaced Kante?  Who is looking likely to be Player of the yer at Chelsea.  Is it N'didi's form that has really been the turning point for this resurgence for us?

1 minute ago, Hack said:

So has N'didi now fully replaced Kante?  Who is looking likely to be Player of the yer at Chelsea.  Is it N'didi's form that has really been the turning point for this resurgence for us?

Vardy equally so. Just like last season, he sets the tempo for us and when he is on it, so is the team. N'didi has been fantastic though. 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sky wouldn't have it!

I wish I'd had us to come top half though. We look unstoppable. I fully expect us to win all of our home games barring probably Spurs and maybe pinch another away win too.

A month and a bit ago I saw no way out. Today felt as routine as it gets.

Shakespeare's done fantastically well. He could well get it beyond this season.

Shakespeare is the constant with all the most recent management be it Pearson and CR.  He clearly has been the real driver of what makes the team tick and has been more than just influential in team and game management during the last 6 years. He clearly is now the man for the job.  

5 minutes ago, Hack said:

Shakespeare is the constant with all the most recent management be it Pearson and CR.  He clearly has been the real driver of what makes the team tick and has been more than just influential in team and game management during the last 6 years. He clearly is now the man for the job.  

Or more likely he's learned what makes the team tick from his time working as the assistant manager to God and subsequently Claudio.  The rest I agree with.

2 minutes ago, Hack said:

Few of the ex players like Kevin Philips and Dean Hammond have come out and said as much from when they were here. I think as long as we continue with these much improved performances, and he genuinely has ambitions to take this club forward, then he should absolutely get a fair shot at it. The more I hear about him from insiders and pundits, the more I like what I hear. Can't remember which ex pro said this, but they mentioned how they did his badges with him, and he was very impressed by him then, commenting on how thorough he is and how much work he does with the players to prepare them. 

I think care taker managers, often struggle to make the grade, especially in the Premier League, but hopefully Shakespeare can be one those to buck the trend. The players obviously enjoy playing under him and as long as these peformances continue, the owners will be less and less tempted to go for a big name Manager they often seem to crave! 

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Or more likely he's learned what makes the team tick from his time working as the assistant manager to God and subsequently Claudio.  The rest I agree with.

I don't want to turn this into another one of those debates but seriously? 

I'm still a little worried about the subs, unless there's a logic I'm failing to understand, and Gray with a little less selfishness will be sublime. If we can gain another three from Sunderland, they'll be a little breathing room.

22 minutes ago, Hack said:

No I think Claudio leaving has been the turning point. Ndidi started his Leicester career with 5 loses under Claudio. Now every player knows their role and the whole team seems reinvigorated. Its also not a coincidence that Vardy's form has picked up as Shinji's come back in to the team.

I liked the quote from Grey "when we play at our best not many teams can live with us" As much as the media don't like it we're a very good team and when we play well, only Europe's elite teams can match us.

4 minutes ago, sm1 said:

No I think Claudio leaving has been the turning point. Ndidi started his Leicester career with 5 loses under Claudio. Now every player knows their role and the whole team seems reinvigorated. Its also not a coincidence that Vardy's form has picked up as Shinji's come back in to the team.

I liked the quote from Grey "when we play at our best not many teams can live with us" As much as the media don't like it we're a very good team and when we play well, only Europe's elite teams can match us.

I love this comment. The amount of pundits declaring how average and poor our players were, was quite astonishing. Jamie Carragher and Michael Owen get a special mention who again and again, said that "they just aren't very good players" and last year was "a fluke" and "a lot of these players are not much better than your average championship ones". Also, basically suggesting that Claudio had single handedly turned us into Premier League winners and without him, we were nothing. Well.. I would like to hear what they have to say now, as we are making very decent teams and players look incredibly average when we outplay them like today. Hopefully when we finish as high as 10th, Michael Owen can also stop patting himself on the back for declaring that we would get relegated at the start of the season. Something he was very smug about when we were in our slump. 

Not that I'm bitter or anything.. :)

43 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Few of the ex players like Kevin Philips and Dean Hammond have come out and said as much from when they were here. I think as long as we continue with these much improved performances, and he genuinely has ambitions to take this club forward, then he should absolutely get a fair shot at it. The more I hear about him from insiders and pundits, the more I like what I hear. Can't remember which ex pro said this, but they mentioned how they did his badges with him, and he was very impressed by him then, commenting on how thorough he is and how much work he does with the players to prepare them. 

