Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Wasn't Walsh instrumental in the signings of Slimani and Musa and in the current team at Everton?

Maybe he's just not that good when it comes to big money buys?

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Wasn't Walsh instrumental in the signings of Slimani and Musa and in the current team at Everton?

Maybe he's just not that good when it comes to big money buys?

You don't have to change though... he's signed Vlasic which is a nod to the Walsh of old.

If he's strong enough i'm sure he could try and get a few low money buys into that team... the issue is I don't think he has the relationship with Koeman that he had with Leicester managers. 

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You don't have to change though... he's signed Vlasic which is a nod to the Walsh of old.

If he's strong enough i'm sure he could try and get a few low money buys into that team... the issue is I don't think he has the relationship with Koeman that he had with Leicester managers. 

My uncle is a toffee and reckons this. Apparently Koeman has come out in public previously saying as much.

35 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

My uncle is a toffee and reckons this. Apparently Koeman has come out in public previously saying as much.

He only has himself to blame. He had a good thing going with us and swapped it for more dosh and prestige. Yes I know about the "living closer to family" thing and don't believe a word of it.

Some might not agree with me here, but really think Klopp has the potential to get sacked. Ambitious club as per, but currently not doing brilliantly.

Liverpool, recently, have had all the shots in the world but are hardly scoring (this may be down to a case of hard luck, who knows) whilst their defence seems the same since he first arrived.

28 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Some might not agree with me here, but really think Klopp has the potential to get sacked. Ambitious club as per, but currently not doing brilliantly.

Liverpool, recently, have had all the shots in the world but are hardly scoring (this may be down to a case of hard luck, who knows) whilst their defence seems the same since he first arrived.

The problem is the lack of balance within the squad. They've got an abundance of strikers and attacking midfielders, but look rather poor in the back.

In my view, they'll continue to blow hot and cold in the league - until Klopp fixes parts in January.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just when you thought Spurs couldn't get any more embarrassing

The gift that just keeps on giving lol...is this their celebration tune for no longer being a threat to the top teams and not having the distraction of Europe 2018/19?

Guest seanfox778

What a cringe article on the Sky Sports app. Poor Wayne Rooney! It must be so difficult for him with all his money and getting caught breaking the law. Bless his heart. 

Screenshot_20170920-180109.png

Don't believe that he'll be great at Everton despite what many predict him to be.

He's certainly not done badly, but he's hardly amending their current goal-scoring issues.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

18 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The problem is the lack of balance within the squad. They've got an abundance of strikers and attacking midfielders, but look rather poor in the back.

In my view, they'll continue to blow hot and cold in the league - until Klopp fixes parts in January.

Yeah, their defence needs sorting definitely.

The £40m spent on Oxlade-Chamberlain should have gone on a solid centre half. They should have got Van Dijk in.

Klopp's first target was achieved last season - getting them back into the CL. I don't know where they go from now though given their squad isn't as good as teams around them.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Don't believe that he'll be great at Everton despite what many predict him to be.

He's certainly not done badly, but he's hardly amending their current goal-scoring issues.

He's their only goalscorer this season, but I know what you mean. He's not that player anymore and won't get them enough goals. They need an out and out striker, or at least persist with Calvert-Lewin, Sandro or Lookman for now until they can get better in. Playing Rooney at the very top of the pitch doesn't work anymore and if he's going to do anything good for Everton it'll be a deeper role just behind the main striker.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2017 at 14:27, Jonezy said:

Burnley really been blessed this early season. Red cards for Chelsea, last minute goal against Spurs and now grinding this one out with Palace missing some pretty huge chances at the end. Can we please find that kind of clutch again...

You make your own luck - sign of a good team if you play badly and win ....eg Burnley 1 Palace 0 (should have been 4-1 to Palace).

Battered at Liverpool but Ben Mee nearly nicked a famous 2-1 win with a late header cleared off the line and Mignolet then pulled off a point-blank save.

Ironically, Burnley's best performance (chances created/dominating possession) this season was the 0-1 home defeat to West Brom. 2-0 or 3-0 would not have flattered Burnley.

I'd have settled for 8 points from the first 5 games (Chelsea (a), WBA (h), Spurs (a), Palace (h), Liverpool (a), as long as we do not mess up at home to Huddersfield on Saturday.

Edited by lancyclaret
  • Like 1