Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Atletico Madrid (Away) Pre-Match Thread

Blood, sweat, tears and a 3-0 loss. Just think they will have too much for us, being my realistic slightly pessimistic self. Anything better than that to keep the tie alive will be massive. 

They press high and I'd be very worried about our back line being pressured on the ball.

Griezmann (2), Godin. 

I'm still in disbelief that we are actually playing Atletico Madrid in a Champions League Quarter Final and I believe we could get a result. How the **** did this happen?

It will be a proud occassion tonight, as long as we avoid a beating it will remembered as a great night. Stay in the game please, give us half a chance in the home leg.

25 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Bolx I'm at work tonight so will hopefully touch wood cross fingers will be left alone til after the final whistle,might actually get into work early so not miss anything !!

COME ON YOU FOXES ? ? Nice win tonight lads bit of payback !!

You sure you're not coming down with something? You look very unwell...

6 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

They will want to end the tie a team home.......which may play into our hands! 

The thing is this is arguably the best defence in the world... they back themselves to defend a 1-0 over 2 legs... they'll be as organised as ever and I doubt they'll let us hit them on the break.

0-0 is my best case scenario tonight.

This is a real step up in class for us, But it's a cup game and so if we can frustrate them like Seville then who knows what may happen. Somehow I fancy a possible Vardy penalty as we all know how he plays for them.

Anything less than a 2 - 0 defeat will be a good result and gives us a chance in the 2nd Leg.

They're strong at the back and like to push on which means the space might be in front of their defence. If that's the case our best chance of a Goal may come from Albrighton, Okasaki or NDidi although I expect him to be watching Greizman.

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Is it fair to say that this is our most important game in history to date?

I actually don't think it is! Boring and unspectacular I know but one of the most important games ever for us was the 0-0 draw at Blunderland during the great escape that guaranteed us PL status - and led to the title the following year

Even at my most optimistic I'm struggling when I think of tonight. There isn't a lot to grab hold of.

I'm excited though. I just hope we play at our best. No silly mistakes, no silly yellows and then pray we can come away with something.

This could be 5-2 Arsenal mark 2; Whatever we could do, they could do better. 

Let'a hope we stick to our game plan and adjust when we need to, as our opponents are basically us but better. Much better. My main worry is not having Morgan. Benny may be more equipped against a Spanish side as what someone here has mentioned. Let's see. Keep the faith lads!!

1 minute ago, Fox42 said:

This could be 5-2 Arsenal mark 2; Whatever we could do, they could do better. 

Let'a hope we stick to our game plan and adjust when we need to, as our opponents are basically us but better. Much better. My main worry is not having Morgan. Benny may be more equipped against a Spanish side as what someone here has mentioned. Let's see. Keep the faith lads!!

Simpson and Fuchs back in defence will certainly help.

I have a feeling it will be a 2-2 draw.

17 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I just hope we play at our best. No silly mistakes, no silly yellows and then pray we can come away with something.

This is all LCFC fans should do.

Hope for the best and enjoy the game. 

It's a first for the Club, for the fans and for the majority of the players.

Lets hope the players give their best, LCFC fans in stadium undoubtedly will do to support.

Enjoy the game.

19 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Simpson and Fuchs back in defence will certainly help.

I have a feeling it will be a 2-2 draw.

I sure hope so - a 2-2 draw would be an absolutely fantastic result for us. Bring back those away goals to the KP :)

8 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

They have put two massive screens up at jubilee square and clock tower for the Queens pressesion thing tomorow. Seems like a massive missed opertunity to show the game on them tonight

Not allowed to

So many of our players a booking away from a ban.

There is no way Huth wont get booked and i can see some Oscar winning performances by their lot every time we go near them.

Simeone is a vile turd at the best of times as well.

2-1 Madrid.

The best thing about this match is that we seem to have our City back.

The first half of the Champions League was a bit of a disappointment, even though we progressed, as with all of the doom and gloom around the club it seemed like we weren't going to see our Champions really give it a go. Win, lose, or draw now, at least we are seeing the boys back in form, with a real chance to see how they match up against the continent's elite.

COYF :scarf:

If ever we needed a big game from Mahrez, then tonight is it! 

Atletico known for being incredibly well drilled and solid in defence, so we will need some magic to unlock that and if Mahrez ever wants to be truly considered one of the best players in the world, then he needs to shine in a game like tonights. Come on Mahrez!!!! 

Archived