I think care taker managers, often struggle to make the grade, especially in the Premier League, but hopefully Shakespeare can be one those to buck the trend. The players obviously enjoy playing under him and as long as these peformances continue, the owners will be less and less tempted to go for a big name Manager they often seem to crave! 

I would like to see Shakey stay as manager for next season. If the powers to be get someone else in then Shakey is out of job and IMO that would be a big mistake to let him go. The players obviously respect this man and we are playing well why try and fix it if it's not broken. Does that make sense 

I know, after Claudio left I was astonished at the out pouring of hateful vitriol aimed at us, the players, Shakey, the owners and the fans. Lost all respect for everybody in the media. The only person I heard offering a rational point of view was Arlo White on East Midlands News and that's only because he's a fan too.

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I know, after Claudio left I was astonished at the out pouring of hateful vitriol aimed at us, the players, Shakey, the owners and the fans. Lost all respect for everybody in the media. The only person I heard offering a rational point of view was Arlo White on East Midlands News and that's only because he's a fan too.

add to that, Steve Nicol from ESPN FC. Hopefully they are feeling rather smug now, agreeing with many of us that it was the right decision. 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Outrageous comments. Was a very good performance against a decent Stoke team, and yes we could have scored a few more goals, but we were miles better than them and Hughes even admitted that. If you are finding fault with a 2-0 win against 9th in the league (bearing in mind our form post Shakespeare) you should maybe manage your own expectations a little better!!!

I thought we were better in our previous games under Shakespeare. Stoke might have decent players, but none bar maybe Allen showed up today. As I did mention (had you bothered reading my last sentence), I am not complaining. I'd take this sort of performance and result each week. We were clearly much better than Stoke and the only fault is that we didn't win by a bigger margin.

10 minutes ago, shen said:

I thought we were better in our previous games under Shakespeare. Stoke might have decent players, but none bar maybe Allen showed up today. As I did mention (had you bothered reading my last sentence), I am not complaining. I'd take this sort of performance and result each week. We were clearly much better than Stoke and the only fault is that we didn't win by a bigger margin.

You are complaining though.

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Fair point.  Claudio made to many changes to what worked last year with fundamentally the same team. Shakey doing what worked and what the players know and understand and are comfortable with. But as we ll know it was a huge loss in Kante and probably precipitated the change in tactics.  N'didi has come in now and made the same tactics and style work well.  Huge shoes to fill but he is doing it well and gives the team the confidence to play the way they know.

2 hours ago, dynamark said:

Re leaving early there were quite a few empty seats I thought which made it look worse

I left about one minute early to make sure my daughter got to work on time and a group of friends left because they run a pub near the ground and wanted to be there to serve post match drinks to the rest of you.

I'm not keen on it but there are all manner of reasons folk try to get away quick.Promise Ill stay to the end on Tuesday.

I suspect Vaz stayed until the end.... Great to see him behind the Birch in the Directors' Box. Great man we are lucky to have him.

Whats missing from this topic, taking in the fact we have had a wide spectrum of opionions...

The Stoke goalkeeper was brilliant , great anticipation and downright excellent shotstpping...

This weird idea that Mahrez and Gray were somewhat greedy, I totally disgree, one instance where maybe

Mahrez should of squared it. For me these 2 with Vardy have a carte Blanche to shoot if a gap opens up.

Those 3, with Albrighton give us the tact and drive forward, no use asking them to be aware of teammates,

though albrightion is more a stop n check player, and Vardy can produce some great layoffs and crosses,

for me they see they go, they shoot, we aint Chelsea or Barcelona, the assists will occasionally be there.

Plus I reckon Shakey has told Gray, just to go for it. If has mentioned the oppo gk hadnt had a blinder,

both would have had 2 a piece at least.

I for one want to see these 2 to pull out the shots, before March it seemed nobody dared to have a pop..

It wouldnt suprise me to see Albrighton to be given longer to recover, and he returns for the CL top fit.

Just to put the next preverbial cat among the pigeons, I dont want Morgan to get back into the side, just

because he maybe game fit.At the moment the back 4 is working, yes there are slip ups and could of beens,

but no worse, than 'with'  Wes.  Benny and Huth Combo are more than adequate.There will be goals against,

but we shouldnt be too hasty to spring, when one of them does slip up...it happens sometimes, or goals wouldnt

be scored..

1 hour ago, worthosoriginals said:

You are complaining though.

No, I'm saying we didn't play at the same level as we have done in the previous matches, but declaring myself satisfied with the result and performance. If that constitutes complaining, then someone's oversensitive.

Archived