Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Chilwell

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I really hate to be the one that breaks this but  I really do think he flatters to deceive and really think he limits us more than anything else. 

Yes he had a lot of space tonight but I think Atletico probably allowed him this. There were many times he got into really good positions but he lacks the ability or guile to be playing at his level (his assist was just pinball)

I would have had Gray over him tonight all day long and feel he would have been a lot more effective. 

lol

You posted just before I did. If you were really looking, he was neither great nor amazing I'm afraid. 

Edited by Col city fan

Covered the ground really well, gets in great positions with the angles and timings of his runs just if only he could cross it a bit better. Showed absolutely no fear, wanted to be on the ball at all times and had that Gareth Bale type of strong running action, either work on his crossing or encourage to cut it back to the edge of the box instead. For all the talk of Simeone being a tactical genius he was finding so much space, maybe in areas they were happy to concede while they packed the box. Thought a cynical opponent would put him into row C early on as a welcomer to unsettle him. A great night of experience under his belt.

24 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I really hate to be the one that breaks this but  I really do think he flatters to deceive and really think he limits us more than anything else. 

Yes he had a lot of space tonight but I think Atletico probably allowed him this. There were many times he got into really good positions but he lacks the ability or guile to be playing at his level (his assist was just pinball)

I would have had Gray over him tonight all day long and feel he would have been a lot more effective. 

I thought the same, Gray had the ability to beat the last man.

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

His final ball was lacking but his composure on the ball was fantastic and he maintained possession brilliantly.

No-one is saying he's Roberto Carlos, but the lad has potential. @Collymore & @Col city fan saying he isn't good enough for this level is not going against the grain, it's just being "controversial" for the sake of it. Only good enough for Barnsley? Have a fvcking word. That is a downright insult, he just held his own against one of the best teams in the world. 

Amen to that.

32 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I really didn't understand why we didn't have Gray on that side. If it had have been Gray with the ball in those same wide areas, then he would have been much more of a danger to their defence. 

That was the only criticism I had for Shakey tonight. Gray had to be on 2nd half. Even at the end, I have no idea why we brought Amartey on, when we were desperate for 2 goals. Gray on and move Fuchs to the CB and Chilwell to LCB in the 3. Have Gray bombing down that left.

Other than that. Can't have too many grumbles. We gave it our best and with a bit more luck, we could have got a couple more goals 

• Like 1

Atletico were so on the ropes and still so desperate that Mahrez had to be doubled up on that Benny C had loadsa space and little in the way of defensive responsibilities. IMO, he didn't quite have the guile/confidence to make the most of this situation. Such was the paucity of Madrid's attack, that Shakey could've stuck Gray out there instead. Benny did well enough, despite a misfiring final ball but I think in hindsight (and how could Shakey predict such a poor 2nd half by Atletico), Gray might've been the missing link.