Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Atletico Madrid (Away) Pre-Match Thread

They will be all over Mahrez and trying to sit deep on Vardy. But if we use Okazaki's relentless pressing and Albrighton's phenomenal current form then we'll find openings and we must take them. I see us scoring, which is no mean feat in itself. This will be a hugely tough game but I think we've got the confidence and ability to weather it.

This is it boys. Have no mercy on these bastards and get redemption for '97. 

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Totally in agreement. Especially the last part. It's about time Mahrez put on a dominant display. No more losing the ball easily and looking sad.

It's time to show the world that you're as good as people think you are.

He's been let off with far too many poor performances because of last season, it's really time he steps up and gives us a performance tonight.

It's hard to imagine anybody not giving 100% tonight. I'm already buzzing for it. Work is going to drag like hell today!

You should be happy for being at work, imagine just sitting at home waiting for the game lol , but seriously, mahrez needs to step up, if he wants people to overlook some of his bad games then he should show up in the big games (just Like last season), any bad showing will be inexcusable, as our best player, he needs to drag us to the semi, show us what you are capable of, shine on the biggest stage.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

They will be all over Mahrez and trying to sit deep on Vardy. But if we use Okazaki's relentless pressing and Albrighton's phenomenal current form then we'll find openings and we must take them. I see us scoring, which is no mean feat in itself. This will be a hugely tough game but I think we've got the confidence and ability to weather it.

This is it boys. Have no mercy on these bastards and get redemption for '97. 

Yeah, obviously they will have done their homework but I think we can surprise them if Albrighton continues his devastating form. Can't wait.

10 mins of work and then checking foxes talk. Repeat until 4:30. Then hurry home, get the beers out and footy on. 

I literally can't wait for this. Irrespective of the result (expecting us to lose) this is a night to remember!! 

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'm hoping for a dull 1-1 draw, but knowing us we'll be 3 up in the first minute and they'll win 7-3.

How is that like us at all? We've still won every single game we've scored first in this season! (9 in PL, 5 in CL)

Looking through the Madrid training pics on the website - looks like they have taken Elliott Moore along with them. I didn't see Morgan or Wasilewski in any pictures of them actually training so maybe Moore will be on the bench?

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Looking through the Madrid training pics on the website - looks like they have taken Elliott Moore along with them. I didn't see Morgan or Wasilewski in any pictures of them actually training so maybe Moore will be on the bench?

Imagine making your first team debut in a champions league quarter final at the Calderon! haha

He's not played for us yet has he?

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I watched the entire 28 min video of them training yesterday. Wes and Was were training with them, but Wes isn't fit enough to play and Was isn't registered in our CL squad. I'd be stunned if Moore got on the bench as backup CB, we have Amartey for that. Shakey took an extra large squad as they are training in Madrid tomorrow after the game due to the short gap till Palace, I assume he just needed more bodies for 11 vs 11 training.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

I watched the entire 28 min video of them training yesterday. Wes and Was were training with them, but Wes isn't fit enough to play and Was isn't registered in our CL squad. I'd be stunned if Moore got on the bench as backup CB, we have Amartey for that. Shakey took an extra large squad as they are training in Madrid tomorrow after the game due to the short gap till Palace, I assume he just needed more bodies for 11 vs 11 training.

Ah right, I haven't seen the video but I saw Wasyl blurred in the background of a training pic. Pretty cool that they took him anyway. 

On 11/04/2017 at 08:12, FraserSorensen said:

0-0 is a terrible first leg away result in the Champions League - in the context it might be a brilliant result for Leicester, but in reality there is so much of a reliance on the away goal that at home it would really put us on a knife edge.

I am in agreement with you, absolutely it would cause much anxiety.

What I said was in response to learning of Atletico's home clean sheet record in the CL and if they were to keep that stat going vs us, obviously I'd hope we would also keep a clean sheet rather than losing 1-0 or worse.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

I think they'd be more likely to use Fuchs at CB than any of the others in an emergency.

8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Is it fair to say that this is our most important game in history to date?

Not for me.... most prestigious, but not the most important. This feels like a free swing and I'm not nervous at all.

Archived