Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fifa 18

Its that time again where I google search most days for updates on FIFA 18.

What would you guys like to see this year ?

Personally i'd like:

- More management options - I love career mode and I don't think they go into the level of detail i'd like (somewhere in between football manager and fifa 17)

- Journey mode was good but very poorly executed in my opinion and i'm in two minds on if it'd like to see this come back. If they do i'd like them to completely ditch player mode in career mode in favor for more detailed Journey Mode

I never play any online play or buy 'packs' I know that gets the company a shed load of money so they are bound to improve that again

Yeah, I never play ultimate team so for me I'd really like to see more depth in management mode. It would be good if managers moved around, if the league were a little more realistic (I'm playing in the premier league at the moment and City keep finishing 10th-15th), one very small thing is I'd like to see club contribute towards wages when you are a small team and want to loan their players, I was at Oxford and United wanted me to pay 35k wages to a 19 year old loanee.

As a mostly offline player, I'd love to see them sort the AI out. I'd like the increased level of difficulty to mean I need to improve my squad and play better tactically. 

As someone's who's been playing this since the very first game, I know it won't happen.

41 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

As a mostly offline player, I'd love to see them sort the AI out. I'd like the increased level of difficulty to mean I need to improve my squad and play better tactically. 

As someone's who's been playing this since the very first game, I know it won't happen.

This. The AI is terrible, I think its got worse the past few years too. Just so boring to play against, as I just win most games 1-0 on legendary.

4 hours ago, Ian W LCFC said:

This. The AI is terrible, I think its got worse the past few years too. Just so boring to play against, as I just win most games 1-0 on legendary.

For me I'm lucky to win 1-0 on world class and if I do, it's more of a chore than it is fun.

I hate the "psychic" AI. They react to you exactly as you do something. If you move one way, they move with you, not in response but exactly as you do so. Try executing a sliding tackle.

I know true AI is impossible to achieve, but the way EA has it is just cheap and frustrating.  

Must admit I think this one is the best for quite some time. They did a patch and it actually made the AI attack you a bit more on legendary. I agree that before, it used to end 1-0 all the time. 

The new penalty and free kick systems poorly executed though. More stadiums and stuff I guess. 

50 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Must admit I think this one is the best for quite some time. They did a patch and it actually made the AI attack you a bit more on legendary. I agree that before, it used to end 1-0 all the time. 

The new penalty and free kick systems poorly executed though. More stadiums and stuff I guess. 

When was this patch? Not played offline for awhile so might give it another go...

28 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

When was this patch? Not played offline for awhile so might give it another go...

Probably talking a few months ago. Before, I agree - the AI would pass the ball around the back for 90 minutes and never bother going in to your half. Worth a try!

18 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Probably talking a few months ago. Before, I agree - the AI would pass the ball around the back for 90 minutes and never bother going in to your half. Worth a try!

Oh fair enough, I've probably played it then, I've moved to online seasons which is pretty fun apart from the occasional disconnect.

On 4/5/2017 at 16:15, cheshamfox17 said:

Yeah, I never play ultimate team so for me I'd really like to see more depth in management mode. It would be good if managers moved around, if the league were a little more realistic (I'm playing in the premier league at the moment and City keep finishing 10th-15th), one very small thing is I'd like to see club contribute towards wages when you are a small team and want to loan their players, I was at Oxford and United wanted me to pay 35k wages to a 19 year old loanee.

That happened to me, I was going to buy a player in the championship and they wanted 40 million for him and then he wanted like 70k wages

Won't be buying another FIFA for a long time. Nothing particularly wrong with 17 but nothing particularly inspiring about it either. PES is the more exciting game these days - just a shame the interface is a piece of shit. 

I'd have traded in 17 but seeing as it's got all the references to us being PL Champions in it I'm going to hang on to it for that alone.

Rocket League is all I need.  

I only play Ultimate team, so i hope there is some new additions to this...although there's no way they can add as much as they did this year.

Maradona, fat ronaldo, Zidane and Henry have been leaked to be in the game.

I'd like career mode to be a little bit less shit, and also an online mode where you can set up a league amongst you and you're mates. 

But other then that just generally making the game less terrible would be a start 

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I'd like career mode to be a little bit less shit, and also an online mode where you can set up a league amongst you and you're mates. 

That's a great idea. No way you could ever work at EA.

Think Fifa career has been killed for me. Usually do about 10 seasons with one team at least but haven't even finished the first with Leicester. It's just boring and predictable.

I only really enjoy pro clubs nowadays, and that could be improved upon. Usually play in a team but do drop-ins too. Drop-ins could be improved with two easy fixes: if you don't choose a position, you don't play and goalkeepers can't call for the ball if their team are past the half way line. This stops ***** playing as keeper to ruin games and try to get attention, and stops people being put in goal if they do not pick a position - which usually leads to them spoiling the game for everyone else. Also if your pro is not a keeper, don't let a left winger who is 78 rated choose goalkeeper. 

Get rid of momentum as it acts as scripting - either your team play like gods or like they've just been given wooden legs. I just want to play and win or lose know it's down to me not some shit ehind the scenes system. Won't be buying FIFA18 otherwise (currently auctioning FIFA17 on ebay)

Archived