Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Atletico Madrid (Away) Pre-Match Thread

Anything better than a 2-0 defeat would be amazing.

Have a sinking feeling they won't make the mistake Seville did and will finish it in the first leg.

Dont really think Drinkwater is up for this and are we still playing him when he has an injury? That's really ****ing silly if so.

Schmeichel

Simpson Benny/Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez DD Ndidi Albrighton

Okazaki 

Vardy

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

Is this a 'just don't embarrass ourselves' game?

Definitely not!

They have been one of the best teams in Europe over the last 4-5 years and are overwhelming favourites. But anything can happen and we have shown we can mix it with the big boys plenty of times. Expect to lose, but if we can keep it within a one goal margin we have a chance. Even a loss by 2 goals... maybe we could do it. We just have to hope the boys are not intimidated and show a good account of ourselves. Atletico aren't a heavy possesion based team so we definitely have a chance, even if they are better than us. Sevilla took us lightly and look what happened.

I will say that the thought of Griezeman versus Benny terrifies me though!

I think we should rest players for Crystal Palace on the weekend...

Nah, go out there have some fun. No expectations, we are in the fecking quarter finals of the mother fecking Champions League.

Would be amazing to get an away goal! Huth to go all Ian Marshall!

Make no mistake it is going to be a really tough game and we need to be a lot better defensively. If we come away with only a one goal deficit like the Sevilla game that will be a tremendous result, we just can't concede an early goal and cannot afford to let them pass us to death

Get a goal and don't get slaughtered.

2-0 I think we're out.

3-1 I think we're probably heading out.

2-1 I think we're in with a shout.

Any more than a loss and we've done superbly. These are an incredible tournament side. Then again so were Sevilla.

Fuchs and Simpson are rested. Mahrez and Albrighton should be decent too. Our workhorses Ndidi and Shinji should be ready to put in a shift. Vardy's leisurly walk in the park shouldn't have tired him too much either. Benny had a poor game, but I have confidence he'll pick himself up especially with Ndidi in from of him. Drinky needs to pull himself together though. I think we'll be ready. I think we'll put up a fight.

Head says heavy loss.  These are brilliant and we've been riding our luck in this competition.

Heart says we play again like the side who romped the Premier League by 10 points last season, score a few on counter and beat them heroically in both legs.

:scarf:

Archived