Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Stoke post match 2-0.

4 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

2 months ago, if Drinkwater was that quiet we'd have ramshackled him, anyway, we won.

Full praise to the club for identifying the problem and finding a solution.

If 33 points is still a relegation battle, then we've made it the tightest battle ever.

Really can't see the drop now, at all!

Winning always earns a bit of slack. But we shouldn't kid ourselves or start assuming things. Our first team might be back but I'm not sure where our reserves have gone. It still surprises me that King and Ulloa are never used but can only guess it's about Shaky looking to the future. Whatever, our subs made minimal impact today and that's a concern to me even though our relegation situation improved a little more.       

I know that this forum absolutely love Gray but I didn't think he was MOTM today. Too many times he made the wrong choice (experience will fix this). No idea why we kept letting him boot corners as hard as he could either.

Thought Huth, Okazaki and Ndidi were the best players for us. Vardy, Benny, Fuchs and Gray behind them.

2 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

Shakespeare isn't some short-appointed caretaker who's been some uninfluential backroom staff member for a year or so; he's been a crucial part of our setup over a period of many years - he knows the players, the club and the setup more than anyone else probably, at this current time. He's been training with these players and learning about / implementing the tactics that make them tick for approaching nearly 10 years (aside from short break at Hull). 

You make it sound like he rocked up yesterday.

Maybe Shakespeare was Pearson's brain too?

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Winning always earns a bit of slack. But we shouldn't kid ourselves or start assuming things. Our first team might be back but I'm not sure where our reserves have gone. It still surprises me that King and Ulloa are never used but can only guess it's about Shaky looking to the future. Whatever, our subs made minimal impact today and that's a concern to me even though our relegation situation improved a little more.       

I share the skepticism over the subs. Amartey is good in the air, but didn't seem to know where he was to play, perhaps King would have been better for Shinji, to play as no. 10, or Ulloa to hold the ball up. 

Overall a good day at the office. Ndidi is a real star. 

Interesting that so many people have different players for MotM.  Goes to show what a good team performance it was. 

Pleased to see Okazaki making himself a handful today.  I have been one of his biggest critics, I hope he keeps it up.

37 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

2 months ago, if Drinkwater was that quiet we'd have ramshackled him, anyway, we won.

Full praise to the club for identifying the problem and finding a solution.

If 33 points is still a relegation battle, then we've made it the tightest battle ever.

Really can't see the drop now, at all!

You thought he was quiet?

pushing up to play the Okazaki role when slim came on doesn't suit him and was noticeable how our midfield wilted last 10 once he played further up. I thought he and wilf did ok together. 

Okazaki did really well today.  Spent little time on the floor and had some excellent touch.  Ndidi is the real deal.  Excellent all round performance and did well in the air against crouch when benny couldn't get a sniff.

Gray did well and is improving. Not the finished article yet but a solid display from him today.  Over hitting his corners so often though is disappointing. 

Thought the ref did well today although I hear the offside was incorrect.

Shawcross v Gray was a yellow card all day long.

Crouch v Okazaki though... I think the ref was thinking of sending Crouch off but wanted to see the amount of damage Oka had sustained.  Honestly if Shinji stayed down, Crouch would have gone.  Okazaki too honest though, it was a reckless high tackle.

29 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I share the skepticism over the subs. Amartey is good in the air, but didn't seem to know where he was to play, perhaps King would have been better for Shinji, to play as no. 10, or Ulloa to hold the ball up. 

Overall a good day at the office. Ndidi is a real star. 

When Amartey went on you could see Shakey mouthing to Drinky that he has to push up whilst Ndidi and Amartey sat as holding midfielders. Drinky didn't do this so we ended up with 3 sitting midfielders in front of our defence, so basically 7 players in around our penalty area. This left huge spaces for Stoke to attack us in and they really should have scored. I agree King should've been brought on for Drinky as he is naturally more attacking and Drinky wasn't having a good game anyway.

I also think that Chilwell should have been brought on earlier as Arnatovic was causing real havoc on the left and Fuchs was in grave difficulty several times. We needed 2 on him.

Overall I think subs is the only weakness so far for Shakey, but you can't argue with the results and performances. In parts we look unstoppable. Vardy & Shinji, both outstanding and two of the most unselfish people on the pitch, I think Grey & Mahez should take note. MOTM Simpson, simply outstanding.

