Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Atletico Madrid (Away) Pre-Match Thread

I'd be shocked if we do anything other than put out last season's team with Benny and Ndidi instead of Morgan and Ngolo. If Shakey stirs up the same drive as determination as we had this time last year I see no reason not to have hope. As long as the boys go out there, fight for each other and give their all then I'll be proud of us.

URRGHHHH

Fvcking Rio Ferdinand saying he's gutted for us because we didn't get a 'glamour tie'. We're taking this thing seriously FFS. We're not here to arse lick Messi & Ronaldo you patronising turd.

Somebody show his nonsense to the players so they can ram it down his throat tomorrow night.

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

URRGHHHH

Fvcking Rio Ferdinand saying he's gutted for us because we didn't get a 'glamour tie'. We're taking this thing seriously FFS. We're not here to arse lick Messi & Ronaldo you patronising turd.

Somebody show his nonsense to the players so they can ram it down his throat tomorrow night.

He's right but atletico got one

12 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

URRGHHHH

We're playing a team who nearly won two of the past three competitions, it's hardly a minnow that we've drawn.

I'm so nervous and excited. 

I'd take a 2-1 loss again, some guys here are suggesting that it wouldn't be enough but for me 2-1 at a place like Atletico is a great result. 

Getting an away goal is important but 3-1 would be a stretch - having said that we know the atmosphere back in Leicester will be spine tingling and if we start as quickly as we did against Man City then we could certainly overturn a two goal deficit. I'm just frustrated that I couldn't get tickets for the home tie, at least I still have the Porto, Copenhagen and Sevilla games in my memory. I was behind the goal for Schmeichel's penalty save, ever since then I just felt like maybe it was written in the stars... 

...just maybe 

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

URRGHHHH

Not only disrespectful to us, but also you a team who have made two of the last three Champions League Finals!

If that's not a glamour tie what is?

Bara who lost their last two champions league games by a combined score of 7-0?

His beloved Manchester United? When did they last qualify? 

AC Milan? See United.

Sevilla? Win the last 3 Europa Leagues?

**** off Rio this is the Champions of England Vs The Champions League runners up.

just as good a tie as

Champions of Spain v Champions of Italy

Champions of Germany v Champions League Winners

and

2nd in Germany v 3rd in France

Save your pitty for your own 3 former clubs.

Athletico are a very good side. I think that their main strength is in midfield - Carrasco is a big threat down the right, Saul is a box to box player who can score goals, Koke and Gabi are solid.

Griezmann is obviously top notch, but I wouldn't call him world class as yet. Tends to drop back into midfield to pick up the ball, so not your typical centre forward. Not sure whether Gameiro is playing, as he has been injured. If not, seems like Torres will start. To me, he looks a bit overweight and is not the player he was at Liverpool. I think he plays because of his connections with Athletico rather than his talent.

Defensively, they have a track record of being solid. Not impressed with Savic (ex Man City) at centre half - I think that Vardy's pace will trouble him. Godin, the other centre half, is good. Left back, Felipe (ex Chelsea), is a threat going forward (he has scored a couple of goals recently), but vulnerable defensively. I think Mahrez will have the beating of him. Juanfran, the right back, is again better going forward than defending. I think that Albrighton's focus will be on provide assistance to Fuchs to nullify the dangerous Carrasco, so won't have too many opportunities to take on Juanfran.

The goalkeeper, Oblak, has had a very good season, although he wasn't so impressive playing for Slovenia against Scotland.

I think we can score. The question is whether we stop them from scoring more than two.

What we must do:

- Defend, defend. Benalouane is a liability in terms of not tracking his man in the penalty box - we saw that against Everton.

- Win the midfield battle. This is a big ask because of the quality that they have. Ndidi and Drinky are key.

- Quick, long balls to Vardy and Mahrez. We are technically not as good in midfield, so instead of risking losing a ball that is then threaded through to Griezmann, let's use our pace to worry their defence.

How good are Athletico? I thought that when we played Sevilla, they were the equivalent of an Everton in the Premier League. I think that Athletico are probably akin to Liverpool - good, but can be beaten.

I'm going for an inspiring 1-1 draw

Hello everyone! 

Gutted I can't go to Madrid, as I'm sure many of us here who aren't there wish they could be there!! 

It would be great to watch the game with as many Leicester fans as possible and have a great atmosphere to watch the game tonight. 

Does anyone know of any pubs or bars where all the fans are getting together tonight? Are they putting anything up at the stadium? 

