Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

What do you guys think about final placings ?

Looks to me that the battle for the title will be between Man City and Chelsea.

Man U third and about 7-9 points behind those and the fourth place team

probably at least 15 points behind the top two and have not got a clue who it will be.

Liverpool and Arsenal are all over the place, Everton a shambles and Wembley

will mean Spurs running out of steam.

On the relegation front can't see Brighton surviving but tricky to see who the other two will be.

Man City look absolutely lethal. Sterling scoring for fun. Aguero back to his brilliant best. Even the defence looking strong, especially with the new full backs. They have an amazing squad.

However, I think wily Mourinho will work out how to win this league. But this will be based first and foremost on keeping Pogba and Lukaku fit.

If this happens, for me it will be Utd, City, Chelsea in that order.

I don't think Huddersfield will go down. They will beat teams at home.

The only problem I see with them is they press so much and run a lot that they fade towards the end. So they need to score when they're on top. They were better than us yesterday but I felt after the 70th minute they felt content with 1-1.

18 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They say football can be very hard luck at times, and this situation certainly applies to Palace.

They don't look the worst team the PL has seen at present, and personally don't think they'll be after 38 games.

It's not getting better for them any time soon.

Their next three games are both Manchester clubs away followed by Chelsea at home.

It's very possible that they'll have zero points from the first eight games, which might leave them with a mountain to climb even in October.

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Just too good and got the rub of the green on a couple of decisions .

oh well - so long as we bouce back!

You're gonna be sound. Silva is an outstanding manager and you've plenty of talent in your squad. I'd be amazed if you didn't finish top 10 and comfortably above us.

• Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Drinkwater not even made the bench, what a shit move he's getting no where near the first 11

Can we buy him back in Jan for half the price?

Already been announced he's got an injury and probably won't play until mid October.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Drinkwater not even made the bench, what a shit move he's getting no where near the first 11

As harsh as it is this could be really good for us and teams like us if he doesn't see match time, he could be used as another example to what happens if you go to these greedy clubs.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

As harsh as it is this could be really good for us and teams like us if he doesn't see match time, he could be used as another example to what happens if you go to these greedy clubs.

He probably knows he'll rarely play but likely fed up of Leicester plus he gets a pay rise.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

I don't think Huddersfield will go down. They will beat teams at home.

The only problem I see with them is they press so much and run a lot that they fade towards the end. So they need to score when they're on top. They were better than us yesterday but I felt after the 70th minute they felt content with 1-1.

Huddersfield are mid table on performances so far. Still they may not have the depth if they get an injury to 1 or 2.

27 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He's injured. Would have been great for us yesterday.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I don't think Chelsea have looked that good this season to be honest. Didn't think they looked all that against us either and I'll be amazed if they do win the league. They'll come some distance behind Utd for me 

Still got Hazard to come back tbf. Not sure Morata will score enough for them to compete against the Manchester clubs though