Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Atletico Madrid (Away) Pre-Match Thread

Gutted not to be able to get to Madrid even without a ticket so we thought we might travel down to Leicester to watch the match in a pub rather than from behind the sofa at home.  Any recommendations?

4 minutes ago, maddog said:

We're gonna race into a 2-0 lead in the first half to shake the foundations of world football once again.

Then we'll be pegged back to 2-2 at full time which would be decent to take back to the King Power. 

It's a bit unrealistic in my opinion, we won't score 2 goals , the reality is that we will score 1 or 0 goals agains atletico. They have the best defense in the world. They knocked out FC Barcelona and Bayern München. This match will be really hard.

7 hours ago, FraserSorensen said:

0-0 is a terrible first leg away result in the Champions League - in the context it might be a brilliant result for Leicester, but in reality there is so much of a reliance on the away goal that at home it would really put us on a knife edge.

I'd snap your hand off for 0-0.

Outside of Barca, Real and Bayern we're arguably up against the best club side in the world. We can't expect to play them at the KP with the tie in our control and we would be in the box seat with a result any better than 0-0.

8 hours ago, FraserSorensen said:

0-0 is a terrible first leg away result in the Champions League - in the context it might be a brilliant result for Leicester, but in reality there is so much of a reliance on the away goal that at home it would really put us on a knife edge.

0-0 is a decent result. We'd need to win 1-0, or 2-1 in the second leg to advance given that result. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

3 minutes ago, Nugent said:

Journo in the pre-match press conference enjoying a bit of Foxestalk...

IMG_0031.PNG

Giving me a reputation point right there....

Got any questions we want him to ask for us - Rudkin.. what do you actually do? 

2 hours ago, blokiszimat said:

It's a bit unrealistic in my opinion, we won't score 2 goals , the reality is that we will score 1 or 0 goals agains atletico. They have the best defense in the world. They knocked out FC Barcelona and Bayern München. This match will be really hard.

I understand they've not conceded a goal at home in eight knockout games. Probability suggests that run of clean sheets will end very soon. 

We are going to surprise them on cloud 9 ;) they will underestimate us I think, we are a completely different proposition to the side that lost 2-1 in Sevilla.

I can honestly see us getting a score draw there, 1-1 or 2-2.

So how many regulars are they short? Torres is their back up for the hamstrung Gamiero, so that is one thing in our favour. Also I read last week that the left back is the second choice, that Filipe Luis is it?

Corrections to my scant knowledge are welcome, just looking for a crumb or two of comfort.

Guest bennytwohats
6 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Surely as the home team they'll have to take control and have more of the ball, which will be unusual for them. We just need to keep it tight and frustrate them, then hit them on the break... easier said than done!

If just them being the home team was enough to make them do that it wouldn't be so unusual as they play at home about every other game. :P

This is going to be a seriously tough game. We need to hope we are absolutely on point and for a bit of that Leicester magic.

2 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

We can speculate about formations, players and who we need to keep an eye on... but deep down, does anyone think that the Leicester city magic has run out? Our incredible turnaround has brought it all back to life and even if we lose tomorrow, the game at the KP will be nothing short of spectacular. 

I never know when the magic will run out...  but, know exactly what you mean!

If we lose but, are in shouting distance (away goal) I'd be well pleased

i just don't want to watch a dead rubber at Thr KP!  I also put a note in my calendar to make sure I don't book to go away the weekend of the final - more in desperate hope than any reasonable expectation!

i intend to stay pessimistic... it's worked for me so far!

Atletico are not Sevilla. They are a serious team and immensely effective. Will definitely be an interesting game but I think this is the time for Leicester to say goodbye to CL. If by a miracle you go through, I will root for you winning the CL title, after all, why not?

12 minutes ago, Sevillista1 said:

Atletico are not Sevilla. They are a serious team and immensely effective. Will definitely be an interesting game but I think this is the time for Leicester to say goodbye to CL. If by a miracle you go through, I will root for you winning the CL title, after all, why not?

We are still dreaming... but I don't think we are anything like favourites, even here in Leicester.

We won't get as lucky as we did in the first half in Seville, we need a full 90 minute performance to stand any chance at all.

Archived