Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

I really fear for the Premier League turning into La Liga the way this weekend has gone.

The big 4-6 grinding out boring draws against each other.

Big vs Small resulting in either 6-0 hammering or terrible games like Swansea vs Spurs when Swans get ten behind the ball.

And then games like us against huddersfield where theres zero quality

All because of the amount of money those top 4 to 6 have spent.

Concerning! :/ 

What was I saying about 4-0 score lines :whistle:  I spoke too soon!!! 

That was a good watch at least! 

• Like 1

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

Some talent to bring on late on too. 

Proper man management that! You can have the best squad in the world, but someone has to move the chess pieces, that's what we are missing, that boost from the bench., yes they have more talent, but its about timing and choosing the right subs at the right time.

4 hours ago, the fox said:

Proper man management that! You can have the best squad in the world, but someone has to move the chess pieces, that's what we are missing, that boost from the bench., yes they have more talent, but its about timing and choosing the right subs at the right time.

I agree! That's why José is one of the best!! 

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

If Walsh was sacked, do we think he might make a return? 

Just imagine: Rudkin hires his own replacement and is moved further upwards into the King Power inner circle. Leicester City fans everywhere breathe a sigh of relief, Shakey gets a man he knows and trusts directly above him, and we all work towards a brighter future together. Rudkin gets his own statue outside the stadium.

20 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What do we think lads, a straight fight between United and City this season? Looks fairly likely even this early.

I got united! Too solid with no clear weak spots, excellent man management and a man who won the league before as a head coach

21 minutes ago, Slim Dog said:

We haven't been that bad this season, simple. Get your heads checked.

And that's the problem, its obvious that we are leaving too much on the table! Simple mistakes and some naive moves are holding back the potential of this squad.

People aren't mad (well, at least not me) because the club is losing to the top 6, it's the fact that we could've got something out of those fixtures is what's causing the frustration.

• Like 1

Can't see it still being the case come May, but it'll be sad for the PL to lose a long-serving top-flight club getting relegated in Everton.

It would take something quite sensational for that to happen, though..

They'll probably improve and finish in the top-10 again.

Its easier to have a go at an unproven player when the expectations aren't so high! Do people think that vardy and mahrez could've developed to what they are now without all those years?

Big risks= big rewards, the club had a go at a league 1 and a ligue 2 players and they turned out to be amazing.

Just ask yourself, if you are an Everton fan, will you be happy to bringing in a league 1 player and spend years developing? You just don't have time.

• Like 1