Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Chilwell

Still a very strange player. I like him at left wingback but defensively in that position he can be naive. He's got the potential though to be unbelievable, I worry we aren't savvy enough as a club to get him to that level though. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Still a very strange player. I like him at left wingback but defensively in that position he can be naive. He's got the potential though to be unbelievable, I worry we aren't savvy enough as a club to get him to that level though. 

Needs to go out on loan and get battered and bruised, he looks too clean cut and his hair looks far too well conditioned

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Needs to go out on loan and get battered and bruised, he looks too clean cut and his hair looks far too well conditioned

Hahaha I'm not sure another loan move is necessarily what he needs. He needs to somehow push and be first choice with us. He's exactly the sort of player who will fit in to a possession based team in this 3-4-1-2 craze that's happening in football. The kick and rush style of football we play seems to leave him mightily exposed and that might be what puts our management off selecting him ahead of Fuchs. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Not seen enough of him defensively, but not particularly seen him at fault for things when the team has been in a balanced situation. 

But, if we played with 3 across the back and wingbacks - what a player he could become. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaha I'm not sure another loan move is necessarily what he needs. He needs to somehow push and be first choice with us. He's exactly the sort of player who will fit in to a possession based team in this 3-4-1-2 craze that's happening in football. The kick and rush style of football we play seems to leave him mightily exposed and that might be what puts our management off selecting him ahead of Fuchs. 

Spot on... you can see why Liverpool were interested in him, he'd fit in nicely with what they do. 

Think 3 at the back could work for us with Fuchs at left centre half... give us a nicely cultured left flank, Albrighton the other wingback. 

But thats something to consider in pre-season when we know what pieces of a puzzle we have.

He played very well offensively but defensively he needs someone like Danny Simpson to pull him to one side and help him out.

You don't try and chip the ball over an attacker on the half way line and you don't try fancy skills when half your team

is in the opposition box lol.

Shame his first goal will be forgotten.

17 hours ago, Winsum said:

Great going forward but cannot defend

he rescued Fuchs, Benny and Simpson by racing across to cover for them several times, but he's a young player so someone needs to find a reason to say he shouldn't play

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Cannot understand anyone who doesn't see his huge potential. He still makes some silly mistakes and has some lapses in concentration but that's to be expected. He needs a run of games to get that experience. Not a lot between him and Fuchs and given Chilwell can improve and help us change our style of play, I think he should be given the chances he needs.

Fuchs has deteriorated a lot this season and Chilwell is improving. Now is the time to let him have a run of games. Especially now we have a lot of the big teams out the way. 

His attacking play outweighs his defensive weaknesses which will reduce given a run of games. A special talent we need to make the most of.

I guess if crossing is all he needs to work on, and to be honest he's really got all the other things needed to be a good wing back, then that's something that he can have drilled into him over time.... hopefully a bit of tutoring from Fuchs! 

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just need to bite the bullet and play him. Fuchs has 6 months left here and we should be using him to impart as much defensive knowledge onto Chilwell while giving him game time. Hopefully with CP's record of developing youth he'll get the chance. 

Signed a new contract didn't he? Thought he had longer left.