Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Atletico Madrid (Away) Pre-Match Thread

2 hours ago, On our way... said:

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/important-information-lcfc-fans-in-madrid-3669098.aspx

To summarise...

It's hot

Don't get nicked

Plaza Mayor place to be

Ground is a sh*t hole

Enjoy fellow Foxes.

On our way. ..

visiting sections have LIMITED bars and toilets
The stadium however is not to the same standard as Porto or Copenhagen
lol

As we all know, 2nd Leg of the Sevilla game Okazaki was a pinball wizard, he broke up the build up play of Nzonzi and Iborra, essentially spoiling Sevilla's creative outlet. 

He needs to be at his absolute best tomorrow night to give us the best possible chance. 

He needs to be in the faces of Koke, Fernandez and Luis at all times, everything else he can do will be a bonus, including staying on his feet. 

He is so key for the success of tomorrow nights game. 

60 minutes of pure and utter psychotic, neurotic and electrifying football and then we put him back in cryogenics until the week after.

The confidence that is coming out from all of these player interviews is infectious, surely their can't be too many dreading this game, can their?

Sod it, I'll even make a prediction, 1-1. 

Been looking at Atletico''s possession stats in recent ganes. Makes our possession stats look good.

v Real Madrid - 38% possession (1-1 draw)

v Real Sociedad - 39% (1-0 win)

v Malaga - 38% (2-0 win)

v Sevilla - 40% (3-1 win)

v Leverkusen - 45% (0-0, 4-2 on agg)

All those teams bar Real Madrid are worse than them. 

This will be a very interesting game.

Guest seanfox778

Remember how we struggled when teams forced us to have possession last season, like Norwich (H)? Hopefully we can be at our counter attacking best and spring a surprise result by letting them have the ball, maybe we'll see a different, more uncomfortable Atletico. This game is so intriguing! 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Been looking at Atletico''s possession stats in recent ganes. Makes our possession stats look good.

v Real Madrid - 38% possession (1-1 draw)

v Real Sociedad - 39% (1-0 win)

v Malaga - 38% (2-0 win)

v Sevilla - 40% (3-1 win)

v Leverkusen - 45% (0-0, 4-2 on agg)

All those teams bar Real Madrid are worse than them. 

This will be a very interesting game.

While not quite as low ours are similar when considering opposition and our form in the last 6 league games, only Sunderland at home was over 50% despite beating Hull and Stoke with ease. Surely they will have more pressure to get the ball and beat us at home, just as Seville did

Everton - 44%

Sunderland - 53%

Stoke - 50%

West Ham - 44%

Hull - 48%

Liverpool - 39%

In all seriousness, taking our blue tinted specs off, what are people's score predictions?

For me this will go one of two ways:

1) The team that won the PL shows up and we can get an away goal and lose 2-1 or;

2) The team that has played much of the PL this season shows up and we lose by 3 or 4 and the tie is over. 

I know this prediction might sound pessimistic, but I think we have to accept that away to last years CL runner up is gong to be an up hill battle, and frankly losing 2-1 would be a fantastic result to bring back to the KP. 

1 minute ago, rn9013 said:

In all seriousness, taking our blue tinted specs off, what are people's score predictions?

For me this will go one of two ways:

1) The team that won the PL shows up and we can get an away goal and lose 2-1 or;

2) The team that has played much of the PL this season shows up and we lose by 3 or 4 and the tie is over. 

I know this prediction might sound pessimistic, but I think we have to accept that away to last years CL runner up is gong to be an up hill battle, and frankly losing 2-1 would be a fantastic result to bring back to the KP. 

Totally agree. I just have no idea which Leicester will show up. I don't think Everton was a good indicator as the changes and 70% effort from some players like Vardy really blunted us. 

I'm excited to see Simpson and Fuchs come back as well as a fresh Okazaki, and the occassion is so huge, I just think the players will be fired up and that is when we are at our ruthless best. 

Even at our very best, this will still be an incredibly difficult game though and I would have thought a 1-1 would be close to the best we could achieve, but I think it will be 2-1 to them, which gives us a chance coming back to the KP 

We need to be at our very best for this tie still to be alive for the home leg.

Despite our recent upturn in form, our away form is dismal; even our win at WH could easily have been a thumping, if it wasn't for Kasper's heroics.

I honestly can't see them thrashing us but it does depend on the tactics. If we choose to sit back and let them come at us we'll be in trouble.

Clearly, we can't afford too many crosses into the box or for the back 4 to be exposed. Ndidi will be crucial.

Play our game and I think we've got a good chance of it being very competitive and potentially a bit of a classic.

Yes they are a good side but so are we.

I imagine it will go something like this.. 

- Cagey start from both sides

- We concede first from an Atletico set piece

- We come out attacking looking for that away goal

- We concede again from an Atletico counter

- Atletico sit back, frustrate us and keep a clean sheet

- We play well but go down 2-0

We're gonna race into a 2-0 lead in the first half to shake the foundations of world football once again.

Then we'll be pegged back to 2-2 at full time which would be decent to take back to the King Power. 

Atletico are good but being built up too much. They won't like playing us with our style, we won't push forward and build up attacks like Real, Barca and Bayern and play into their hands.

I'd much rather play an Atlético team and have some of the ball then be penned back by Barcelona all game.

We need to stop giving them so much respect and hope the players realise that too!

Archived