Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Chilwell

52 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

He clearly has a long way to go and obviously such a small sample of games does not give enough of a sample size for the most meaningful stats but I really do wish people would be more patient with our younger players.  The amount of times I have seen words like "useless" and "sh1t" thrown at Chilwell is unbelievable.  Of course he may never become a top, top left back but he certainly MIGHT do and I certainly cannot think of many other better 21 year old fullbacks.

X

You are far too sensible for this forum Rumble.  What I mean is I often agree with you :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

"Over that period (12 games), his 17 chances created were more than any FPL defender.

And no defender supplied more than his four big chances."

I think you can see why Puel persisted with him when most, myself included, would have played Fuchs: Puel wants our wing backs creating chances and Chilwell is a prime, home grown, candidate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

"Over that period (12 games), his 17 chances created were more than any FPL defender.

great stats these. shame he is about as good at defending as my dead dog. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Chilwell has clearly improved rapidly over the course of his first proper PL season. Gray on the other hand....

Give Gray the same sustained run in the side he’d make huge improvements too

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beechey said:

Puts in about the same as Fuchs to be fair. More per game than Danny Simpson, Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier etc. For only being 21 I'd say he's well on his way to being a top Premier League full back.

Don’t doubt he’s got potential, but he’s probably getting more tackles in as they see that side as the weak side and are more often heading down that way...

9 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Did it tell you how many he wasted? lol

No doubt a lot of our play got funneled through him, not sure it was the best idea as his crossing isn't there just yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No doubt a lot of our play got funneled through him, not sure it was the best idea as his crossing isn't there just yet.

Wasn't the best set up for Ben. Having Simpson not being able to pass the half way line it meant 80% of our sustained attacking play happened on the left hand side. It Would have helped if we had a RB who took some responsibility in the attacking third, taking the heat/pressure off Ben. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

So he set up more shots than anyone defender in the league over that period (a third of a season) not only in terms of total chances created but also big chances created and we're still having a dig?  I agree with you most the time and I know you are being slightly tongue in cheek but the guy deserves credit when it's due.  X

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

So he set up more shots than anyone defender in the league over that period (a third of a season) not only in terms of total chances created but also big chances created and we're still having a dig?  I agree with you most the time and I know you are being slightly tongue in cheek but the guy deserves credit when it's due.  X

Not so much a dig, more a reality of how we were set up. I said it at the time he'd basically become our only outlet for a large chunk of games. I'd have expected nothing less stats wise to be honest as he was attempting to put in loads more crosses than anyone else.

I've defended him, I've said I'm happy to see him given a shot next season. But I'm not reading too much into those particular stats, purely because he was putting in to many more balls than anyone else at the time.

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Not so much a dig, more a reality of how we were set up. I said it at the time he'd basically become our only outlet for a large chunk of games. I'd have expected nothing less stats wise to be honest as he was attempting to put in loads more crosses than anyone else.

I've defended him, I've said I'm happy to see him given a shot next season. But I'm not reading too much into those particular stats, purely because he was putting in to many more balls than anyone else at the time.

I think the stats do not so much show he is now a world beater and I was not sharing them for that reason.  I more wanted to illustrate that those posters (not yourself) that have slated him really are just, objectively, incorrect.  It also does seem a little churlish to say that he ONLY had decent stats because we played that way.  You still have to have talent and to put in better underlying offensive stats than, say, Alonso is pretty impressive for a 21 year old in a struggling team.  :)

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

at least he's not just standing next to Maguire all of the time lol

• Like 1