Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Atletico Madrid (Away) Pre-Match Thread

Lets be optimistic :)

1-0 at the end of the first half for Leicester (goal or assist by Mahrez)

1-1 beginning of the second half.

Slimani enter at 69' and score 10mn latter (assist by Vardy)

2-1 to leicester

Just now, Rachik said:

Lets be optimistic :)

1-0 at the end of the first half for Leicester (goal or assist by Mahrez)

1-1 beginning of the second half.

Slimani enter at 69' and score 10mn latter (assist by Vardy)

2-1 to leicester

Slimani will need to score a hattrick to get a decent match rating :ph34r:

With storming performances from a rested Shinji and a goalscoring Ndidi, you then have one of the world's best wingers who always turns up for the big matches and another in the form of his life, and if Drinky bucks up his ideas you have a creative midfielder feeding one of the world's best strikers, with both strikers defending from the front never giving Athletico a moments peace. Fuchs was like a man possessed against Seville and Simpson has been a to rock who's even started assisting. Benny has happily learnt his lesson last match after becoming the centre back replacement we all craved, and Huth is more than dependable now Shakey has revered us back to our Premier League winning style. This'll be our biggest test, and it may be my heart talking, but I believe.

At the moment, the only team in the Premier League I'd think we would be guaranteed to lose against is Chelsea. Everyone else we would give a game and possibly win.

Are Athletico really that much better than Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City etc? They have a mystic because they are Spanish, but are they really streets ahead of the top Premier League teams?

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

At the moment, the only team in the Premier League I'd think we would be guaranteed to lose against is Chelsea. Everyone else we would give a game and possibly win.

Are Athletico really that much better than Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City etc? They have a mystic because they are Spanish, but are they really streets ahead of the top Premier League teams?

2 finals in 3 years says yes, they are streets ahead of anyone in the Premier League, unfortunately!

Remember being surprised at Leicester  making the quarter final stage of the fa Cup in 2005.

To be at the last 8 of the champions League is extraordinary. You have to say that we're up against it tonight as atletico Madrid are a very good side. 

Enjoy it gents. COYF! :scarf:

24 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Ignorant b****** at the end. Let's hope we smash them

I'd be showing the boys that 1 minute clip! We always seem to play better when angry. Craig Burley is the one who slated the players for Claudio's sacking. He wouldn't get anywhere near a pundit job in the UK as we all knew he was a shit player. 

Me and the Mrs have this thing where if one of us is working late when Leicester are playing, the other turns off all internet, sets the match to record and watch it together after 10pm when the other is home as if it's live.

Tonight is my turn to wait and it's going to be fooking torture this time.

11 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Me and the Mrs have this thing where if one of us is working late when Leicester are playing, the other turns off all internet, sets the match to record and watch it together after 10pm when the other is home as if it's live.

You're a better man than me - no chance!

13 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Or you could just watch it live...

31 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'd be showing the boys that 1 minute clip! We always seem to play better when angry. Craig Burley is the one who slated the players for Claudio's sacking. He wouldn't get anywhere near a pundit job in the UK as we all knew he was a shit player. 

Shaka Hislop annoys me as well. Limited footballing knowledge and wasn't exactly a top class player either

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

So which of our players stand to get a ban for the next leg if they get a card?

Who is at risk? After seeing the changes at Everton have such a negative impact, I'm concerned we can't afford to lose anyone! 

55 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Watch it anyway and just lie to her.

Archived