I don't know about this game. in one hand, I would like to play the same starting 11 vs sevilla. but in the other, I don't know if okazaki can work against a team with the quality to pass it and have no problem getting 40% possession, agh. I wish we had a proper number 10 who can pick passes and distribute the ball. This is vardy's game, not too sure starting slimani against a CB that has no problem with doing the dirty work is a good thing.

For me, the keys to the game are n'didi, Marc, fuchs and mahrez. N'didi should not let any deep pass go past him because griezmann will punish us. Marc and fuchs should just run that left side the whole 90 minutes (as usual), we need those longBalls to space so vardy can do his work.

And lastly, riyad. Please show up, PLS! We need some of that mahrez flair. This is on him, its make or break, so, again, please show up.

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

I don't know about this game. in one hand, I would like to play the same starting 11 vs sevilla. but in the other, I don't know if okazaki can work against a team with the quality to pass it and have no problem getting 40% possession, agh. I wish we had a proper number 10 who can pick passes and distribute the ball. This is vardy's game, not too sure starting slimani against a CB that has no problem with doing the dirty work is a good thing.

For me, the keys to the game are n'didi, Marc, fuchs and mahrez. N'didi should not let any deep pass go past him because griezmann will punish us. Marc and fuchs should just run that left side the whole 90 minutes (as usual), we need those longBalls to space so vardy can do his work.

And lastly, riyad. Please show up, PLS! We need some of that mahrez flair. This is on him, its make or break, so, again, please show up.

Totally in agreement. Especially the last part. It's about time Mahrez put on a dominant display. No more losing the ball easily and looking sad.

It's time to show the world that you're as good as people think you are.

He's been let off with far too many poor performances because of last season, it's really time he steps up and gives us a performance tonight.

It's hard to imagine anybody not giving 100% tonight. I'm already buzzing for it. Work is going to drag like hell today!

33 minutes ago, 49er said:

Athletico are a very good side. I think that their main strength is in midfield - Carrasco is a big threat down the right, Saul is a box to box player who can score goals, Koke and Gabi are solid.

1-Griezmann is obviously top notch, but I wouldn't call him world class as yet. Tends to drop back into midfield to pick up the ball, so not your typical centre forward. Not sure whether Gameiro is playing, as he has been injured. If not, seems like Torres will start. To me, he looks a bit overweight and is not the player he was at Liverpool. I think he plays because of his connections with Athletico rather than his talent.

Defensively, they have a track record of being solid. Not impressed with Savic (ex Man City) at centre half - I think that Vardy's pace will trouble him. 2-Godin, the other centre half, is good.

3-Left back, Felipe (ex Chelsea), is a threat going forward (he has scored a couple of goals recently), but vulnerable defensively

. I think Mahrez will have the beating of him. 4-Juanfran, the right back, is again better going forward than defending. I think that Albrighton's focus will be on provide assistance to Fuchs to nullify the dangerous Carrasco, so won't have too many opportunities to take on Juanfran.

The goalkeeper, Oblak, has had a very good season, although he wasn't so impressive playing for Slovenia against Scotland.

I think we can score. The question is whether we stop them from scoring more than two.

What we must do:

- Defend, defend. Benalouane is a liability in terms of not tracking his man in the penalty box - we saw that against Everton.

- Win the midfield battle. This is a big ask because of the quality that they have. Ndidi and Drinky are key.

- Quick, long balls to Vardy and Mahrez. We are technically not as good in midfield, so instead of risking losing a ball that is then threaded through to Griezmann, let's use our pace to worry their defence.

5-How good are Athletico? I thought that when we played Sevilla, they were the equivalent of an Everton in the Premier League. I think that Athletico are probably akin to Liverpool - good, but can be beaten.

I'm going for an inspiring 1-1 draw

1-Griezmann is not world class?

2- did you just call a top 3 CB in the world "good", that's some high standards you got there lol

3-he is not vulnerable, yes he is better attacking, but not vulnerable.

4- 58edd458a6977_NickYoung.thumb.jpg.795dd1145e713b9d014ff55b84f58cdc.jpg are we talking about the same juanfran who pocketed Ronaldo more than one and proved he is one of the best RB defensively?, I can't really find the logic in that. And I'm not even gonna talk about oblak.

5- atletico will smack the accent out of Liverpool, same with Seville vs Everton, you are really underestimating the Spanish football.

The rest I agree

Archived