Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, FIF said:

Everton should have gotten Rashford and cash for Lukaku - they would have won that deal and Rashford would be ideal for them. He is a young Vardy. The next big thing in England.

If they couldn't get Rashford they should've gone for Martial as well, I think he'd be brilliant as a main striker. Everton really should've thought that transfer through lol

2 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

United haven't played anyone of note yet plus they have played more games at home.  Beating us, Everton, Swansea and West Ham drawing away at Stoke is not a true indication of how good they are.  Will wait to they have played Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs.

The only thing about this is that with the games that they have they are building confidence and momentum. With that beating up team after team and constantly getting results will help their confidence in beating those bigger teams. Also Mourinho will set his team up to beat or get results against them.

The team I am less convinced in is City. They look nice but I think that against an organized, physical defense that doesn't give them any space they will suffer.

Edited by TheHitman™

Koeman is a clown for a number of reasons.

1. Sell a £75m  striker who scored a huge % of your goals and not feel the need to directly replace him.
  2. Take all pace/trickery out of the side so the team is full of passers. Great for a possession stat but they have only scored two league goals in five games.
  3. Playing five defenders means the team is naturally on the back foot. Cuco Martina is a poor excuse for a wing back.
  • Like 3

Can't believe Everton.. Are they mad?

They invest many millions on some really good players, then stick Big Wayne up front and expect to score lotsa goals.

Rooney is a spent force at this level and has been for at least two years.

God knows why they didn't get a proper striker. Bottom three at present aren't they...?

lol

• Like 2

Everton's spending hasn't been the best but they've played United, City and Chelsea all away from home. Even worse fixtures than ours.

There's obviously problems with their side but it's harsh to judge them this early 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHitman™ said:

The team I am less convinced in is City. They look nice but I think that against an organized, physical defense that doesn't give them any space they will suffer.

Like Watford? lol 

9 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Sigurds..whatever... So much for some people wanting him here, at any cost, although he never EVER wanted to come here. LOL, how does it feel? Genuine qustion.

Based on ability and player type, I think he would've fit perfectly in our side. Whether he wanted to come here or not and at that price is irrelevant.

He's of a calibre that we can realistically, if unlikely, attract.

Obviously with the whole Silva/Drinky situation and our own poor-ish start, someone of his kind would've been welcome in our midfield right now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, shen said:

Based on ability and player type, I think he would've fit perfectly in our side. Whether he wanted to come here or not and at that price is irrelevant.

He's of a calibre that we can realistically, if unlikely, attract.

Obviously with the whole Silva/Drinky situation and our own poor-ish start, someone of his kind would've been welcome in our midfield right now.

There was +100 pages thread about a guy whom we were as likely to sign as Neymar and who went on strike to force his move to Everton. Hence my comment. Regardless of his abilities, I wouldn't want this kind of player here and even less pay the ridiculous 50M to get him.

From what I saw, Adrien Silva has the qualities to fit our side as well and is a steal when we consider that we got him for almost the half of Swansea diva's price. Time will tell. 

We've come to a point where any midfielder able to keep the ball more than one second and passing it forward would do the trick. It was already a weakness last season, let alone this one. Hopefully the Silva saga will come to an end this week and with Iborra fit, we'll start to play football.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

There was +100 pages thread about a guy whom we were as likely to sign as Neymar and who went on strike to force his move to Everton. Hence my comment. Regardless of his abilities, I wouldn't want this kind of player here and even less pay the ridiculous 50M to get him.

From what I saw, Adrien Silva has the qualities to fit our side as well and is a steal when we consider that we got him for almost the half of Swansea diva's price. Time will tell. 

We've come to a point where any midfielder able to keep the ball more than one second and passing it forward would do the trick. It was already a weakness last season, let alone this one. Hopefully the Silva saga will come to an end this week and with Iborra fit, we'll start to play football.

Can't really get worked up about the strike allegations. Essentially the same thing happened with Drinkwater. It served all parties best.

And be fair, obviously Sigurdsson being interested is infinitely more likely than Neymar. After all, Sigurdsson went from Spurs to Swansea.

I hope you're right regarding Silva. I've not seen enough of him to judge him. Sigurdsson is proven over several seasons now, so the comparison doesn't make much sense yet.

1 hour ago, shen said:

Can't really get worked up about the strike allegations. Essentially the same thing happened with Drinkwater. It served all parties best.

And be fair, obviously Sigurdsson being interested is infinitely more likely than Neymar. After all, Sigurdsson went from Spurs to Swansea.

I hope you're right regarding Silva. I've not seen enough of him to judge him. Sigurdsson is proven over several seasons now, so the comparison doesn't make much sense yet.

The Neymar comparison is naturally exaggerated but it was clear that we stood no chance against Everton

Sigurdsson outright refused to go on the US Tour with Swansea and whilst still training with the team, didn't play again for them.

Drinkwater never made it public until he handed his transfer request 24 hours before the end of the dead line. You could say his thigh injury came quite conveniently but we will probably never know what exactly happened.

I didn't compare him directly to Siggurdsson, just said that he could fit our tream. I'm waiting for him like the second coming. Should he fail to live up to the hype, I think we could be in serious trouble.

Edited by ZeGuy

Everton will get better but their summer business was massively over-rated. Lots of players in the same position and pinning their goalscoring hopes on a past-it Rooney who I'm not convinced will even get double figures. Saying that their fixture list has been even harsher than ours so it'll be fairer to judge them in 5 games, although to thumped four times in a row is embarrassing in any circumstance.

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Can't believe Everton.. Are they mad?

They invest many millions on some really good players, then stick Big Wayne up front and expect to score lotsa goals.

Rooney is a spent force at this level and has been for at least two years.

God knows why they didn't get a proper striker. Bottom three at present aren't they...?

lol

I wouldnt call Rooney a spent force, far from it.  He was brilliant against United the other day

46 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I wouldnt call Rooney a spent force, far from it.  He was brilliant against United the other day

He's far too slow and mardy.