5 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Overall I think subs is the only weakness so far for Shakey

I'm yet to understand the logic behind having Vardy on the edge of the six yard box when defending a corner, we bring everyone back for corners now but having Vardy there means no chance of a counter. We found different ways of scoring today though so no worries for now :D

I've never seen a player that can run at such speed with the ball like Gray. It's like he glides. 

I also disagree with the opinion he has poor work rate. He tracks back and isn't afraid to tackle. One moment that stood out was when he just took a corner in the first half and Stoke were going to counterattack and he sprinted as fast as he could to intercept the player. Ref gave a free kick for some reason but great desire to get there.

2 hours ago, Sand cats said:

I'm not sure if Vardy and Mahrez would leave Leicester City in transfer window now, it's clear that Leicester city is the best team in premier league easy win go leicester.

Are you American by any chance ?

3 minutes ago, Slim Dog said:

I've never seen a player that can run at such speed with the ball like Gray. It's like he glides. 

I also disagree with the opinion he has poor work rate. He tracks back and isn't afraid to tackle. One moment that stood out was when he just took a corner in the first half and Stoke were going to counterattack and he sprinted as fast as he could to intercept the player. Ref gave a free kick for some reason but great desire to get there.

He did today, that hasn't always been the case.

1 hour ago, daz*dsb said:

Ifs, buts and maybes. He was entitled to have a shot - it was only last week he put one into the far corner like that.

On another day yes, but it wasn't - it was today, we won 2-0 comfortably and it didn't do any harm. 

I love a bit of negativity but **** me, people really do like to dig deep to find something to moan about on here. 

Image result for you dont say

14 minutes ago, sm1 said:

When Amartey went on you could see Shakey mouthing to Drinky that he has to push up whilst Ndidi and Amartey sat as holding midfielders. Drinky didn't do this so we ended up with 3 sitting midfielders in front of our defence, so basically 7 players in around our penalty area. This left huge spaces for Stoke to attack us in and they really should have scored. I agree King should've been brought on for Drinky as he is naturally more attacking and Drinky wasn't having a good game anyway.

I also think that Chilwell should have been brought on earlier as Arnatovic was causing real havoc on the left and Fuchs was in grave difficulty several times. We needed 2 on him.

Overall I think subs is the only weakness so far for Shakey, but you can't argue with the results and performances. In parts we look unstoppable. Vardy & Shinji, both outstanding and two of the most unselfish people on the pitch, I think Grey & Mahez should take note. MOTM Simpson, simply outstanding.

I am in the East Stand so didn't see Shakey speaking to DD, but that fits. 

I though his subs in other matches a bit iffy too, West Ham in particular. 

Still, not complaining much! 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I know that this forum absolutely love Gray but I didn't think he was MOTM today. Too many times he made the wrong choice (experience will fix this). No idea why we kept letting him boot corners as hard as he could either.

Thought Huth, Okazaki and Ndidi were the best players for us. Vardy, Benny, Fuchs and Gray behind them.

Agree, a fair few things for him to work on, but running with the ball at speed he looks outstanding. 

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Another solid win. Showed great quality especially in the first half, more open in the second with a few nervy moments but all in all a good performance.

Back five were excellent, Benalouane looked comfortable and read the game well, Simpson & Huth put in MOTM worthy performances. Ndidi & Gray were excellent too. Thought Drinky & Mahrez were pretty average though today.

On a nice little roll, bring on Sunderland!

Agree with all of that.

All round a great performance and I thought everyone was at it today. With Albrighton missing we actually found another way to play, And the extra attacking options caused Stoke huge problems.

With the pace of Gray and Mahrez stretching them. Oki done very well playing the deeper role in midfield compared to his usual role. If only he was a Foot Taller.

The defence was very solid and well protected by Ndidi and DD. Benny done ok again and what I liked of him is that he never once went to ground to win a tackle. Huth was a rock all afternoon and it was like he was sending a message to Mark Hughes. That you let me go too early.

Kasper is different class now to even last Year. He's just on a whole different level now and we're so lucky to have him here. I really liked the way he came a long way out to catch and punch today. Something he wouldn't do even parts of last season. I just wonder is it the Coaching influence of Stowell or working with Zieller Whichever it's working.

It's obvious we still need an influential midfielder and maybe Silva is that man. But this team can go places if we just add a little more quality in the Summer. 

Archived