Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

25 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The Nessan Dorma song is on a Sky Sports advert with Conte on it.

Doesn't feel right.

When I was moaning the other week about our title win being forgotten and quickly swept under the carpet by the media, these are they type of things i'm on about.

Petty as it sounds where were our bits between the adverts of us lifting the trophy or they could have done a better version of that Nessun Dorma song with the Bocelli pics e.t.c

There was a picture of Wes celebrating v Man Utd on one of their adverts but nothing like they do when rimming Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

What do we think lads, a straight fight between United and City this season? Looks fairly likely even this early.

Can't see anyone else really contending

Chelsea a bit toothless, Spurs can't score against Swansea, who else... Liverpool? Arsenal? We'll win it again before either of those do

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just imagine: Rudkin hires his own replacement and is moved further upwards into the King Power inner circle. Leicester City fans everywhere breathe a sigh of relief, Shakey gets a man he knows and trusts directly above him, and we all work towards a brighter future together. Rudkin gets his own statue outside the stadium.

I'd polish the statue if that happened!

6 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Can't see anyone else really contending

Chelsea a bit toothless, Spurs can't score against Swansea, who else... Liverpool? Arsenal? We'll win it again before either of those do

Agreed, Liverpool have still not sorted their defence out and Arsenal will never win anything meaningful with Wenger in charge.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

So.... So far.....

P W D  L   F   A  GD Pts               

1 Man City   5 4 1 0 16 2 14 13  
2 Money United   5 4 1 0 16 2 14 13  

Net Spend:

Man City – £138.1m+
Man United – £137.75m+

What we achieved truly was a miracle.

Exactly!!!

Many people say that the top teams upper management feel embarrassed at what we achieved, hence the dramatic increase in spending from all of the top teams. They were already spending way too much but we pushed them into overdrive.

Despite that I think that one day we will see another surprise champion but I don't think it will come close to the Leicester City story. Not only to win but to literally be bottom of the table one season and win it the next... it just makes you tear up inside! What a day that game versus Everton was :):):)!

It seems that about once every 25 years an unlikely champion occurs. Verona in Serie A, Montpellier in Ligue 1, Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga. So despite all the money in the game I think it can happen again, it's just not going to be as fairy tale-esque.

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Exactly!!!

Many people say that the top teams upper management feel embarrassed at what we achieved, hence the dramatic increase in spending from all of the top teams. They were already spending way too much but we pushed them into overdrive.

Despite that I think that one day we will see another surprise champion but I don't think it will come close to the Leicester City story. Not only to win but to literally be bottom of the table one season and win it the next... it just makes you tear up inside! What a day that game versus Everton was :):):)!

It seems that about once every 25 years an unlikely champion occurs. Verona in Serie A, Montpellier in Ligue 1, Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga. So despite all the money in the game I think it can happen again, it's just not going to be as fairy tale-esque.

I don't see why people think the big teams spend more now than say 2014 because we won the league. There's more money available now, players prices have inflated massively and they want to beat their direct rivals to the title, I doubt they worry about a small team winning it again. They're going to spend stupid amounts to buy better players than the teams around them, not to stop Leicester winning the league. 

Out of the teams who I believe could genuinely compete for the title this year (top 6 of last year at best) only 3 of the managers are still there from when we won it. Of these teams, Spurs and Liverpool didn't spend anything near what Man City and Man Utd spent. Wenger should be embarrassed because he hasn't been close to a title for years, not because we won the league. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

6 hours ago, katieakita said:

Koeman getting all mardy after Mourinho says after spending £140 million in the summer they should be looking for top 4 lol

To be fair, Mourinho is ignoring the fact he signed the best striker Everton have had for about a decade. However, spending £140m and not bringing in a replacement is criminal. 

Why they spend £45m on Sigurdson instead of going after a top striker was ridiculous. Especially as they'd already signed Rooney. He's done himself no favours shipping out Delefeuo and alienating Barkley. They'd have been effective in his new formation especially had they bought a decent centre forward!

4 hours ago, Matt said:

When I was moaning the other week about our title win being forgotten and quickly swept under the carpet by the media, these are they type of things i'm on about.

Petty as it sounds where were our bits between the adverts of us lifting the trophy or they could have done a better version of that Nessun Dorma song with the Bocelli pics e.t.c

There was a picture of Wes celebrating v Man Utd on one of their adverts but nothing like they do when rimming Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd.

I know what you mean. Not exactly the same, but on MOTD2 tonight they were making a big thing about Arsenal not winning away at the top 6 teams since January 2015. Obviously Arsenal winning in Sept 2015 away at the home of the Premier League Champions of 2015-16 doesn't count :mellow:

Edit: yes, I know we're not considered one of the "Top 6/Big 6", but it did annoy me that we were so disregarded 

Edited by NZ_Foxile

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can't see it still being the case come May, but it'll be sad for the PL to lose a long-serving top-flight club getting relegated in Everton.

It would take something quite sensational for that to happen, though..

They'll probably improve and finish in the top-10 again.

I'd love to see them go down. Entitled moany bunch with an arrogant manger who blames everyone else for his own underperformance.

Won't happen though unfortunately.

Everton should have gotten Rashford and cash for Lukaku - they would have won that deal and Rashford would be ideal for them. He is a young Vardy. The next big thing in England.

49 minutes ago, FIF said:

Everton should have gotten Rashford and cash for Lukaku - they would have won that deal and Rashford would be ideal for them. He is a young Vardy. The next big thing in England.

He's certainly being made to try and establish himself as a winger, like Vardy had to in the PL. I know he's got a job on his hands displacing Lukaku through the middle but Rashford really is class and I fear he'll lose his way if he's dumped out wide.